Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,501
Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Lets go WFT !

Please please please please just win.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #2
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,223
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

I hope they do ... I could see this going either way .. I think giants are winning out ... we need to win today ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
MissouriSkin
Special Teams
 
MissouriSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 149
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I hope they do ... I could see this going either way .. I think giants are winning out ... we need to win today ..
There is no way the Giants beat the Ravens today. The Ravens are a better team and need to win to stay in the playoffs. Of course itís possible, but I donít see it.
__________________
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
MissouriSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #4
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,785
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

I hope they use AGG a lot today. Itís official, Haskins is starting today.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #5
PorkSkins
The Starter
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,080
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Is the playoffs having a baby? It's berth.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 15,793
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Is the playoffs having a baby? It's berth.


Learn something new every day. Lol. I honestly cannot remember if i knew it was berth?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:40 PM   #7
PorkSkins
The Starter
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,080
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
There is no way the Giants beat the Ravens today. The Ravens are a better team and need to win to stay in the playoffs. Of course itís possible, but I donít see it.
There's always a chance for any team in the league. But if I was betting, then there's no way I'd bet on the Giants winning today.

The Ravens are also fighting for their playoff lives, and they'll be keenly focused on the task at hand. Frankly, they're the better team and I see them winning today.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 15,793
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I hope they do ... I could see this going either way .. I think giants are winning out ... we need to win today ..


I know the game started but had I seen this post before it did I would have asked you what you are smoking anyway. So what are you smoking?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #9
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,970
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Today might be the biggest test facing a 4 and 10 team can ever be!

Not only for this team, but also for Rivera. If he can have this team focus and rally with Haskins at QB after this week's distraction, it'll be a HUGE testimony of how good of a leader this man is!
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #10
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,541
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

It doesn't look like Alex Smith will be able to go today. So, this is probably a make or break game for Haskins. As of today, it may not be too late for Haskins to claim the starting QB job in 2021. But if he fails to get the win today, he's probably done here.

I can't imagine a situation where the team will be more prepared to give an all-out effort than in today's game. So, I think he'll get plenty of support from his teammates. Haskins needs to produce TODAY - no excuses. Otherwise, he'll be handed a one-way bus ticket out of town in the off-season.

In short, I think Haskins' play will be the deciding factor in this game. I hope he's ready to play his best game as a pro.

This has been on man's opinion.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #11
VTSkins1961
Special Teams
 
VTSkins1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 316
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It doesn't look like Alex Smith will be able to go today. So, this is probably a make or break game for Haskins. As of today, it may not be too late for Haskins to claim the starting QB job in 2021. But if he fails to get the win today, he's probably done here.

I can't imagine a situation where the team will be more prepared to give an all-out effort than in today's game. So, I think he'll get plenty of support from his teammates. Haskins needs to produce TODAY - no excuses. Otherwise, he'll be handed a one-way bus ticket out of town in the off-season.

In short, I think Haskins' play will be the deciding factor in this game. I hope he's ready to play his best game as a pro.

This has been on man's opinion.
Haskins will be traded or released in the off season unless he starts last 2 games and does great.
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27,289
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

WFT Dwayne Haskins will start today vs. Carolina, per source.

Schefter
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

ďThe game plan is what the game plan will beĒ
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #13
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,337
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

No Alex Smith and no McLaurin?

Defense is gonna need an effort like the 49ers game. Not necessarily the TDs, but limiting the points and forcing turnover(s).

Alex apparently suffered the worst calf injury of all times, if he still can't go, even in a game with so much on the line. Curious if the leg injury has affected the blood flow to the leg below the injury, which would increase recovery time.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #14
PorkSkins
The Starter
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,080
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
No Alex Smith and no McLaurin?

Defense is gonna need an effort like the 49ers game. Not necessarily the TDs, but limiting the points and forcing turnover(s).

Alex apparently suffered the worst calf injury of all times, if he still can't go, even in a game with so much on the line. Curious if the leg injury has affected the blood flow to the leg below the injury, which would increase recovery time.

Gibson being back helps as he's a utility guy. If we get the Haskins from the latter part of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter in last week's game, then we'll win going away IMO.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #15
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,785
Re: Panthers Game Day Playoff Birth Thread

Iím curious to see how Haskins responds to this chance Rivera has gifted him. This is it for Haskins, make it or break it.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.29837 seconds with 10 queries