Old 01-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #316
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Great article everyone should read this

Silver: Ron Rivera 'ready to roll' into next HC job
This article is a must read...I posted it the other day and there are numerous take aways but my favorite thing:

"This player said, 'You know -- this is how we did it last year. It worked out great for us. I'm not sure why he wants to change things,'" Rivera recalled. "And I frickin' lost my mind. I had this Powerpoint (presentation) all set, (but instead) I walked into this meeting -- I had the newspaper rolled up -- and I got in front of the team.

"I said, 'Let me tell you guys something, just so you f------ guys understand this. If you do things the way we ask, the way you're coached, the way it's planned, and it works, you guys will get all the kudos. If it fails it's on me, cause that's what I'm telling you. But if you go out and do your own damn thing and we f------ lose it is on you, and I will never fall on the sword for you again. That's f------ bulls----. Sit there and say that what we did last year worked? So 2-14 was f----- good enough for you guys? F--- you.' And I threw the paper down and walked out.

"I was very blunt about it. And that's it. If they're not all in, if they're not willing to do it your way, it's time to f----- get rid of those guys. And that's what happened; we systematically got rid of guys that weren't doing it our way."

Players like Antonio Brown, ODB Jr, need not apply

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #317
MTK
\m/

Another good read here

Redskins, Ron Rivera envision 'right fit' as new era begins in D.C.

Sounds like Gibbs was a big factor
Old 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM   #318
SkinzWin
Playmaker

I was listening to the morning show on Sirius XM NFL radio and Bob Papa was talking about the Rivera hire. They were discussing Snyder’s past history of meddling and Bon said he has a friend in the Skins organization he spoke with during the week 16 Giants game and Bob was asking the guy about this topic. Bob said the guy from the Skins organization said you would be surprised how hands odd Snyder has been the last couple of years despite what the media would tell you. He said it basically had been the Bruce Allen show.

Hopefully this guy is right and Dan has been trying to stay away, he was just letting the wrong person lead things. I’m hopeful!!!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:45 AM   #319
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I just don't trust Snyder. Particularly when it comes to Haskins. It didn't sound like RR was all in with him, nor should he be. That's Dan's guy. We shall see how that plays out if RR doesn't end up wanting him..

I think I got a chub when he started talking about the defense.
Yeah the only thing that made me raise my eyebrows in the Kiem article was Ron saying he was too impatient and so was Snyder in regards to a five year rebuild (TBH I don't think anyone wants a five year rebuild). I don't want the Snyder pendulum swing to go back to an impatient Snyder.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #320
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This article is a must read...I posted it the other day and there are numerous take aways but my favorite thing:

"This player said, 'You know -- this is how we did it last year. It worked out great for us. I'm not sure why he wants to change things,'" Rivera recalled. "And I frickin' lost my mind. I had this Powerpoint (presentation) all set, (but instead) I walked into this meeting -- I had the newspaper rolled up -- and I got in front of the team.

"I said, 'Let me tell you guys something, just so you f------ guys understand this. If you do things the way we ask, the way you're coached, the way it's planned, and it works, you guys will get all the kudos. If it fails it's on me, cause that's what I'm telling you. But if you go out and do your own damn thing and we f------ lose it is on you, and I will never fall on the sword for you again. That's f------ bulls----. Sit there and say that what we did last year worked? So 2-14 was f----- good enough for you guys? F--- you.' And I threw the paper down and walked out.

"I was very blunt about it. And that's it. If they're not all in, if they're not willing to do it your way, it's time to f----- get rid of those guys. And that's what happened; we systematically got rid of guys that weren't doing it our way."

Players like Antonio Brown, ODB Jr, need not apply
Love this, exactly what this organization has needed for so long.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:17 AM   #321
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

From the bits and pieces I have seen of his news conference Ron Rivera isn't going to be honoring any of the Club Jay membership cards. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out. It will definitely have a good long term benefit, but there maybe more of an intial roster purge than expected.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #322
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Welp, Im officially motivated and will be returning to a Redskins game the coming season.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #323
OldSkinsGuy
Camp Scrub

I have followed Ron Rivera since his collegiate days at Cal. Heck, I even attended a Cal pre-game pep rally where he gave a pep talk! I love his grittiness & toughness and, IMO, he fits the old Redskin culture. I think he will be a great hire. This is the first time I've been excited to be a Redskin fan in quite some time. Bring on 2020!
OldSkinsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #324
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkinsGuy View Post
I have followed Ron Rivera since his collegiate days at Cal. Heck, I even attended a Cal pre-game pep rally where he gave a pep talk! I love his grittiness & toughness and, IMO, he fits the old Redskin culture. I think he will be a great hire. This is the first time I've been excited to be a Redskin fan in quite some time. Bring on 2020!
He was a stud at Cal, same goes for Del Rio at USC.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:30 AM   #325
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
From the bits and pieces I have seen of his news conference Ron Rivera isn't going to be honoring any of the Club Jay membership cards. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out. It will definitely have a good long term benefit, but there maybe more of an intial roster purge than expected.
In the keim article on espn he said that he believes he can win with the current roster. I'm sure there will be some cuts and changing (obviously), but it also sounds like he feels he can do well with the squad hes inheriting.
I'll be honest...the more I read from Rivera, the more I'm getting that kool aid taste in my mouth.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #326
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
In the keim article on espn he said that he believes he can win with the current roster. I'm sure there will be some cuts and changing (obviously), but it also sounds like he feels he can do well with the squad hes inheriting.
I'll be honest...the more I read from Rivera, the more I'm getting that kool aid taste in my mouth.
Our roster is stacked with young talent on both sides, Gruden and Manusky couldn’t tap the talent or coach these guys.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #327
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Our roster is stacked with young talent on both sides, Gruden and Manusky couldn’t tap the talent or coach these guys.
I agree. I dont think we've seen the roster play a complete 60 minutes of football in the last 2 years. We were consistently Ill prepared, and rarely had the juice going into a game.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:07 PM   #328
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
because they are not motivators
Old 01-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #329
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
I took it a a joke, but i have to admit, it was awkward. I thought i had an issue with public speaking. Now i understand why he doesn't speak to the media.

He’s like watching King George VI in the beginning of the movie “Kings Speech”!

Snyder did it though on live tv, in front of a hostile audience (media), while clearly lacking the skills to speak in a relaxed, inspiring and deliberate manner. IT SHOWS HOW MUCH HE WANTS RIVERA AND TO BUILD A WINNING CULTURE AND TEAM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:56 PM   #330
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Yes call me floored we have now Rivera and Del Rio. Gotta hand it to DS. I read an article stating that Gibbs helped out a lot in this. Also, DS got emotional talking about his love for the Redskins with Rivera. That is awesome! Sometimes, all these changes since Monday feel like a dream. But it's real lol.

HTTR!
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote