Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


NFL Anthem Policy

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2018, 12:07 AM   #76
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,707
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well BLM doesn’t hold their protests during the National Anthem and the same white folks call bullshit on them. I hear what you are saying but I am just saying minds are made up already and racists will never give a crap about a dead black man no matter what the platform. Racism is a disease just like cancer and unfortunately they both find a way to hang around. To paint the kneelers as unpatriotic is just crap that is all im saying really. I wish i had a cure for racism. I wish i had a cure for cancer. I don’t. All I can do is call bullshit bullshit when I see it. Gives me some sense of satisfaction I guess.


I agree that minds made up to be racists won’t be changed, but they’re not the “target audience.” It’s the average person. More specifically, the average white person or person of privilege who has never personally encountered prejudice at the hands of the police. People who are genuinely clueless and who form their opinions based on what they see on tv or read on the internet from sources they think in they can trust - the talking heads in the media. This is in many ways a divided country, but the one thing that should unite us is our love for our country (however flaws it is) and the freedoms it theoretically entitles to all its citizens. But because the players have chosen to protest in a manner that can be twisted to seem unpatriotic, they’ve immediately lost the chance to win over the “undecided” hearts and minds of millions of Americans. Instead of opening sincere but ignorant minds to injustice, they’ve given an opportunity for shitty powerful men to shut that door closed.

You are 100 percent right - it is bullshit. But simply calling it bullshit isn’t going to change anything. I don’t expect loud prejudiced men like Donald trump to change their minds. But other people could. It’s not smart to alienate them. A critical mass must be reached so that there is a change in public opinion. What they’ve tried so far isn’t working. It’s time to try something else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-31-2018, 12:36 AM   #77
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,275
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I agree that minds made up to be racists won’t be changed, but they’re not the “target audience.” It’s the average person. More specifically, the average white person or person of privilege who has never personally encountered prejudice at the hands of the police. People who are genuinely clueless and who form their opinions based on what they see on tv or read on the internet from sources they think in they can trust - the talking heads in the media. This is in many ways a divided country, but the one thing that should unite us is our love for our country (however flaws it is) and the freedoms it theoretically entitles to all its citizens. But because the players have chosen to protest in a manner that can be twisted to seem unpatriotic, they’ve immediately lost the chance to win over the “undecided” hearts and minds of millions of Americans. Instead of opening sincere but ignorant minds to injustice, they’ve given an opportunity for shitty powerful men to shut that door closed.

You are 100 percent right - it is bullshit. But simply calling it bullshit isn’t going to change anything. I don’t expect loud prejudiced men like Donald trump to change their minds. But other people could. It’s not smart to alienate them. A critical mass must be reached so that there is a change in public opinion. What they’ve tried so far isn’t working. It’s time to try something else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:10 AM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,924
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I agree that minds made up to be racists won’t be changed, but they’re not the “target audience.” It’s the average person. More specifically, the average white person or person of privilege who has never personally encountered prejudice at the hands of the police. People who are genuinely clueless and who form their opinions based on what they see on tv or read on the internet from sources they think in they can trust - the talking heads in the media. This is in many ways a divided country, but the one thing that should unite us is our love for our country (however flaws it is) and the freedoms it theoretically entitles to all its citizens. But because the players have chosen to protest in a manner that can be twisted to seem unpatriotic, they’ve immediately lost the chance to win over the “undecided” hearts and minds of millions of Americans. Instead of opening sincere but ignorant minds to injustice, they’ve given an opportunity for shitty powerful men to shut that door closed.

You are 100 percent right - it is bullshit. But simply calling it bullshit isn’t going to change anything. I don’t expect loud prejudiced men like Donald trump to change their minds. But other people could. It’s not smart to alienate them. A critical mass must be reached so that there is a change in public opinion. What they’ve tried so far isn’t working. It’s time to try something else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good post. But Kap mishandled his protest because he remained silent before and after protesting. He didnt explain himself or communicate these issues. He then agitated by doing some really stupid things. He allowed other to take his act and frame it on both sides. Lots of mistakes...in the end the anthem was the wrong way to go. Of course this can be easily seen as disrespecting the flag, the country, etc. Of course this is a work issue with his employer.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:31 AM   #79
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,463
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Why is it that if someone is white, they're also privileged?
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:36 AM   #80
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,924
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Why is it that if someone is white, they're also privileged?
This is just made up garbage excuses from SJW to divide the country. It works in the internet world but not real life.

Don't waste your time thinking about it....its divisive.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:29 AM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,275
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is just made up garbage excuses from SJW to divide the country. It works in the internet world but not real life.



Don't waste your time thinking about it....its divisive.


You are so utterly wrong about who is dividing the country it is mind boggling
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:41 AM   #82
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,275
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Why is it that if someone is white, they're also privileged?


There are exceptions to every rule. However I would say that it is a privilege to walk into a store without people watching you like a hawk because you are black. I would say it is a privilege to not hear doors lock when you walk to close to their cars. I would say it is a privilege to just go about your day without worrying what people think about you because of your skin color. But these are just made up things on the internet by liberals. LMAO.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:22 AM   #83
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,200
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Racism doesn’t exist folks, it’s just the liberal media working it’s voodoo magic on the sheeple
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:48 AM   #84
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,924
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

lol oh so white privilege meaning is racism today. got it.

meanwhile, im here at work and in my community among which is extremely diverse in every since of the word. Everyone working together, living together, hanging together, etc. Most people in the same boat and getting along just fine.

Its wonderful to be in this country where anybody can do anything they want. This is the greatest country in the world. We have come along way and got some ways to go...but meanwhile we dominant.

Its no greater privilege than to wake up everyday here and that goes for everyone.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:49 AM   #85
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,987
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is just made up garbage excuses from SJW to divide the country. It works in the internet world but not real life.

Don't waste your time thinking about it....its divisive.
White people claiming white privilege doesn't exist.
jamf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,924
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
White people claiming white privilege doesn't exist.
right I sit around infuriated that other people who don't look like me are successful. Man, this country....don't they know the rules!!!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #87
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,200
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Chico apparently lives in utopia guys, nothing to see here, move along with your fake news problems, all is well with the world lol
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:59 AM   #88
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,363
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Its wonderful to be in this country where anybody can do anything they want. This is the greatest country in the world. We have come along way and got some ways to go...but meanwhile we dominant.

Its no greater privilege than to wake up everyday here and that goes for everyone.



Chico ,I honestly understand what you're trying to get at and yes we all agree to a person America is a great place.
Yet you say anybody can do anything they want ,and that is not true ...Muslims ,Mexicans,Blacks, Women ....just an example of groups of people in this country facing racism or bigotry.You have a president who is force ably throwing people out and will not let others in...even legally. I will say like you we have a hell of a long way to go , and getting rid of that racist president has got to be a start.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #89
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,275
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
right I sit around infuriated that other people who don't look like me are successful. Man, this country....don't they know the rules!!!


Dont take it personally that racism is a thing man. Nobody is calling you a racist. I don’t believe you are one. I do believe you are mighty naive if you don’t think there are people who sit around infuriated that other people do not look like them. I know several.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:06 PM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,275
Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Chico apparently lives in utopia guys, nothing to see here, move along with your fake news problems, all is well with the world lol


Are there any vacancies? I could use a break. Lol.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.27469 seconds with 10 queries