WFT 2021 Pre-Season Games Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-22-2021, 07:29 PM   #241
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: WFT 2021 Pre-Season Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Man. Ron gives so many good, in depth, answers in this interview. He seems so comfortable in this position, you have to feel confidence in what the team is doing!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Hate to quote myself but one of the things that RR said in the interview is that this week's prep is going to model a regular season game, including game planning and follow through. I hope that means we will get to see a couple of series of our offense against Baltimore's first or second defense. Can't imagine any better way to work out the kinks then going against Baltimore's seconds. They are probably equal to some team's 1sts. (Baltimore's 3rds may be equal to Dallas' firsts)

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2021, 02:06 AM   #242
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Looking at the first half of Chiefs @ Cardinals, 1st round pick ILB Zaven Collins looks very hesitant, not very decisive in his cuts and not looking very confident as a tackler, while second year Isaiah Simmons is flashing all over the field.
LB and even more MLB is a complicated position in the NFL, be ready to give time to Jamin Davis before he looks like a successfully spent 1st round pick.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:48 AM   #243
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I know preseason is not necessarily an indicator of what to expect in the regular season, but the WFT starting offense has only put up 3 points in 6 possessions so far. Given how they started games all last year, that doesn't look good to me so far.

I hope the starters get at least a quarter + this weekend. I need to see them put it in the end zone.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:21 AM   #244
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I know preseason is not necessarily an indicator of what to expect in the regular season, but the WFT starting offense has only put up 3 points in 6 possessions so far. Given how they started games all last year, that doesn't look good to me so far.

I hope the starters get at least a quarter + this weekend. I need to see them put it in the end zone.
It is so hard to know. The 1st team offense has shown some serious flashes (back shoulder throws to Brown and Thomas, and a perfect pass to McLaurin) so you hope those things will be staples of the offense. But I agree that ultimately they have to get in the end zone. This week against Baltimore that may be a tough order though.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:19 PM   #245
SunnySide
Playmaker

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
Dyami Brown and Kam Curl aren’t feeling well. Should be back out practicing tomorrow

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
23h
Holcomb with an INT off Fitz in 2 minute drills. Jumped an underneath route but not a crisp session for the offense

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
Aug 23
Good news: Sammis Reyes and Temarick Hemingway back at practice

Bad news: Dyami Brown not practicing
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #246
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
Dyami Brown and Kam Curl aren’t feeling well. Should be back out practicing tomorrow

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
23h
Holcomb with an INT off Fitz in 2 minute drills. Jumped an underneath route but not a crisp session for the offense

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
·
Aug 23
Good news: Sammis Reyes and Temarick Hemingway back at practice

Bad news: Dyami Brown not practicing

Fits has had some Picks in practice but I love that he is a gunslinger. He had 96 yards the other night in a QTR LOL
Old 08-24-2021, 01:05 PM   #247
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Fits has had some Picks in practice but I love that he is a gunslinger. He had 96 yards the other night in a QTR LOL
I think the book on Fitz is pretty agreed upon .. can he limit his YOLO moments to calculated risks. Will he take the gimmie 5 yard route on 1st and 10 or hold off hoping a longer play will develop.

If we get into 3rd and long/predictable bc we went 2nd and 10 when it could have been 2nd down and 5 .. that pattern may be an issue.

If we get in trouble will he go YOLO and just flick a ball out to a guy he only sees a flash of while hes scrambling? in PS game 2, he was in trouble and tried to get teh ball to a guy in the middle who was just standing flat footed and Fitz basically threw it to a defender who dropped it.

We dont need him trying to make every play a positive play. If its not there and its not 3rd down .. dont force it to a guy you only saw a flash of when youre on the run. Kill the play and move one. Worst case scenario is we hand it off to our pro bowl punter and our top5 D.

That forced throw was the exact thing we dont want to see but hes a vet and its just in his DNA.

If fitz consistently passes on the guaranteed short yards looking for longer developing routes that may or may not be won, I dont think he fits Turners playbook.

if Fitz forces balls in our own end, he doesnt compliment our punter and D.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:24 PM   #248
GridIron26
Playmaker

Sunny, your points are valid although preseason and training camp also are the times where players try to do some experiments to see what works and what don't. At this point, I'm holding off my judgment on Fitzpatrick until 3-4 weeks into the season.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #249
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Sunny, your points are valid although preseason and training camp also are the times where players try to do some experiments to see what works and what don't. At this point, I'm holding off my judgment on Fitzpatrick until 3-4 weeks into the season.
Yeah I put zero stock in these camp play by plays. I know the media has to pump out content but it's just beyond silly sometimes.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:50 PM   #250
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ehhh…I think it’s important for new QB to show some gelling in camp.

Fitz missed a couple TD throws last name and nearly threw a red zone int to Humpy as well.

We still got time to get in together no doubt and we know media grift.

Hey…where in the fuck is Samuels? Is he still injured or covid restricted? He’s needs to get on the field now

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #251
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
im trying to reserve my judgment but the fanatic in me is giddy. We are still in the honeymoon phase dreaming of all the good things Fitz brings, ignoring the fact hes thrown 33 ints in his last 27 starts.

Im like 60% on board the Fitz-magic train as our offense was pedestrian last year. Ill love the down field 50-50 balls to Terry ... I just hope his YOLO button is situationally aware.

Make the team have to go 80 yards on our defense to score.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #252
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ehhh…I think it’s important for new QB to show some gelling in camp.

Fitz missed a couple TD throws last name and nearly threw a red zone int to Humpy as well.

We still got time to get in together no doubt and we know media grift.

Hey…where in the fuck is Samuels? Is he still injured or covid restricted? He’s needs to get on the field now
Samuels is off of the COVID list and off of the PUP list. They are working him in slowly as he already knows the system and they don't want to rush him back and risk re-injuring himself. Probably won't see him til wk1
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:41 PM   #253
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
im trying to reserve my judgment but the fanatic in me is giddy. We are still in the honeymoon phase dreaming of all the good things Fitz brings, ignoring the fact hes thrown 33 ints in his last 27 starts.

Im like 60% on board the Fitz-magic train as our offense was pedestrian last year. Ill love the down field 50-50 balls to Terry ... I just hope his YOLO button is situationally aware.

Make the team have to go 80 yards on our defense to score.
I hope Fitz and Turner get on the same page and Turner gets an idea of which type of plays bring out Fitztragic. That is the good of playing the 1st string offense in preseason. It gives everybody the same frame of reference.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:43 PM   #254
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Samuels is off of the COVID list and off of the PUP list. They are working him in slowly as he already knows the system and they don't want to rush him back and risk re-injuring himself. Probably won't see him til wk1
Word

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #255
MTK
\m/

Samuels is all in for week 1