State of the Redskins - NFL Network Videos

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #61
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: State of the Redskins - NFL Network Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, we lost to the Bengals and the 49ers with Rogers out of the lineup, and couldn't stop the air assault of Ryan Fitzpatick and Shaun Hill, so trust me, we didn't exactly improve by leaps and bounds with Rogers on the second team. In fact, our defense pretty clearly underacheived.

Since you clearly want a simpler, more to the point argument.

6-3 without Hall
2-5 with Hall

7-6 with Rogers starting
1-2 without Rogers starting

I don't believe in inherent winners and losers, obviously. You can have good players on bad teams and bad players on good teams. But, in the years that DHall was going to pro-bowls and getting a ton of INTs (2005 & 2006), the Atlanta Falcons went 8-8 and then 7-9. Then in Oakland, the Raiders went 2-5 with Hall on the team. We went 2-5 with him on the team.

DeAngelo Hall is a great athlete. It's totally justified to say he has little positive effect on the records of the teams he's on.

I wish I could be so jaded as to be able to slurp DeAngelo Hall has powerfully as you, but people here expect me to give honest, correct analysis from all things Redskins. Therefore, no matter how much crap you can throw against the wall here, my response on Hall will not change. If he fails out of a third city, not even the biggest of Hall sympathizers could possibly say he's not a bust. Washington is his very last chance, and consequently, this is a very critical year for his entire career.

Obviously.
We'll agree to disagree and see how they both play and discuss at the end of '09. As confident as you are in Rogers being better than Hall, I am as confident Hall is better than Rogers. In a perfect Redskins world they will be a dynamic CB tandem and make the entire defense better.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #62
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
We'll agree to disagree and see how they both play and discuss at the end of '09. As confident as you are in Rogers being better than Hall, I am as confident Hall is better than Rogers. In a perfect Redskins world they will be a dynamic CB tandem and make the entire defense better.
That's the plan. I hope it works.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #63
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
The problem is that if Rogers has a great year he would either have to be franchised or traded cause we won't be able to afford 2 expensive DB's.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #64
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
My rep is more important than any paycheck. Or at least what anyone would be willing to pay me

I think what I'm saying is being taken as: "I don't like the Hall signing, and you shouldn't either." No, I'm not enraged because fans are happy. My god, what kind of heartless existence would that be?!

Rather, I've done nothing but point out that we had a bad process going into this from a football perspective. I can prove that, and we certainly don't have to wait for results to point at something and say "that's messed up, we probably shouldn't have done that." Whether it works out in the end is kind of irrelevant, because we can't control that.

Nobody's rooting against Hall's success here. Simply looking at the deal from all possible angles.

And of course, anyone who entertains the thought that twice-fired Hall is somehow better than Rogers deserves whatever vitatrol comes out of my computer anyhow. Nothing will draw my ire faster than anyone who wants to try to strong-arm the opposition by appealing to authority on an incorrect issue. Promise
I hear ya. Not a big fan of D. Hall. He's really not know as a pure cover corner. CR's is probably more of a pure cover corner than Hall.

I'm not a big fan of Hall simply b/c he's had "issues" whereever he's been. VA Tech, Atl, and Oakland. Really it's not just that, it's that we overpaid for a malcontent. Yeah, yeah, i know, he's turned over a new leaf. He was a model citizen after all for 2 months when facing his last shot for a new contract or bust.

Hey, i hope he does well. I just wonder what he'll be like at the first sign of adversity.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #65
celts32
Playmaker

I feel like whenever I hear a national show talking about the Redskins they are reading it right out of the media manual on discussing the Redskins. I don't think I ever learn anything new..yet I always watch to hear what they will say.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote