Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should Gruden be fired ?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins fire Gruden?
Yes 54 87.10%
No 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2018, 01:37 AM   #106
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Should Gruden be fired ?

On offense though, we do need to sign a Veteran QB, and draft one, we need to address the Oline this off season, and need to draft a TE that is a capable blocker and pass catcher. On defense, we need a lot of help... We need to draft speed at the ILB position even if Foster works out, probably need a CB, maybe two with Dunbar's nerve injury, and need a pass rushing threat. The current OLBs just aren't getting it done.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #107
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
No, not yet. Allen should be gone though after this year. Let Doug Williams take over Allen's duties, and let Jay finish out his contract and then see where this team is at. I understand the ones who say you can't use the injuries as an excuse, next man up and all that, but I'm sorry, #1 WR gone for the year, #2 WR missed significant time, #1 RB gone for the year, #2 RB missed significant time, 3 Guards (including a probowler) gone for the year, and another now will miss several weeks, TW missing a couple games, and both he and Moses playing hurt, arguably the #1 CB hurt most of the year and now on IR, and last but not least, now we have Josh friggin Johnson one injury away from being the starting QB, now that both the starting and backup QBs broke their legs...and I'm sure I missed some...I mean if this team is completely non-competitive, flat, and just shows no desire over the next four weeks, maybe he's gotta go, but I don't see that happening. He'll be back next year, and hopefully we won't be signing Joes off the street to run his offense.

I totally agree with everything you just said!

While Jay Gruden hasn't been perfect, I do still think that he is a Decent coach.

With the absolute Mess that Dan Synder has made of the Redskins, at least Jay has kept the team competive.

I also agree that the injuries have completely hobbled the team, through no fault of Jay Gruden.

I also agree that Bruce Allen has become simply a Servent of Dan Synder, unfortunately.

Dan Synder is the real problem!

Please understand...I agree that Jay Gruden has made a lot of mistakes, but he has at least kept the Redskins competive.

Bruce Allen needs to Go Away and so does Dan Synder!

(my apologies for my rant)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #108
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Gruden needs to be fired.
Injuries should NOT get him a pass. You're down to your 3rd string qb you just picked up off the street and you give the ball to AP 9 times??? Even after a 90 yard TD.
His play calling is horrible. We're continuously a sloppy, unprepared and undisciplined team. We would have choked down the stretch even with Alex. We were never as good as our record. Jay has been here 5 years and taken us to the playoffs ONCE. Since then we've gotten progressively worse every year. We will never win with Jay.

Bruce Allen needs to go too. Being linked to George Allen shouldn't get him a pass anymore.....
It never should have in the first place.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #109
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Gruden is an idiot...he has the football IQ of a retard...Chris Cooley got on Twitter 5 days ago and tweeted that Jay Gruden is the easiest NFL coach for other teams to prepare for...because he doesn't make adjustments....he doesn't counter the things that defenses do to attack the Redskins offense....he just keeps calling predictable plays...the fact that Gruden is a idiot is Adrian Peterson ran the ball 9 times for 98 yards on Monday night...one of those was a 90 yard run for a TD....the other 31 head coaches would have kept calling run plays for Adrian Peterson....Gruden should be fired for that alone.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:16 AM   #110
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...g-out-halftime

This ALONE should get Jay fired. He is the worst at Halftime adjustments and always has been.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #111
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...g-out-halftime

This ALONE should get Jay fired. He is the worst at Halftime adjustments and always has been.
Proof of that is the Monday game versus Philly...AP had 9 carries for 98 yards...one of those runs being a 90 yard TD...and he doesn't keep feeding AP the ball? His play calling is horrible...and Chris Cooley said on his podcast last week that Gruden is the easiest head coach in the NFL for other coaches to prepare for....because they know Gruden won't counter what they are doing to the Redskins offense.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #112
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I like Gruden. I don't think he is a bad coach. I also don't think he is going to be a winner in the NFL. Rather, I think 8-8 is pretty much his comfort zone.

I also think he has lost the team and needs to go - along with Manusky. (Allen is a given).

So ... if that's the case, who finishes out the year as HC and DC? I mean, I don't even see an interim here.

Plus, as long as they have a mathematical shot at the play-offs, I don't see DS changing things. It might just take all three games, three horrific, mind numbing games, for this debacle to end and the housecleaning to take place.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #113
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jay is basically Jeff Fisher . 7-9 , 9-7 is his ceiling.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #114
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I like Gruden. I don't think he is a bad coach. I also don't think he is going to be a winner in the NFL. Rather, I think 8-8 is pretty much his comfort zone.

I also think he has lost the team and needs to go - along with Manusky. (Allen is a given).

So ... if that's the case, who finishes out the year as HC and DC? I mean, I don't even see an interim here.

Plus, as long as they have a mathematical shot at the play-offs, I don't see DS changing things. It might just take all three games, three horrific, mind numbing games, for this debacle to end and the housecleaning to take place.
I don't see any changes happening in season.

But we do have two ex HC's here, Callahan and Tomsula.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #115
Meks
Pro Bowl

I'd rather hire from outside. Continuity has gotten us dick. And neither of those guys had too much success as HC. Keep them on the respective lines? Sure. But for god sakes get rid of manusky and gruden. Playcalling and overall scheme is hot trash. We need upgraded edge rushers, too, though. I'm sure things would look a little better on D in that case. I love kerrigan... and dont hate smith, but we do not have playmaking edge rushers and we havent. A lot needs to change with this franchise starting from the top.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #116
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Remember in the Off-Season when Jay said, "The team is built to win now. Alex was brought in here to lead that team." Or something along those lines...

WELL, either Jay misjudged the talent on this roster or it's not being utilized properly... Which is it Jay!?
Old 12-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #117
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
Remember in the Off-Season when Jay said, "The team is built to win now. Alex was brought in here to lead that team." Or something along those lines...

WELL, either Jay misjudged the talent on this roster or it's not being utilized properly... Which is it Jay!?
In fairness to Jay we were winning when AS was healthy.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:26 PM   #118
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
In fairness to Jay we were winning when AS was healthy.
That's true. I wasn't all that serious with my post either. I mean, he did say that but it's typical off-season talk.

I was more commenting on the way a narrative can shift. Before the season we all felt that this roster was very talented and capable of the post-season. Now as our season starts to fall apart we're finding holes all over the place that need to be addressed.

Last edited by sevier2; 12-11-2018 at 03:43 PM.
sevier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:34 PM   #119
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post

I think my issue with Jay in the offseason is that once he saw that his starting wideouts and Reed were not practicing or playing in the preseason, he should have given Alex more time in preseason games.

Also, in regards to the Guard position, my criticism is not just that they depended on Luvao, but did not keep any linemen in the PS that they would be willing to use in an emergency.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #120
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think my issue with Jay in the offseason is that once he saw that his starting wideouts and Reed were not practicing or playing in the preseason, he should have given Alex more time in preseason games.

Also, in regards to the Guard position, my criticism is not just that they depended on Luvao, but did not keep any linemen in the PS that they would be willing to use in an emergency.
Dead on.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote