Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #136
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

The Eagles are no pushover. I’ve gone to some of these last game of the season battles and neither team mails in the game.

The Eagles have a lot of injuries, including COX who always seems to have our number. Good he’s not playing. However a guy-with-a-grudge is DESEAN JACKSON, who has stomped our ass on more than a few games, when he isn’t injured. He’s BACK from IR and ready to get a long TD or two against us, mostly for revenge because Snyder and Bruce Allen dumped him after a 1000 yard season here. Don’t get me going on that one. He’s got to be watched because he’s still got some juice.

The new QB Hurt is playing for his career now. If he wins this game he goes into the off-season perhaps in the lead over Carson Wentz. He can run and throw, but if pressured he will make mistakes. That’s the game - keeping Hurt contained.

A Big DEAL is whether McLaurin can play. He’s the only player the DC worry about. There’s a huge drop off if he can’t play. However, as with Alex Smith they’re not going to get them hurt, if they’re not pretty much 100%.

Turner needs to stay with the run. He panicked last week when the team got behind and that caused Haskins to make it worse with his bad decisions.
However, I liked that Turner opened up with an occasional long ball to keep the defense honest. It’s too bad Cam Sims wasn’t able to haul that one in.

Alex Smith will start - can he finish the game??

This game is a win-win. If we win we go to the playoffs. If we lose we get a better draft pick and perhaps more direction toward where the team needs to go in the draft and FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2021, 07:44 PM   #137
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The Eagles are no pushover. I’ve gone to some of these last game of the season battles and neither team mails in the game.

The Eagles have a lot of injuries, including COX who always seems to have our number. Good he’s not playing. However a guy-with-a-grudge is DESEAN JACKSON, who has stomped our ass on more than a few games, when he isn’t injured. He’s BACK from IR and ready to get a long TD or two against us, mostly for revenge because Snyder and Bruce Allen dumped him after a 1000 yard season here. Don’t get me going on that one. He’s got to be watched because he’s still got some juice.

The new QB Hurt is playing for his career now. If he wins this game he goes into the off-season perhaps in the lead over Carson Wentz. He can run and throw, but if pressured he will make mistakes. That’s the game - keeping Hurt contained.

A Big DEAL is whether McLaurin can play. He’s the only player the DC worry about. There’s a huge drop off if he can’t play. However, as with Alex Smith they’re not going to get them hurt, if they’re not pretty much 100%.

Turner needs to stay with the run. He panicked last week when the team got behind and that caused Haskins to make it worse with his bad decisions.
However, I liked that Turner opened up with an occasional long ball to keep the defense honest. It’s too bad Cam Sims wasn’t able to haul that one in.

Alex Smith will start - can he finish the game??

This game is a win-win. If we win we go to the playoffs. If we lose we get a better draft pick and perhaps more direction toward where the team needs to go in the draft and FA.

Pretty sure DJAX is out.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:08 PM   #138
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Pretty sure DJAX is out.
Jackson is out.

Here's another tweet from earlier today involving the Eagles.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jeff_McLa...75201417195520
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:35 PM   #139
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Jackson is out.

Here's another tweet from earlier today involving the Eagles.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jeff_McLa...75201417195520
Why would they want to win? A team depleted with offensive talent and defensive for that matter needs a top 5 pick, if they lose they are a lock for that.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:02 AM   #140
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Pretty sure DJAX is out.

Yeah, I just saw that. Good. He’s a revenge sort of player, as he showed when we had him and we played the Eagles!

Flyboy.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:08 AM   #141
Warthog
The Starter

Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Why would they want to win? A team depleted with offensive talent and defensive for that matter needs a top 5 pick, if they lose they are a lock for that.

Players don’t tank. They’re playing for a spot next year. The team may start pulling back if we’re winning by a couple TD’s but we’re not good enough to get that high. Hurt, in particular, is vying as a possible consideration as the starter next year. He’s certainly have to compete against Wentz next TC, but if he’s good enough the Eagles may not draft a Qb with their first draft pick.

Even with all the hurt Eagles this won’t be easy. We’re not good enough for that, especially if McLaurin isn’t playing (??).

Flyboy.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:45 AM   #142
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Players don’t tank. They’re playing for a spot next year. The team may start pulling back if we’re winning by a couple TD’s but we’re not good enough to get that high. Hurt, in particular, is vying as a possible consideration as the starter next year. He’s certainly have to compete against Wentz next TC, but if he’s good enough the Eagles may not draft a Qb with their first draft pick.

Even with all the hurt Eagles this won’t be easy. We’re not good enough for that, especially if McLaurin isn’t playing (??).

I agree with your first part - players don't tank. Players know that their next coach/employer looks at film from these type of games to see who has internal motivation.

I disagree about us not being good enough, it has gone under the radar because of the Haskins effect, but our offense has found some serious rhythm the last few games.( i am ignoring the first 20 minutes because I don't have a clue why they can't start at speed).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:24 AM   #143
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

ESPN: Gibson, Smith, McLaurin ALL active.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #144
jamf
Pro Bowl

How is this team going to break my heart today?

jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:44 AM   #145
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
How is this team going to break my heart today?

If we lose it’s on you putting this bad juju out there!!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #146
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
If we lose it’s on you putting this bad juju out there!!
Some people are wired to be pessimistic. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case for jamf, but I think you catch my drift. The heck with bad juju. We're gonna handle our business by kicking ass and taking names.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #147
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
ESPN: Gibson, Smith, McLaurin ALL active.
Big time news. Rolling these three as oppose to Trashkins, Sims Jr/AGG and Barber is a relief

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #148
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Some people are wired to be pessimistic. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case for jamf, but I think you catch my drift. The heck with bad juju. We're gonna handle our business by kicking ass and taking names.
Our team has dropped stinkers many times including just last week. I think having a thought like jamf expressed isn't pessimistic as much as trained behavior. And even as I type this and watch Washington Football Kickoff Preview (team produced tv show) I see this on the tv. Is spelling versus right too much to ask for a professional team?

Old 01-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #149
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Our team has dropped stinkers many times including just last week. I think having a thought like jamf expressed isn't pessimistic as much as trained behavior. And even as I type this and watch Washington Football Kickoff Preview (team produced tv show) I see this on the tv. Is spelling versus right too much to ask for a professional team?

So, you don't think Haskins playing had any effect on our game last week? I feel pretty darn confident by saying if Smith wasn't injured or had we played Heinicke earlier then we would've won. Haskins is or was that bad!

Frankly, we have fared well when we've been in similar position (ie, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2015). The only time we've crapped the bed was in 2016. Past history suggest we're good to go.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #150
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
So, you don't think Haskins playing had any effect on our game last week? I feel pretty darn confident by saying if Smith wasn't injured or had we played Heinicke earlier then we would've won. Haskins is or was that bad!

Frankly, we have fared well when we've been in similar position (ie, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2015). The only time we've crapped the bed was in 2016. Past history suggest we're good to go.
Sure playing Haskins had an effect. But the WFT has had enough flubs to hope they don't ruin our day/evening.

That said, cutting Haskins and having all three offensive players available take away ANY excuse for the WFT not win the game.