Pathetic

Not yet but damn if it's not close!

Advertisements
Old 06-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #47
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: World Cup

Michael Bradley with perhaps the most epic choke job in USMNT history - Guyism

Look at this shit. Fuck Bradley. Bench him already.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:22 AM   #48
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Wasn't Bradley fault ,others were in defense also .
Old 06-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #49
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I can't watch soccer for :30 w/out wanting to turn the channel. It's the most brutally boring sport to watch. Just dreadful, World Cup or not. Why is it that no one gives a damn about soccer here 99.9% of the time? Then The World Cup comes and it freakin' crazy. Anyhow just my .02. I watched Michelle Wie win the US Open over soccer.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #50
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Just curious. If The World Cup came on in the fall on a Sunday, would anyone watch over football?
Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Just curious. If The World Cup came on in the fall on a Sunday, would anyone watch over football?
hell to the no and neither would anybody in the country.

i dont know jack about soccer but i think the USA best player is the goalie. He's keeping them in both games.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #52
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

yes ,and in my opinion are better athletes .I love the NFL but if the USA was in the World Cup in the Fall , yes I would watch it over American football .
Old 06-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #53
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
hell to the no and neither would anybody in the country.

i dont know jack about soccer but i think the USA best player is the goalie. He's keeping them in both games.
Erick Howard ,and yes he has played well ,I like Clint Dempsey he did a good job up front by himself yesterday and while there are things you can bitch about with Bradley I still believe he has played ok ,he does have to control the ball better .
Old 06-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #54
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
yes ,and in my opinion are better athletes .I love the NFL but if the USA was in the World Cup in the Fall , yes I would watch it over American football .
Well, yeah... of course you would because you root for the frickin' Giants. I'd probably watch soccer over my team's QB slinging a hundred picks a game too.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #55
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I can't watch soccer for :30 w/out wanting to turn the channel. It's the most brutally boring sport to watch. Just dreadful, World Cup or not. Why is it that no one gives a damn about soccer here 99.9% of the time? Then The World Cup comes and it freakin' crazy. Anyhow just my .02. I watched Michelle Wie win the US Open over soccer.
I'm sorry but baseball is more boring. Regular soccer is eh. World Cup soccer is different. But to each their own I guess.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #56
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Depends on the game for some people. Though unless something dramatic happened to either sport, very doubtful this would ever happen.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #57
MTK
\m/

I'd watch preseason NFL over any World Cup games.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #58
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Well, yeah... of course you would because you root for the frickin' Giants. I'd probably watch soccer over my team's QB slinging a hundred picks a game too.

Now I would watch a NY Giant super bowl over a world cup match ,just sayin .
Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #59
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ruhskins is right. Watching Premiere League/La Liga/Serie A is totally different than watching the World Cup. Premiere League/La Liga/Serie A is like us watching the our favorite teams in football. Some teams suck, some teams are stacked. Probably won't mean much if you aren't a fan of the sport or one of those teams.

World Cup soccer on the other hand is amazing. The competition is spread throughout the teams and anything can really happen in the games as we've seen so far. When two NFL/NBA/MLB teams play each other, what are they playing for other than a mere "win" in the column? The World Cup is national pride, and it feels great when your home country wins a game against other countries. I've never walked away with the same feeling about a win from the Redskins as I have when the US team wins in the WC. It's not even remotely close. National pride trumps all. The closest would be if the Skins beat the Cowboys to win the division (like 2012) or if they win the SB.

The World Cup TV ratings have surpassed that of the NBA Finals and the World Series. That's saying a lot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/bu...ings.html?_r=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'd watch preseason NFL over any World Cup games.
I'm ashamed of you Matty. I expected more.

You guys need to get together with some friends at a bar and watch a US world cup match. It's electric when the whole place goes apeshit after a score. Sat with a guy who has never watched a WC game until Sunday and he loved it. Knew nothing about it, but walked away being a fan of WC soccer.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #60
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I respect their talent and they have to be in tremendous physical shape. But there is not way the top soccer athlete could touch a top NFL athlete. Do you realize how freakin strong, explosive and fast a guy like AP is? None of the soccer guys (I think) are in his class.