Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cards postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2020, 05:10 PM   #121
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Cards postgame

Week 1 Eagles I got to stream game on NFL.com for free. Awesome!
Week 2 no such luck.
Today I finally watched highlights of the key plays and I was surprised at the rookie high school boneheaded moves by some of our “pro’s” made.
For example on first Cardinal drive on a key 3rd and 2 at our 40, DE Sweat failed to maintain gap responsibility, the most basic responsibility for a DE, something I learned in fucking High School. Sweat got suckered for a big run. The thing is his teammates were in position to stop any run to the right side, Sweat was playing way out of position and left his responsibility trying to do too much.
On Haskins first sack the Oline actually set up a nice pocket but Haskins got happy feet and ran right to the only guy who could sack him. If he had stayed in the pocket and got rid of the ball he would avoid the sack. He tried to do too much.
Haskins fumble after the Landon Collins interception was embarrassing.
Then our punt returner fumbles.
This was the first three possessions.
Shakey rookie shit from non-rookies.
It seems like early in games some of our guys try to do too much. Try and win the game by themselves. Our coaches have a good system just play within it. Don’t do too much.
Our players need to relax.
I realize our Oline is not doing jack shit.
I want to give Haskins time. However if Haskins continues to play like this where gives our team no chance to win you have to take him out at some point. Like after week 4. A month of games should be enough chance to show he earned the starting job or not. His footwork and poise is severely lacking. It not like he is close. He is not and that is a problem.
Defensewins is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2020, 07:30 PM   #122
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
"He gets so fired up, he sees it so quickly, he speeds up and doesn’t go through his normal plant and drive into it," Rivera said of Haskins' miss. "He’s so quick, he’s got his weight back a little bit and he just lets it go as opposed to ‘Hey, I’m there, I'm tall and I can drive step.’ He sees it, ‘it’s there, I got it,’ and bam - he’s a little bit high."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...and-how-fix-it

Haskins has to plat and throw from a good base.

I am not accepting excuses for this. He is in his 2nd year of the NFL. I am sure he has been told a million ways to Sunday to set and throw. Instead he just trust his arm, mechanics be damned, like it some backyard football game.

Week 2 -- Ron Rivera has identified the problem and already spoken publicly about it. Im sure in film room, haskins is going to hear about it.

Week 9 or 10 and if Haskins is still being sloppy and lazy .... I dont think Ron will be taking much more of this shit.

Its frustrating, it should be an easy fix but it seems to be a really bad deeply ingrained habit ... and it may cost Haskins a career in this league if he cant take coaching and adopt it ... on something so basic.
Just looked at the game logs and he hasn't had a game where he's completed 20 or more passes yet. 19 is his career high and 35 attempts is his career high, both against the Jets.

And since they have been compared in this thread..

Minshew career passer rating = 94
Haskins = 78
Old 09-21-2020, 07:37 PM   #123
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Haskins hasn't had a full staff with him and other excuses. Bottomline, he has this year to work and grow. He grew last year imo. If he doesn't this year we move on. No reason for fans to be all over him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:50 PM   #124
httr198020
Special Teams

I think this team is going to rebound.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:57 PM   #125
httr198020
Special Teams

It's only week two. I say give this team and coaching staff the benefit of the doubt.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:48 PM   #126
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Haskins hasn't had a full staff with him and other excuses. Bottomline, he has this year to work and grow. He grew last year imo. If he doesn't this year we move on. No reason for fans to be all over him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
This.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:11 PM   #127
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

On the 54 yard bomb, they were in QTRs coverage (Cover 4) that was all Apke
Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #128
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
On the 54 yard bomb, they were in QTRs coverage (Cover 4) that was all Apke
You know when I see the skins are starting Apke, it gives me hope...like do they have a place for me on the team?

If they are starting him, I think I have special teams/practice squad potential. Haven’t played organized football since I was 15, but I was better than than Apke is now...so it still gives me hope I could walk on if I got laid off or something.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:41 PM   #129
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The first area of conflict comes when Ron benches the owners hand picked qb and then wants to move on from him. We all know that day is coming at some point this season.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:38 PM   #130
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I think Ron needs to show this film clip to the whole roster during game film or better before a game, it will make anyone go through a wall. https://youtu.be/N1sNs4a1XTY

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:22 AM   #131
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This.
Agreed. I'm not convinced he is the answer or isn't, I'm prepared to give him more rope. I'm looking at pro's and con's (pro being to give him benefit of the doubt):

Pro's
He's had 2 coaching staff's and 2 systems in 2 years as a pro
Last years coaching staff didn't want him
He had only 2 seasons in college
He had 2 guys getting reps ahead of him last year before being made starter with little 1st team practice
He's shown leadership this year
As far as I can see he's got the respect of his teammates
He has one of, if not the worst OL in the league (over 11 games he's been sacked on over 10% of pass plays)
He has 1 top tier receiver and no top tier TE
The running game so far isn't consistent enough to take pressure of the passing game (restricting PA etc.)
He's only started 9 games, played in 11

Cons
poor technique
He's inaccurate
He starts cold in games
He seems to panic when given some time to throw (which isn't often), hence some of the inaccuracy

Overall I'd say he's got to overcome a lot of adversity here to shine. I don't see how anyone can say he's been given a fair crack of the whip, but yes, if he's still as bad by game 16, then maybe we do need to consider options.

But if we draft another QB high next year, how does that yet again limit our other options in the draft? We have so many holes to fill, and he proves at least capable as a game manager, why abandon the other needs yet again? Can any quality QB do well without at least a top 16 OL?

Put it this way; stick Carson Wentz behind this line would he not be just as bad as he looks in Philly?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:19 AM   #132
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The first area of conflict comes when Ron benches the owners hand picked qb and then wants to move on from him. We all know that day is coming at some point this season.
If he keeps playing this poorly then the owner can't say shit
Old 09-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #133
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
This team is not quite as good as they looked in quarters 2-4 last week, and they aren't quite as bad as they looked in quarters 1-3 yesterday. I think they are somewhere in the middle. One thing is for sure, they have to stop spotting the opponent 17-20 points.

It's been two games against two pretty good defenses. Turner has to look at these two games and figure out what works, and what doesn't...what DH is good at, and what he isn't.

I do expect a more complete game next week, with a faster (more competent) start from the offense. Gibson/McKissic averaged over 5 yards a carry combined. I look for them to pound the ball early and often against Cleveland.

This.

I predicted 5-11. We might do a bit better.

This team will beat bad to average teams, and lose to good teams. And I think AZ is a VERY good team.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #134
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I think Ron needs to show this film clip to the whole roster during game film or better before a game, it will make anyone go through a wall. https://youtu.be/N1sNs4a1XTY
I was there for the 1982 NFC Championship Game vs. the Cowboys! It was the most thrilling event, not football game, but EVENT I have ever attended. Did you notice the stands swaying from the fans jumping? It was like that for the entire game! I was literally afraid that the upper deck would collapse. I could go on and on about that game. It was amazing!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:47 AM   #135
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When has the Oline been this bad?
There you go :

And the year before :