Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #46
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Re: How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Gruden lasts the season and if he can somehow "click" with Haskins then he might even get an extension. Yesterday wasn't Gruden's fault, it was Manusky's.

Bullshit. The defense was completely gassed. The offense couldn’t sustain drives. Countless 3 and outs, and kept putting the defense in a bad spot. That’s on Gruden Taking his foot off the gas, bad play calling, and not making halftime adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-09-2019, 08:39 AM   #47
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Bullshit. The defense was completely gassed. The offense couldn’t sustain drives. Countless 3 and outs, and kept putting the defense in a bad spot. That’s on Gruden Taking his foot off the gas, bad play calling, and not making halftime adjustments

Yea. Doc Walker always asks, why doesn't our D make them go three and out?

Total team loss imo.

So sick and tired of this BS run scheme.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 08:43 AM   #48
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

The silver lining here is that the more collapses we see, and the worst season is the higher the chance Bruce Alan and Jay Gruden finally get fired

Old 09-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #49
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Honestly the Skins didn't play a bad game. Yeah I understand you guys are upset but the Eagles are a good team and it's only game one . The defense was on the field way to long , I thought the young wide outs you have looked very good.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #50
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Honestly the Skins didn't play a bad game. Yeah I understand you guys are upset but the Eagles are a good team and it's only game one . The defense was on the field way to long , I thought the young wide outs you have looked very good.

The biggest problem we’ve had throughout Gruden’s tenure is second-half Collapses. You can’t blame that on the players, because the players have changed multiple times, and the offensive personnel has Turned over multiple times. We’ve also seen different offensive coordinators come and go.The only common denominator is Jay Gruden

Old 09-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post

Was the defense gassed coming out of halftime? Seems to me they should have been fully rested. Eagles basically ran them over on the drive out of halftime.

Also I think Gruden was trying to score but when the line gets consistantly called for penalties then not sure what he can do about that. Also he did call some deep shots, Case overthrew a td so he was trying to score.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:07 AM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I heard Jay talking about AP and he'll get in the game if we run 50 some I formations. My response to Jay would be to watch the Patriots. Particularly the SB run where they ran tons of I formations w/ Devlin at fullback. They seem to run the ball real well out of basic I formations. You had 30 yard yesterday. Dummy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:07 AM   #53
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Was the defense gassed coming out of halftime? Seems to me they should have been fully rested. Eagles basically ran them over on the drive out of halftime.

Also I think Gruden was trying to score but when the line gets consistantly called for penalties then not sure what he can do about that. Also he did call some deep shots, Case overthrew a td so he was trying to score.
No. DJax commented that he told his team mates to keep fighting because he knew the redskins would feel like they had the game locked up at 17-0 and not come out with any fight.

Jay Gruden is "go along to get along." he's too easy-going and has no fight in him and that lazy attitude has clearly infected the rest of the locker room.

We will never win as long as Jay Gruden is our head coach. And we'll never attract a quality head coach to our team as long as Bruce Allen is in charge.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #54
Schneed10
A Dude

Jonathan Allen and Caleb Brantley went down and that left Settle, Payne and Ioannidis to pretty much play the entire rest of the game. They wilted.

But we also didn't succeed with running the ball, especially in the second half. We needed to sustain drives better to give them a rest.

And the defense got no pass rush.

It was a total team loss. But to a superior opponent. The Eagles are very good, as much as it sucks to acknowledge it. That deep threat in Jackson takes them to another level.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #55
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
No. DJax commented that he told his team mates to keep fighting because he knew the redskins would feel like they had the game locked up at 17-0 and not come out with any fight.

Jay Gruden is "go along to get along." he's too easy-going and has no fight in him and that lazy attitude has clearly infected the rest of the locker room.

We will never win as long as Jay Gruden is our head coach. And we'll never attract a quality head coach to our team as long as Bruce Allen is in charge.

Exactly. Jay Gruden inspires NO ONE

Old 09-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The first ten plays of the second half, there were 5 penalties. A huge drop by Richardson for a first down on the heels of a missed TD to T Mac.

Execution folks.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #57
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

It's not about the Eagles game for me. I've been done with Gruden for a long time. Deep down, I think we all know that he isn't going to get us where we want to be. I'm ready for a complete rebuild with a new HC.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:37 AM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Morgan Moses calls out Jay bahaha
Old 09-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #59
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Desean Jackson has some thoughts on Gruden:

"We came out and started off slow and struggled, but not one moment in that game I didn’t think we were going to come out and win that game. I kept stressing to the boys when we came in the locker room that I have been over there before in that locker room and I know how they are," Jackson said of the Redskins. "I just stressed to my teammates that I felt that at halftime, they probably thought they had the game sealed and won."

Jackson, remember, played with the Redskins for three seasons from 2014 to 2016 and Jay Gruden was the head coach. Jackson really does know the Redskins locker room because he was a big part of it. And the speedster explained he wasn't trying to take a shot at his old coach or teammates, but was just explaining the reality of a big halftime lead in Washington.

"We just knew that coming into the locker room that it is just a mentality thing. My past five-six years being gone is what I miss, that being part of a team and organization that is just known for winning," Jackson said.

"Regardless of the score and how many points you are down, there is always a chance you can win the game. Being in that locker room, I just know how they are, not saying anything bad about them, that is just how they are.”

As damaging as Jackson's play Sunday was to the Redskins, and he torched the Redskins with eight catches for 154 yards and two touchdowns, his postgame comments might be more dire.

Jackson played for the Redskins a few seasons ago, and it's clear he doesn't think that the organization was known for winning. And as hard as it is to hear for many, he's right. Washington hasn't made the playoffs in the last three seasons, and only has two playoff games in the last decade. The Redskins haven't won a playoff game since 2005. As much as the Redskins have a proud history, with shiny Super Bowl trophies and Hall of Fame players, consistent success hasn't been the case in Washington for more than two decades.

So when Jackson says "I just know how they are, not saying anything bad about them, that is just how they are," he's not trying to take a shot. He's just telling the truth.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #60
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Morgan Moses calls out Jay bahaha
Moses should be ripping himself, he sucks!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote