Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Top Stories Going Into Camp

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-25-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Top Stories Going Into Camp

What are you looking forward too, the big stories, who you watching, what camp battles, etc.

1. Keenum Vs Haskins - Its all about the QB...should be intense. I hope folks are right when they say once we see preseason games it Haskins will shine over Keenum. Will be the classic experience vs raw talent battle.

2. Oline instability - Whats new right? Silverback issues, no extension for Schreff, LG starter? and Ereck "the trainwreck" Flowers. Im hoping we at least get the Schreff extension done soon.

3. Im for sitting our Often Injured players - Jordan Reed, Chris Thompson, Morgan Moses, Quinton Dunbar, and Paul Richardson. At least dial down the playtime...P Rich probably needs to develop a rapport with the QB...

4. Who emerges at WR from our young talent? We have a ton of rookies, 2 year guys, etc coming back...who can emerge as legit ballers.

5. Defense....dude, there is simply no excuses for the coaching staff. We have legitimate talent at every unit on the defense. I don't think we are a top 5, but I do think we could be 5-10 best in league.

What you got???? Im ready to get this season going...

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 06-25-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Top Stories Going Into Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What are you looking forward too, the big stories, who you watching, what camp battles, etc.

1. Keenum Vs Haskins - Its all about the QB...should be intense. I hope folks are right when they say once we see preseason games it Haskins will shine over Keenum. Will be the classic experience vs raw talent battle.

2. Oline instability - Whats new right? Silverback issues, no extension for Schreff, LG starter? and Ereck "the trainwreck" Flowers. Im hoping we at least get the Schreff extension done soon.

3. Im for sitting our Often Injured players - Jordan Reed, Chris Thompson, Morgan Moses, Quinton Dunbar, and Paul Richardson. At least dial down the playtime...P Rich probably needs to develop a rapport with the QB...

4. Who emerges at WR from our young talent? We have a ton of rookies, 2 year guys, etc coming back...who can emerge as legit ballers.

5. Defense....dude, there is simply no excuses for the coaching staff. We have legitimate at every unit on the defense. I don't think we are a top 5, but I do think we could be 5-10 best in league.

Joey T says to go with Keenum day 1, I kinda agree with him if and only IF , Flowers is really starting at LT week 1.. Or of course if Haskins shows he just isn't ready yet.

WR is still the biggest weakness on paper right now. Trey Quinn could really be WR1.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
Schneed10
A Dude

I'm honestly looking at it like Colt vs Keenum, and advantage Colt. Haskins will end up needing time.

Jay put his dick on the table with Cousins over RGIII. "It's Kirk's team." I think going into this make or break year he'll recognize he needs to do what he believes gives him the best chance in 2019 to win enough games to save his job. I think Colt shows out in camp and puts Jay in position where he has no choice but to go with him. I'm looking forward to it, I find myself rooting for Colt.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm honestly looking at it like Colt vs Keenum, and advantage Colt. Haskins will end up needing time.

Jay put his dick on the table with Cousins over RGIII. "It's Kirk's team." I think going into this make or break year he'll recognize he needs to do what he believes gives him the best chance in 2019 to win enough games to save his job. I think Colt shows out in camp and puts Jay in position where he has no choice but to go with him. I'm looking forward to it, I find myself rooting for Colt.
I tend to agree with you, I think Colt starts day 1 barring injury...but I think all 3 QBs will see the field this season. Of course this could all be a moot point if Dan puts his thumb on Jay and makes him start Haskins out the gate.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

I'd rather have Case, he's more durable than Colt. Haskins will start early in the year IMO
Old 06-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
mredskins
MVP

some good skins videos if you are looking to get hyped about the season

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwk...6RX0sk1WRCP6mA

Love this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izjN85TkRes

Last edited by mredskins; 06-25-2019 at 01:13 PM.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

This may be an unpopular opinion but it's mine. For me it comes down to knowing where you're at as an organization. These camp battles should be about getting as many young guys on the field as possible. That means so long AP. Guice is my starter, Perine, CT and #34 can back him up. Good bye Josh Norman, you're gone anyway next year so might as well try and get a draft pick for ya. I want to see more of the kid from JMU. Keenum and Colt can split the 2nd team reps. #7 gets all the 1st team reps so he can make improvement so he can get ready for week one. Mason Foster thanks for the below average memories but Dion Hamilton, Harvey Clemons and Holcolmn are getting as many reps as possible. Doc we already know what you are. Insert the rookies, 2nd year Sims w/ Gruden's new pet in the slot.

I'm tired of having a team that has a max of 9 wins. What's the point? Bruce says we're close. To what? A Wild Card and go home? I'd rather get these young guys out there and win 4 or 5 game and have draft pick capital for next year. Why keep trying to win 8 or 9 games every year? We're a tread water type of organization. Keep your head above water, just do enough to keep your jobs.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

Love this one:

The haskins one is sick
Old 06-25-2019, 01:20 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This may be an unpopular opinion but it's mine. For me it comes down to knowing where you're at as an organization. These camp battles should be about getting as many young guys on the field as possible. That means so long AP. Guice is my starter, Perine, CT and #34 can back him up. Good bye Josh Norman, you're gone anyway next year so might as well try and get a draft pick for ya. I want to see more of the kid from JMU. Keenum and Colt can split the 2nd team reps. #7 gets all the 1st team reps so he can make improvement so he can get ready for week one. Mason Foster thanks for the below average memories but Dion Hamilton, Harvey Clemons and Holcolmn are getting as many reps as possible. Doc we already know what you are. Insert the rookies, 2nd year Sims w/ Gruden's new pet in the slot.

I'm tired of having a team that has a max of 9 wins. What's the point? Bruce says we're close. To what? A Wild Card and go home? I'd rather get these young guys out there and win 4 or 5 game and have draft pick capital for next year. Why keep trying to win 8 or 9 games every year? We're a tread water type of organization. Keep your head above water, just do enough to keep your jobs.
The NFL is a year to year league anymore (other than NE).

If we can play as a top 10 defense all year, this team could make a playoff run. I would agree if our defense was trash but there is really good talent there.

Haskins/Case or whoever just needs to protect the ball and we will have a chance. This team was 6-2 with Smith throwing for 170 yards a game and still won game with Josh Johnson at QB.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:07 PM   #10
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

Love this one:

Wow the Haskins Lion King video. Gotta put Trent and Scherff in the featured player part but still, what a video. Great production.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not skins related but:

Bengals announced that rookie OT Jonah Williams had left shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum. Williams likely will miss the 2019 season, but is expected to make a full recovery.

That blows. Bengals could be really bad
Old 06-25-2019, 03:38 PM   #12
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

5. Defense....dude, there is simply no excuses for the coaching staff. We have legitimate talent at every unit on the defense. I don't think we are a top 5, but I do think we could be 5-10 best in league.

I'm looking for same things except for the injury part - it seems like everyone will be healthy by the time the season begins.

WR - I'm really curious to see how this works out. It will be disaster season for Redskins and #1 QB if Quinn is only reliable receiver this season.

Defense - I have high hopes for this unit although the fact that Manusky is defense coordinator keep my hopes down to normal level. I have to give Manusky some credits for good defense in first half of season last year but everything fell apart by second half of the season. Manusky have no excuses this time (unless majority of defense starters are injured).
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I'm looking for same things except for the injury part - it seems like everyone will be healthy by the time the season begins.

WR - I'm really curious to see how this works out. It will be disaster season for Redskins and #1 QB if Quinn is only reliable receiver this season.

Defense - I have high hopes for this unit although the fact that Manusky is defense coordinator keep my hopes down to normal level. I have to give Manusky some credits for good defense in first half of season last year but everything fell apart by second half of the season. Manusky have no excuses this time (unless majority of defense starters are injured).
Calling it now, Trey Quinn will have 80 catches if he stays healthy
Old 06-25-2019, 03:49 PM   #14
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Good list IMO.

I'm specifically eager to know how the CB battle will pan out. I personally am a fan of Norman, I think both his toughness and smartness are underrated. Stroman showed some nice flashes last year. If Moreau feels like having a break out year, now is the time. Everybody seems to love what they're seeing from Jimmy Moreland so far, and Quinton Dunbar will always have a special place in my Skins fan's heart. So this is looking like a nice young group with a solid veteran, I like it.

And GOOOD do I want to see Wes Martin win that effin LG starting job !!!!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:09 PM   #15
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

I'm not sure it's an unpopular opinion.
Sheehan was advocating for the blow it up strategy earlier this offseason.

But for me the thing is:

A) I don't think it's realistic, especially not with this franchise, and not this year, people's jobs are on the line, they're going to do whatever gives them the best chance to win now

B) I'm not sure it really works that way, I'd say teams that build sustained success try to win year in and year out, and do a good job of drafting with their late round picks rather than hoping for the one high draft pick that's going to turn their roster around

C) I feel like it'd be extremely hard to build a winning culture in a locker room if the players had the feeling the coaching staff and front office guys were not trying to win with everything they got. I mean these guys are not doing politics, they're going onto the field, putting their bodies on the line, to win. Plus a football season is a long period of time to go through, with the media pressure surrounding you and all... I just don't see a winning culture growing thanks to a losing season supposingly being better for the long term future