Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #61
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Key Points (per the article itself):

The World Health Organization praised the Trump administration's response to the COVID-19 outbreak.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus singled out President Donald Trump for doing a "great job" in leveraging public and private sector resources to fight the pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/who-...ll-he-can.html
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #62
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

The World Health Organization praised the Trump administration's response to the COVID-19 outbreak.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus singled out President Donald Trump for doing a "great job" in leveraging public and private sector resources to fight the pandemic.

Shhhhh. Don't let people know that - it is a secret.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #63
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

That's great, but the American People Expect more from their Leadership . Who doesn't matter.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:03 PM   #64
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Well , looky here............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tea...000023392.html

Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook

Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook
By Dan Diamond and Nahal Toosi
PoliticoMarch 25, 2020, 8:00 PM EDT
The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk. But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.

“Is there sufficient personal protective equipment for healthcare workers who are providing medical care?” the playbook instructs its readers, as one early decision that officials should address when facing a potential pandemic. “If YES: What are the triggers to signal exhaustion of supplies? Are additional supplies available? If NO: Should the Strategic National Stockpile release PPE to states?”

The strategies are among hundreds of tactics and key policy decisions laid out in a 69-page National Security Council playbook on fighting pandemics, which POLITICO is detailing for the first time. Other recommendations include that the government move swiftly to fully detect potential outbreaks, secure supplemental funding and consider invoking the Defense Production Act — all steps in which the Trump administration lagged behind the timeline laid out in the playbook.

“Each section of this playbook includes specific questions that should be asked and decisions that should be made at multiple levels” within the national security apparatus, the playbook urges, repeatedly advising officials to question the numbers on viral spread, ensure appropriate diagnostic capacity and check on the U.S. stockpile of emergency resources.

The playbook also stresses the significant responsibility facing the White House to contain risks of potential pandemics, a stark contrast with the Trump administration’s delays in deploying an all-of-government response and President Donald Trump's recent signals that he might roll back public health recommendations.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:10 PM   #65
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That's great, but the American People Expect more from their Leadership . Who doesn't matter.
What you meant was: WHO doesn't matter because they said something positive. But if they shit on Trump I would have for sure posted the article saying look how embarrassing he is to the world. You're so blinded with hate I don't know how you get around. Its hilarious, the moment anyone post something positive about Trump you go scouring the internet to find something negative.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:20 PM   #66
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
What you meant was: WHO doesn't matter because they said something positive. But if they shit on Trump I would have for sure posted the article saying look how embarrassing he is to the world. You're so blinded with hate I don't know how you get around. Its hilarious, the moment anyone post something positive about Trump you go scouring the internet to find something negative.
LOL, scouring....good one. One only has to look at trump tweets or his press conferences to see him screw up.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:25 PM   #67
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, scouring....good one. One only has to look at trump tweets or his press conferences to see him screw up.
Not gonna lie, I had to google that to make sure I spelled it directly. Don't know that I've ever put that word in print before.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:05 AM   #68
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Shhhhh. Don't let people know that - it is a secret.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Am I doing it right? This is my first time
Old 03-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #69
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Am I doing it right? This is my first time
Yes, all the news is fake. No matter which side lol. There is literally no real news. Every thing around us isn't real. We are in The Matrix.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #70
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

all joking aside ... trumps twitter thoughts today are indescribable. it is just lies or lashing out.

how the fuck did we end up with this guy?
Old 03-27-2020, 04:12 PM   #71
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

all joking aside ... trumps twitter thoughts today are indescribable. it is just lies or lashing out.

how the fuck did we end up with this guy?
He seems to have an opinion on everything, even in areas where his expertise is a zero on a scale of 1-10. I did think John Kerry's comment about Massie was funny. The part that baffled me about Trump was in the primaries, once Marco Rubio short circuited during the debates Trump became made of Teflon. I would always check the polls and off shore bookmaker odds after every Trump gaffe. It seems after the death of Rubio no matter what stupid crap he did his numbers would stay steady.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #72
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...CZn?li=BBnb7Kz

Does she ever do anything besides point fingers and complain?
Old 03-27-2020, 04:37 PM   #73
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I get that he thinks the media is biased against him and I tend to agree with him. So I see why he uses Twitter to an extent, but he should be posting measured responses and information not just throwing everything and its mother against the wall and seeing what sticks. And no one knows about everything. Part of being intelligent and being a good leader is to know your strengths and weaknesses and relying on your support team to handle things that aren't in your expertise. So basically its perfectly reasonable to just STFU sometimes.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:42 PM   #74
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...CZn?li=BBnb7Kz

Does she ever do anything besides point fingers and complain?
Talk about someone that really needs to just STFU. She is helping to ruin her own party. Bet a lot of Dems even want her primaried.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:42 PM   #75
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
I get that he thinks the media is biased against him and I tend to agree with him. So I see why he uses Twitter to an extent, but he should be posting measured responses and information not just throwing everything and its mother against the wall and seeing what sticks. And no one knows about everything. Part of being intelligent and being a good leader is to know your strengths and weaknesses and relying on your support team to handle things that aren't in your expertise. So basically its perfectly reasonable to just STFU sometimes.
I don't think that is in Trump's playbook.