Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #61
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Are you serious?

Guice is injury prone. Unless Cooley examined the MRIs he was probably just going by the tape which was dynamic and impressive.

Sweat was the reason pundits were raving about the draft.

I do think Sweat will find his sea legs.

I also think Haskins is a project and shouldn't have been picked at 15.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Louis Riddick said Haskins was the best overall QB in the draft and was a great pick at 15. It all depends on who u ask, the draft is a crapshoot.

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Cooley also said he loved the Guice pick and was going to be a stud... He's a talking head , that's his job, also said the skins wouldn't miss Smith with the draft of Sweat...
Someone should have asked Bruce about Preston Smith yesterday. Why is he a stud and we got peanuts sans for “setting the edge” on the run.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:34 PM   #63
jamf
Pro Bowl

QB is the most important position in sports so it’s worth reaching for a QB if you don’t have one. There was zero young talent at QB last year and they didn’t pass on a better prospect so I don’t get all the drama around the pick. Different rules for QBs!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #64
rocnrik
Playmaker

Haskins will get his chance .. let’s give BC a shot .. I believe that once the teams starts to improve and I believe they will I think Haskins will get some playing time. I actually believe they will win Sunday and this team will be competitive the rest of year.. why you ask .. because Jay gave up a long time ago and the players saw it ..if all of us went insane watching him coach don’t you think the players were frustrated also? I Have no faith in bruce but he ain’t playing I do think we have some good players .. we win Sunday by 2 touchdowns...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #65
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
QB is the most important position in sports so it’s worth reaching for a QB if you don’t have one. There was zero young talent at QB last year and they didn’t pass on a better prospect so I don’t get all the drama around the pick. Different rules for QBs!
All the drama around Haskins arena from the same source:. Dan Snyder.

The idea that Snyder overruled his own draft board and made the pick himself puts a slant on the whole situation.

It's not fair to haskins but that's where the drama is coming from.

Old 10-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #66
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Louis Riddick said Haskins was the best overall QB in the draft and was a great pick at 15. It all depends on who u ask, the draft is a crapshoot.
I agree, it's a total crap shoot.

I completely disagree folks grading the draft in real time.

Being positive and optimistic about a draft class is different than crowning the FO Denny Green style.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #67
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I could swear he thought Drew Lock was the best QB?
Old 10-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #68
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I agree with the post elsewhere that Haskins should be given the starting role when we play the Jets. He'll still face several top defences in those weeks, but it gives him a chance to play when the results are all but immaterial. No pressure to win, per se, just go out and show he can learn week on week. Throwing him in the other week was, imho, Gruden trying to get himself fired and didn't do him any favours. If Callahan can improve the run game enough by then that it eases the pressure on Haskins, all to the good.

I don't necessarily agree that Guice is injury prone. I'd argue he didn; tget/seek the right medical attention in college and after, thus exposing his knee to the injury last year. If he'd got it treated and missed maybe even the whole season he'd likely have been stronger this year. The meniscus thing isn't a sign of being injury prone. Plenty of players have had similar issues and treatments and gone on to have successful careers. He may not have a long career, but if he can give us 4-5 years off good production from here on out, that's an ROI if you ask me. He may well form a nasty 1-2 punch with Love if they both come back fully healthy next year.

Having a good improving young QB and a solid backfield for the next 3-5 years would allow them to concentrate on OL, WR, LB and Db in the draft, particularly OL. As long as DS and BA don;t go daft in FA again...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #69
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Nobody is holding Haskins back. He's simply not ready yet. I think he may become the starter before he is ready but that's the way it goes sometimes in the NFL.

I hope he grows up a little soon. His "like" of an online commentary highly critical of Jay Gruden was unwarranted, unprofessional and egotistical and it made me wonder about his maturity level. He needs to become a team leader when he gets his opportunity to start.

That said, I still like the pick of Haskins very much. He has great tools, presence, work ethic, and desire to win, IMHO. Some day soon he's going to be a very good NFL starter.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #70
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just can't get over Haskins not playing against the Dolphins. Crazy. I literally can not stand watching Case or Colt play QB.
I will only watch that game to see a rare Redskins victory. The rest of the season I will probably watch a little till it gets ugly and then hit the shop and listen on the radio. If they put Haskins in like they did against the Giants I will watch the whole time he is in there. Agreed that watching Case and Colt play is painful, Colt is the worst. He should not be allowed in an NFL game.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #71
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I will only watch that game to see a rare Redskins victory. The rest of the season I will probably watch a little till it gets ugly and then hit the shop and listen on the radio. If they put Haskins in like they did against the Giants I will watch the whole time he is in there. Agreed that watching Case and Colt play is painful, Colt is the worst. He should not be allowed in an NFL game.
I'm not sold this team beats Miami Sunday.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:32 PM   #72
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Lombardi claims to have talked to several redskins coaches and their assessment of Haskins paints him as a total bust. Completely uninterested, not not paying attention, not putting in any work, but acting entitled due to his relationship with Snyder and expecting to be enshrined as the starter based solely on his laurels.

If true, and we have a top pick last year, we need to use it on a QB and trade Haskins for whatever conditional 2040 pick we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:56 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Lombardi claims to have talked to several redskins coaches and their assessment of Haskins paints him as a total bust. Completely uninterested, not not paying attention, not putting in any work, but acting entitled due to his relationship with Snyder and expecting to be enshrined as the starter based solely on his laurels.

If true, and we have a top pick last year, we need to use it on a QB and trade Haskins for whatever conditional 2040 pick we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Get tua and fuck everyone else

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #74
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Haskins is going to be our QB for 10+ years. Maybe some of that shit is true but it could have been due to bad relationships with Jay. Not blaming Jay. Some relationships just aren't good. I'm excited to see Haskins take over at some point this year.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:14 PM   #75
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I agree. Get tua and fuck everyone else
Trevor Lawrence, would need to wait an extra year.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote