Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Report: New harassment allegations against the Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...n/?arc404=true

WaPo obtained a copy of a "behind the scenes" video from a cheerleaders calendar shoot in the DR.

God damn embarrassing.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Report: New harassment allegations against the Redskins

What else is new
Old 08-26-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Dan is directly named in this piece, though.

I wonder what happens, if anything.

Once again, i think the NFL doesn't do anything about Dan Snyder.

As Dan Steinberg put greatly on twitter earlier: "This is what the NFL gets for not scraping Dan Snyder from the bottom of its shoe".

More and more damning news comes out him and how he runs an NFL team, and the abhorrent things he does. What will happen? Most likely nothing.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:32 PM   #4
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

I am getting my info from 920. I did not read the article.

He was indirectly named in one item and directly named in one item. Larry requested a video to be made and said it was for Dan. We do not know if Larry went rogue or did it on Dan's behalf. Larry denied it.

Dan asked a cheerleader to hang out with a Doctor. The cheerleader has several people confirming the story. None of them witnessed the conversation.

What we know for sure:
Dan horrible business owner. Nothing new.
Larry M. is a pig. Nothing new.
It is a shitty work enviroment. Nothing new.

What I do find interesting is how much more Mrs. Synder is involved compared to years past.

In my opinion: not enough to remove him from power. If there is a corporate take over it will be Mrs Synder removing "The Danny."
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #5
SunnySide
Playmaker

That doesnt sound good for Snyder, Choi (still employed as CFO) or Larry Micheal.

What a shitty unprofessional work environment.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

Sooner or later the league is going to have to launch their own investigation. Just too much smoke coming from this shit hole of a dumpster fire. These are the kind of allegations that can lead to Snyder being removed as owner, no doubt.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:29 PM   #7
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sooner or later the league is going to have to launch their own investigation. Just too much smoke coming from this shit hole of a dumpster fire. These are the kind of allegations that can lead to Snyder being removed as owner, no doubt.
Agreed.
At the very least for PR purposes the NFL needs to launch and investigation, and god knows what it could lead to.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Sooner or later the league is going to have to launch their own investigation. Just too much smoke coming from this shit hole of a dumpster fire.
I swore I heard Czabe talking about how there is a grievance filed against Snyder that is in front of Goodell. I think it was towards Snyder trying to remove the minority owners from the Board of Directors but I cant find any news articles on it. Perhaps Goodell may be able to "expand" the grievance ..

----------------

Smith, Dwight Schar, a real estate developer, and Robert Rothman, an asset manager, collectively own 40 percent of the franchise and have been members of Snyder’s inner circle since they bought into the team in 2003. But they have been looking to divest for many months.

Snyder took umbrage and several months ago removed them from the board. Aggrieved, the three men asked the N.F.L. to resolve the matter, and other issues. The commissioner’s office appointed an arbitrator in late June, according to two people familiar with the matter who were not authorized to speak publicly. The N.F.L. declined to comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/s...ownership.html

Found it ... was starting to think I may have misheard Czabe on the radio
Old 09-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #9
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Unfortunately we aren't so lucky.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Unfortunately we aren't so lucky.
Thing about luck is eventually it changes

Eventually
Old 08-26-2020, 02:52 PM   #11
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Where I don't think it'll be enough to force him to sell the team is that I honestly think you could find the same kind of stories on the majority of owners/franchise, and that other owners would be too scared of what it could mean for them in the near future.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:11 PM   #12
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Where I don't think it'll be enough to force him to sell the team is that I honestly think you could find the same kind of stories on the majority of owners/franchise, and that other owners would be too scared of what it could mean for them in the near future.

I think it is easy to suggest that this is happens with the majority of owners/franchise. But where are the articles and investigations of other teams? Hell, one team, the Steelers doesn’t even have a cheerleader squad!

Snyder has been the worst owner in the NFL for the last 20 years. He’s treated the fans poorly, with some of the highest stadium prices in the NFL. He’s consistently micro-managed and totally mis-managed the football team, through his toadies, Cerrato and Allen - for the third worst record in the NFL for the period. Only because class acts like Rivera insisted that he wouldn’t even interview for HC with Snyder’s lackeys in place, that Bruce Allen was finally let go.

Right from the get-go Snyder has been one of the biggest a-holes as an employer. He fired long-term Redskin employees in 1999 to get “his people” in place. Anyone who makes you sign a non-disclosure statement is covering up something. Snyder has always allowed a terrible work environment, yet is super-quick to sue you in court if you tell anyone about it.

Snyder has non-disclosure statements which his billion dollar war chest can use to sue you if he doesn’t like what you say about the team or atmosphere later. Then he has the balls to criticize a woman, an UNPAID CHEERLEADER, who said Snyder sent her off to “take care” of a buddy of his in a hotel room, for not telling him and the organization about it at the time. Snyder has ALWAYS been hanging around the field, offices, etc with his butt brothers, yet claims he was too hands off!

Did you see numerous complaints that employees were not supposed to look Snyder in the eyes- ever! Tell me that is a normal NFL rule for owners. Or show me other teams that have produced smut tapes on the cheerleaders - who are not even paid! Or asked unpaid cheerleaders to give a good time to Snyder’s buddies on calendar shoots!

I hope these are the final days of the worst disaster of an owner in Redskins history. Terrible football, perverted sexual and abhorrent work environment and yearly ripping off of the fans in one of the most rundown stadiums in the NFL. I mean you can’t even BRING A SIGN TO THE STADIUM because Snyder doesn’t want to know that he’s been a horror-show in every area and that the fans hate him. Yeah, you can say this is normal to the NFL, but it’s because we’ve become used to the low standards of this organizations and Danny the Dictator that you can’t even see how far this team, on and off the field, has fallen.

I hope that the embarrassment to this franchise and the NFL finally frees us of Daniel Snyder. Just because he’s a billionaire doesn’t mean he can use and abuse employees and the fans forever. I hope Goodell brings Danny into his office and LOOKS INTO HIS EYES and says the owners have voted him out of the NFL. That’s when this team, employees and fan get to have a REAL cultural change!

Rant over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:40 AM   #13
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think it is easy to suggest that this is happens with the majority of owners/franchise. But where are the articles and investigations of other teams? Hell, one team, the Steelers doesn’t even have a cheerleader squad!

Snyder has been the worst owner in the NFL for the last 20 years. He’s treated the fans poorly, with some of the highest stadium prices in the NFL. He’s consistently micro-managed and totally mis-managed the football team, through his toadies, Cerrato and Allen - for the third worst record in the NFL for the period. Only because class acts like Rivera insisted that he wouldn’t even interview for HC with Snyder’s lackeys in place, that Bruce Allen was finally let go.

Right from the get-go Snyder has been one of the biggest a-holes as an employer. He fired long-term Redskin employees in 1999 to get “his people” in place. Anyone who makes you sign a non-disclosure statement is covering up something. Snyder has always allowed a terrible work environment, yet is super-quick to sue you in court if you tell anyone about it.

Snyder has non-disclosure statements which his billion dollar war chest can use to sue you if he doesn’t like what you say about the team or atmosphere later. Then he has the balls to criticize a woman, an UNPAID CHEERLEADER, who said Snyder sent her off to “take care” of a buddy of his in a hotel room, for not telling him and the organization about it at the time. Snyder has ALWAYS been hanging around the field, offices, etc with his butt brothers, yet claims he was too hands off!

Did you see numerous complaints that employees were not supposed to look Snyder in the eyes- ever! Tell me that is a normal NFL rule for owners. Or show me other teams that have produced smut tapes on the cheerleaders - who are not even paid! Or asked unpaid cheerleaders to give a good time to Snyder’s buddies on calendar shoots!

I hope these are the final days of the worst disaster of an owner in Redskins history. Terrible football, perverted sexual and abhorrent work environment and yearly ripping off of the fans in one of the most rundown stadiums in the NFL. I mean you can’t even BRING A SIGN TO THE STADIUM because Snyder doesn’t want to know that he’s been a horror-show in every area and that the fans hate him. Yeah, you can say this is normal to the NFL, but it’s because we’ve become used to the low standards of this organizations and Danny the Dictator that you can’t even see how far this team, on and off the field, has fallen.

I hope that the embarrassment to this franchise and the NFL finally frees us of Daniel Snyder. Just because he’s a billionaire doesn’t mean he can use and abuse employees and the fans forever. I hope Goodell brings Danny into his office and LOOKS INTO HIS EYES and says the owners have voted him out of the NFL. That’s when this team, employees and fan get to have a REAL cultural change!

Rant over!

I'm not saying it's normal. I agree he's a horrible owner and even worse human being. I even agree he is probably the worst owner in the NFL.

All I'm saying is I'm not sure it's enough to realistically expect 75% of the other owners to vote him out, because I don't think it's crazy to think others may have done the same kind of things. Maybe not to the same extent, maybe not that often, maybe not that long, maybe not that bad... but the same kind.

And they would be setting a precedent that could come back and bite them. Or a least they could be worrying about that.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 08-28-2020 at 06:27 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:51 AM   #14
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm not saying it's normal. I agree he's a horrible owner and even worse human being. I even agree he is probably the worst owner in the NFL.

All I'm saying is I'm not sure it's enough to realistically expect 75% of the other owners to vote him out, because I don't think it's crazy to think others may have done the same kind of things. Maybe not to the same extent, maybe not that often, maybe not that long, maybe not that bad... but the same kind.

And they would be setting a precedent that could come back and bite them. Or a least they could be worrying about that.

Here’s what the team has done, under Snyder:

1. NO SIGNS at the games. ******post revision- this is evidently not true.******

2. Employees were instructed not to look Daniel Snyder in the eye, ever, like they were a subservient and lower human being.

3. Unpaid cheerleaders were taken on calendar shoots in other countries and MORE THAN ONE SMUT FILMS were made by using a side camera while the woman prepared for supposedly covered up topless photographs. Taken while they undressed. They were not compensated for this. The cheerleaders could not tell anyone about this because of non-disclosure agreements.

4. Unpaid cheerleaders were encouraged to perform sex with visiting “big wigs” or Snyder’s friends, during these exotic calendar shoots. It is alleged that Snyder himself asked a long-standing cheerleader to do this for a friend.

5. Employees have to sign non-disclosure agreements to work for the team. As a classic, over-bearing and vengeful team owner with billions in assets, Snyder has a Uber-aggressive legal team of lawyers that he has used to sue former employees and even fans. This has effectively silenced many who saw the problems in the franchise but were cowed by Snyder’s proclivity to sue at a moments notice.

6. The Redskins have some of the highest ticket and concession prices in the NFL, for being in the group of the worst teams in the NFL. FEDEX stadium has degenerated into one of the most run-down stadiums in the NFL. Highest prices for one of the worst team in the lousiest venue in the NFL.

7. Snyder has micro-managed the team from day one using his lackeys (like Cerrato and Allen) to give him “ plausible deniability”. He’s always around, yet when dozens of allegations of sexual harassment from over 40 different women, and a toxic, oppressive and hostile work environment surface, Snyder claims he know nothing about it!! He’s “hand off”, so he says. In reality he’s out there making many decisions on many levels , with only his idol, Jerry Jones, being more intrusive. These aren’t isolated events but a day-to-day work environment.

You may find others teams with maybe ONE of these issues, but to a MUCH LESSER degree. But NO TEAM have had the body wide cancer as the WFT. I think you will see other teams quietly make adjustments to fix any such problems because of Daniel Snyder’s example of how to destroy a honored, well-respected football franchise with the worst micro-management in the game.

What happens next?

A. NO NEW STADIUM.Daniel Snyder is now a pariah in the NFL. No politician will give him a dime, nor land, nor other concessions to the franchise for a NEW STADIUM while he is still owner.

B. With all these allegations by 42 employees, it is hard to believe that any real investigation would find NOTHING THERE. More allegations will come from other employees who aren’t intimidated by Snyder’s attack dog lawyers. Snyder is hoping for just a little jello to stick to the wall, and then to hide behind Rivera and Wright in a “new culture” and transparencies their operations. But 20 years of misdeeds and blundering isn’t easily erased. There will be more inflammatory newspaper and magazine article about the rot that took over the team in Snyder’s reign of terror.

At the end of this season, Snyder will be forced to quietly sell the team. Then he can crawl back under the rock he came from.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 08-29-2020 at 01:22 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #15
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Here’s what the team has done, under Snyder:

1. NO SIGNS at the games

2. Employees were to not to look Daniel Snyder in the eye, ever, like they are a subservient and lower human being.

3. Unpaid cheerleaders were taken on calendar shoots in other countries and MORE THAN ONE SMUT FILMS were made by using a side camera while the woman prepared for supposedly covered up topless photographs. Taken while they undressed. They were not compensated for this. The cheerleaders could not tell anyone about this because of non-disclosure agreements.

4. Unpaid cheerleaders were encouraged to perform sex with visiting “big wigs” or Snyder’s friends, during these exotic calendar shoots. It is alleged that Snyder himself asked a long-standing cheerleader to do this for a friend.

5. Employees have to sign non-disclosure agreements to work for the team. As a classic, over-bearing and vengeful team owner with billions in assets, Snyder has a Uber-aggressive legal team of lawyers that he has used to sue former employees and even fans. This has effectively silenced many who saw the problems in the franchise but were cowed by Snyder’s proclivity to sue at a moments notice.

6. The Redskins have some of the highest ticket and concession prices in the NFL, for being in the group of the worst teams in the NFL. FEDEX stadium has degenerated into one of the most run-down stadiums in the NFL. Highest prices for one of the worst team in the lousiest venue in the NFL.

7. Snyder has micro-managed the team from day one using his lackeys (like Cerrato and Allen) to give him “ plausible deniability”. He’s always around, yet when dozens of allegations of sexual harassment from over 40 different women, and a toxic, oppressive and hostile work environment surface, Snyder claims he know nothing about it!! He’s “hand off”, so he says. In reality he’s out there making many decisions on many levels , with only his idol, Jerry Jones, being more intrusive. These aren’t isolated events but a day-to-day work environment.

You may find others teams with maybe ONE of these issues, but to a MUCH LESSER degree. But NO TEAM have had the body wide cancer as the WFT. I think you will see other teams quietly make adjustments to fix any such problems because of Daniel Snyder’s example of how to destroy a honored, well-respected football franchise with the worst micro-management in the game.

What happens next?

A. NO NEW STADIUM.Daniel Snyder is now a pariah in the NFL. No politician will give him a dime, nor land, nor other concessions to the franchise for a NEW STADIUM while he is still owner.

B. With all these allegations by 42 employees, it is hard to believe that any real investigation would find NOTHING THERE. More allegations will come from other employees who aren’t intimidated by Snyder’s attack dog lawyers. Snyder is hoping for just a little jello to stick to the wall, and then to hide behind Rivera and Wright in a “new culture” and transparencies their operations. But 20 years of misdeeds and blundering isn’t easily erased. There will be more inflammatory newspaper and magazine article about the rot that took over the team in Snyder’s reign of terror.

At the end of this season, Snyder will be forced to quietly sell the team. Then he can crawl back under the rock he came from.

You know what ? I hope you're right.

Agree with the rest of your post.

(The sign part is not 100% accurate though, you're allowed to have signs at FedEx, I brought one, they just check what it says before letting you in... kinda the same I guess).