Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Everyone is judged every day of their lives for every action (or inaction) they take. That’s life, like it or not.

He was present around people doing illegal drugs late at night during the football season. I’ve heard all I need to know. It’s unacceptable, regardless of details.
Idk Schneed, if we start railing against any Redskins for hanging out in places where people are doing serious drugs (aka a club) our roster might end up pretty thin at the important spots. I think most NFL players aren't cautious about when to partake because they have a good general idea of when they're going to be tested.

It really wouldn't surprise me to find out they were all doing molly/e/whatever. And the NFL hands out scripts like candy, maybe she OD'd off Montae's supply.

Did anyone hold Montae in good character before this? I'd dump him because he's not that good of a player and now he's making repeatedly poor life choices.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2019, 09:24 PM   #32
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Idk Schneed, if we start railing against any Redskins for hanging out in places where people are doing serious drugs (aka a club) our roster might end up pretty thin at the important spots. I think most NFL players aren't cautious about when to partake because they have a good general idea of when they're going to be tested.

It really wouldn't surprise me to find out they were all doing molly/e/whatever. And the NFL hands out scripts like candy, maybe she OD'd off Montae's supply.

Did anyone hold Montae in good character before this? I'd dump him because he's not that good of a player and now he's making repeatedly poor life choices.
It was at Montae's house.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-this-weekend/
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #33
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
A club, his house, it's naive to think athletes and hard drugs don't hang out in the same circles. Even so unless Montae was doing them with her it seems the media jumped the gun on this one.

Reading into that story a bit seems like she had a drug problem. She's not the first and she won't be the last. RIP. Still, it seems like Montae didn't do much of anything wrong, the story even says he waited at the hospital for 1/2 hr. The article even says the SO is the one saying he dropped her off and left.

I still would cut him but that's because I think he's a JAG at safety.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:31 AM   #34
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

On my part it's neither moral judgement (I really don't care if it's good or evil), neither thinking that he'd be the only one to do that kind of things.

It's just thinking that it's piss poor business decision(s) on his(/their) part. I mean how hard can it be to hold back from hardcore partying for 5/6 months a year when you're paid millions of dollars to be available to play football ?
Old 11-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
On my part it's neither moral judgement (I really don't care if it's good or evil), neither thinking that he'd be the only one to do that kind of things.

It's just thinking that it's piss poor business decision(s) on his(/their) part. I mean how hard can it be to hold back from hardcore partying for 5/6 months a year when you're paid millions of dollars to be available to play football ?
I think it's important to make the distinction here for a couple reasons. This conversation about athletes and partying is one thing, but the conversation about Montae needs to be separate. The article says he was playing video games and his girl went to the bathroom which is where they heard her fall to the floor. So he wasn't doing anything wrong. Then I'm sure the shock of her OD'ing probably overwhelmed him so he wasn't sure what to do next.

If he just dumped her at the hospital and bailed that would really look bad but even that is being called into question by the WaPo article. It says he waited for 1/2 hr and then left once her brother got there.

If you wanna talk about why athletes feel the need to go out partying before they have a game that's gonna be a long discussion, I'm pretty sure that's a leaguewide problem. Guys have been doing that for decades now.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #36
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I can’t read the article...but was this his girlfriend? And what drug did she od?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #37
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I can’t read the article...but was this his girlfriend? And what drug did she od?
It was his girl of 6 months apparently. Article says he was playing video games, she went to use the bathroom, he heard a thump some time later. He investigates, her body is blocking the door.

He called her brother, brother said why are you calling me you need to call 911 or take her to the hospital. Montae's townhouse is a short drive to the hospital, so he took her there. He hung around for at least 1/2 hr and met her brother, but they left before the cops arrived. Her dad searched her room and found a black substance in tinfoil, possibly heroin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaPo
Washington Redskins safety Montae Nicholson placed a frantic call to the family of Julia Crabbe at 1:07 a.m. Thursday and told Crabbe’s brother something had gone wrong with the 21-year-old he had been dating. The family said Nicholson told them the young woman was overdosing.

“My son said: ‘Why are you calling me? You need to call 911 or take her to the hospital,’ ” said Herman “Butch” Crabbe III, Julia’s father.

Herman Crabbe said his daughter had been dating Nicholson for about six months. On Wednesday evening, Julia Crabbe had been out with her brother before she dropped her sibling off at her father’s house, Herman Crabbe said. Julia Crabbe drove off in Nicholson’s car, possibly heading toward Nicholson’s home.

Mark Dycio, an attorney for Nicholson, said his client would not be commenting but said Crabbe and Nicholson had gone out to dinner Wednesday night with some friends before going back to Nicholson’s home in an Ashburn townhouse community near the Redskins’ training facility. Nicholson later told Julia Crabbe’s brother that he and some people were playing video games on the lower level of his house when Julia Crabbe went upstairs to use a bathroom, Herman Crabbe said. At some point, Nicholson heard a thump, according to the account provided to Julia Crabbe’s brother.

Nicholson went upstairs and found Crabbe on the floor of the bathroom, according to the account provided to Julia Crabbe’s brother. The door had to be forced open because her body was blocking it.

At some point, Nicholson placed the call to Julia Crabbe’s brother.

Dycio said Nicholson and another man, who has not been identified, transported Julia Crabbe to the hospital after they found her around 1:30 a.m. Dycio said they thought it would be quicker than waiting for an ambulance because Inova Emergency Room-Ashburn Healthplex is close to Nicholson’s home. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office said Friday the men did not place a 911 call about Julia Crabbe, who arrived at the facility “unconscious and unresponsive.” She was soon pronounced dead.

Herman Crabbe said Nicholson and the other man waited at the hospital for about 30 minutes, meeting his son but leaving when police arrived. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office said the men left the area immediately after dropping off Julia Crabbe. Dycio, like Herman Crabbe, said his client waited on the scene for Julia Crabbe’s family to arrive.

Herman Crabbe said it also remains unclear what drug his daughter may have overdosed on and how she obtained the drug.

Crabbe said Narcan was administered to his daughter at the hospital, indicating she may have taken a narcotic. Crabbe said he searched his daughter’s room after her death and found a black substance in tinfoil, something he thought was heroin. Crabbe said the question of whether his daughter could have been saved if she had gotten help sooner gnaws at him.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Then it’s official, monte is moron. Cut him now.

I don’t want a guy who dates a heroin addict. You can’t be this stupid.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 11-17-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #39
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I think it's important to make the distinction here for a couple reasons. This conversation about athletes and partying is one thing, but the conversation about Montae needs to be separate. The article says he was playing video games and his girl went to the bathroom which is where they heard her fall to the floor. So he wasn't doing anything wrong. Then I'm sure the shock of her OD'ing probably overwhelmed him so he wasn't sure what to do next.

If he just dumped her at the hospital and bailed that would really look bad but even that is being called into question by the WaPo article. It says he waited for 1/2 hr and then left once her brother got there.

If you wanna talk about why athletes feel the need to go out partying before they have a game that's gonna be a long discussion, I'm pretty sure that's a leaguewide problem. Guys have been doing that for decades now.
OK my bad I hadn't read the details of the story.
Jumped to conclusions too fast.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #40
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Are some of you forgetting the road rage incident where Montae and his girlfriend were arrested about a year ago? He beat the hell out of a guy in the middle of a street and kept hitting a guy who was not fighting back.

I know a lot of you will claim charges were dropped, in that case which is true.
Problem is as anyone with a lick of common sense realizes the reason why charges against NFL players are often dropped is the fact they buy their way out of trouble. Something the average Joe doesn't have the deep pockets to do.

I think Montae Nicholson does more than just make poor choices.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #41
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

And he is active for today’s game. Bruce Allen is a douchebag!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #42
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Are some of you forgetting the road rage incident where Montae and his girlfriend were arrested about a year ago? He beat the hell out of a guy in the middle of a street and kept hitting a guy who was not fighting back.

I know a lot of you will claim charges were dropped, in that case which is true.
Problem is as anyone with a lick of common sense realizes the reason why charges against NFL players are often dropped is the fact they buy their way out of trouble. Something the average Joe doesn't have the deep pockets to do.

I think Montae Nicholson does more than just make poor choices.
That is exactly right. Montae is not an innocent video game player that that is a victim of circumstances like some think. He is an adult and he makes the chioces of who he hangs out with and what he allows to happen in his house. Most telling is he ran like a scared bitch from the hospital as soon as police arrived. Innocent or not if this happened in my house, i would not have run like he did. That is not what an innocent poor video game player does when his girlfriend dies at his house. Weak.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #43
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
And he is active for today’s game. Bruce Allen is a douchebag!!
I was very stunned to see him out there today. Even though he hasn't been charged or anything like that, you'd think most teams would have him at least not be active until the entire investigation is over, and any guilt or innocence can be proven.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:04 PM   #44
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I was very stunned to see him out there today. Even though he hasn't been charged or anything like that, you'd think most teams would have him at least not be active until the entire investigation is over, and any guilt or innocence can be proven.
Investigation into what? What did he do exactly?

I'm all for replacing Montae Nicholson as a player, but the only thing he's guilty of is making poor life choices. That isn't a crime though.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:13 PM   #45
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Investigation into what? What did he do exactly?

I'm all for replacing Montae Nicholson as a player, but the only thing he's guilty of is making poor life choices. That isn't a crime though.
Until the woman's death is case closed, last we heard Montae was cooperating with authorities. So i'm figuring as long as he is a person that the police are talking to regarding someone else's death, he should probably not be playing until he is ruled out from any wrongdoing. I realize that he probably didn't inject her or purposely kill her, etc. But what if he was who supplied the drugs?

And yes, making poor life choices i feel is a crime in the NFL. Moral Responsibility, and the Moral clause that some clubs enforce / stand behind. Ask yourself right now if Montae would have played today if he was on the Patriots' roster and Belichick found out about this incident. Better question, ask yourself if the Patriots would even sign a guy like Montae with his known issues. If your answer to either question is "No", then i feel I've proved my point.