Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

YOU play GM (Since we don't have one)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: YOU play GM (Since we don't have one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How is this relevant to hiring Tomlin?

Further the owners know how to conduct appropriate interviews but maybe if we are lucky BA and DS violate it and are forced to resign / sell the team. Of course no team has been disciplined since 2003 so it's really just a league talking point instead of any serious and strict regulation

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #17
metalskins
The Starter

This is easy.

The first thing I'm doing is hiring the head coach. It's going to be a guy who instills discipline, respect, and hard work. A Tom Coughlin/Marty Schottenheimer type of coach. I'm then giving him full authority to hire his coaching staff. He will be in control of the hiring and firing of his staff. I will be in control of the hiring and firing of the head coach.

The next thing I do is revamp the scouting department. I want scouts who excel in finding those diamond in the rough players, those guys who are late round players or undrafted free agents. Finding quality in the higher rounds usually isn't too hard, it's the guys who will provide quality depth that are hard to find.

I will then replace the training and conditioning staff. I don't want to see out of shape, injured players at Redskins Park. I want them in optimal condition.

After that, I'm sitting back and seeing how it plays out.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #18
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I thought the point of the thread was for us to play GM .. not us play Dan Snyder?
If you are the GM for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen, it doesn't matter what you do, you'll fail. The crux of the problem has to be addressed: ineptitude at setting up organizational hierarchy.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #19
Irrefutable
The Starter

#1 hire a coach who will have a lot of say in personnel moves
#2 trade vets who have any trade value
#3 trade down and hoard draft choices
#4 sign C+ level free agents
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #20
MTK
\m/

Feels like we've had way too many threads like this over the years. Tired of talking about what this team needs to do to turn it around. It's simple, Danny needs to hire a GM and stay the F outta the way. Cruise around the world and just get out of town. Stop fucking meddling. Get someone in here that knows how to run an organization and establish a winning culture from the mail room to the locker room. Taking over the first round of the draft is shit that has to stop.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Feels like we've had way too many threads like this over the years. Tired of talking about what this team needs to do to turn it around. It's simple, Danny needs to hire a GM and stay the F outta the way. Cruise around the world and just get out of town. Stop fucking meddling. Get someone in here that knows how to run an organization and establish a winning culture from the mail room to the locker room. Taking over the first round of the draft is shit that has to stop.
That is Dan's biggest problem and Achilles heel , he won't step away and let REAL football people run his team. He's that Madden type fan boy that thinks he can build a winner but realistically he has zero fucking football knowledge which is why he hires yes men all the time. Until he steps away from the football side we will always suck, time to hire a Real GM
Old 10-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #22
Burgold
Special Teams

Hhehe..well,first I sit down with Danny and TRY TO EXPLAIN to him that this team needs FOOTBALL MINDS and then I start cleaning house...trainers-team doctors...try to trade-Trent-Ryan-Josh-use the pick on a QB..because I don't think Haskins is gonna work out..I have a meeting with who ever comes in as coach and suggest that he teach these guys how to play-I'M NOT JOKING-just like as if they are rookies because nobody has taught them anything..and I would make a statement to our fans stating that it is our fault that this thing has stuck for so long but please hang in because 'we're working on actually getting it right,but it's gonna take some time...this is a fantasy scenario so that's what I would do..of course I cut some folks too and try to hire the best coaching minds available if they will come here.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Step 1: Dick kick Bruce Allen
Step 2: Tell Dan he is a pathetic fucking loser
Step 3: Mic Drop
Step 4: Walk out of Redskins Park
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #24
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Well at least this time when he picked the qb he didn't give away two future #1's and a 2nd rounder...
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #25
success52
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I thought the point of the thread was for us to play GM .. not us play Dan Snyder?
I think the Redskins will pursue Kevin Colbert as GM.
He did not take an extension with the Steelers last year. Colbert/Tomlin
success52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:17 PM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by success52 View Post
I think the Redskins will pursue Kevin Colbert as GM.
He did not take an extension with the Steelers last year. Colbert/Tomlin
If you could force out Bruce...I would def take this.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It is kind of funny how we criticize Dan Snyder for not hiring football people and then as soon as we have the chance to hypothetically run the team we all say what we would do, and nobody says "hire a football person as my GM".

That's what I would do if I were team president, then I'd get my ass to work on the business side because that's where I could do some damage.

Hire a GM and let him pick the coach. I want the GM with all roster authority, with the scouting department reporting in to him, and the head coach reporting in to him. The scouting department will deliver the draft board, the GM will review the draft board with the coach, and the GM will decide how to manage the relationship with the coach to balance the need to win immediately vs the need to win later.

The only thing I'd dictate is that I'd insist the GM and the coach be given the same length contract. Five years, seven years, whatever. I'd insist their time horizons be on the same page, so they'd both be aligned in trying to build for the future early on, and expect themselves to win as their contracts progress. It's dysfunctional to have a GM with a long term view and a coach with a short term view. I want them to have the same view so they're pulling in the same direction.

The GM will have the final say on who we sign and who we draft. He'll have the coach reporting to him, providing input independently from the scouting department. And the GM will decide when to meet the coach halfway getting players he prefers, to manage the reporting relationship.

What football decisions I'd make are irrelevant. This team's main problem is organizational dysfunction because Bruce and Dan don't understand how to set people up to work well together. They instead set people up to have competing and conflicting agendas. Kind of fundamentally flawed when it comes to playing a TEAM sport.

I thought the point of the post is what we would do if we were GM? Not owner.
Who we would keep? Cut? Draft? Punch in the kidney?
Obviously in the real world YES Snyder has to get a fucking real GM, and Bruce can just stay under his desk and do whatever he wants as long as it has nothing to do with football.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If I’m a decision maker,

-First thing I’m doing is putting Haskins and O’Connell In charge of the offense and seeing if there is chemistry. Haskins plays and O’Connell calls plays and runs the offense

- Eric bieniemy, Matt Eberflus are my top coaching targets. O’Connell could play his way as the 3rd candidate. I’m watching Mike Zimmer job status as well. Zimmer at minimum is the highest rated D Coordinator I want on staff..and possible HC candidate.

- I’m targeting Alex Smith and Haskins as the plan at QB going forward into next year. I’m trading all veterans if possible and cutting the rest in the offseason. Alex Smith could be the starter in an Eric beinemy offense...better scheme fit.

- the team focus on offense will be the rebuild, rescheming of the running game. While we try to find the future at QB, when can strengthen the ground game. I’m resetting the TE position offseason, reshaping the Oline for ground game and I’m getting a solid running back in the offseason specifically Kareem Hunt in free agency.

-the team focus on defense will be the strength, the dline. D coordinator can take the talent of Matty I, Allen, Payne, Settle, Sweat with the intent of not a rotation,but a front which gets these all on the field at the same time. With Norman gone, I’m gonna add a Corner in free agency and look to add an athletic LB.

- I’m gonna be more proactive in our young talent in extending guys early...with Monte, Dunbar and Chase Roulier all playing solid...reasonable extensions. I’m resigning Scherff.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 10-12-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #29
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Scherff Scherff Scherff

Drafting O line early and often, secondary is another draft target.

Going after a FA running back because Love n Guice are oft injured if they get healthy great.

Bye bye Kerrigan, Moses, and any other high paid free agent i can unload.

Get a Tight end in Free agency also that loves to block. We no longer need to rely on his hands sooo much because we got a couple good young wr’s

D Line is set.

Sweat is the x factor. He needs to develop into a solid pass rusher or that becomes another area of need.

Kicker/punter/ long snapper- set

HC/ OC / DC - i have no idea but as GM this is obviously priority numero uno.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:25 PM   #30
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Scherff Scherff Scherff

Drafting O line early and often, secondary is another draft target.

Going after a FA running back because Love n Guice are oft injured if they get healthy great.

Bye bye Kerrigan, Moses, and any other high paid free agent i can unload.

Get a Tight end in Free agency also that loves to block. We no longer need to rely on his hands sooo much because we got a couple good young wr’s

D Line is set.

Sweat is the x factor. He needs to develop into a solid pass rusher or that becomes another area of need.

Kicker/punter/ long snapper- set

HC/ OC / DC - i have no idea but as GM this is obviously priority numero uno.
Add a fullback and I'm on board.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk