1st Presidential Debate Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #61
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: 1st Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. Few bad apples involved with protests just like a few bad apples involved in the police force. Difference SD is that Trumps rhetoric is too blame. It started in Charlotte with fine people on both sides and has continued right up until last night with telling the actual terrorists like the whatever boys to stand pat. Biden on the other hand has never once condoned riots or violence of any kind. Not once.
Punch, if memory serves, the riots in Minneapolis started before Trump really even said anything about Floyd. Again, there is a difference between criticizing him as part of the problem and absolving everyone else, including the actual person starting a fire, etc., and blaming it all on Trump.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2020, 12:29 PM   #62
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I don't know who the proud boys are, and I'm glad for that, but that is the worst name ever for a group. WTF?
That doesnt pass the smell test. Sorry.

For that to be true, you would have to completely not follow news and politics.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:32 PM   #63
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Arrow Re: 1st Presidential Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
That doesnt pass the smell test. Sorry.

For that to be true, you would have to completely not follow news and politics.
Smell away my man. Why would I lie about that? Maybe I've heard the name before and didn't commit it to memory.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 09-30-2020 at 01:21 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Last night was a shitshow.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #65
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Last night was a shitshow.
.............................that you think trump won .
Old 09-30-2020, 02:06 PM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.............................that you think trump won .
I do. Sure his demeanor was bad and what he says gets amplified, but Joe was horrible. Joe has lied terrible about his positions..

first he says ban fracking in primary...now he says he doesn’t. Just watch the clip online when he says he will ban fracking

He claims green new deal he doesn’t support...on his website right now he claims support and views it as important to policy. Harris was a sponser of the senate bill.

Claims antifa doesn’t exist last night....

refuses to say he will not pack the court.

Repeats lies about green energy claims and job creation. Folks google the Obama policy on 5 million green jobs (hint it was an overwhelming failure).

Claims Obamacare is successful....wrong period. Obamacare failed immensely...has not done what it was created for.

Claims police group support...can’t name one (they don’t)

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:29 PM   #67
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I thought Biden was pretty clear about the jobs created by renewable energy. As clear as he could be with a guy having a temper tantrum next to him.
No you are right he did do a good job explaining that renewable energy is a job creator but he missed an opportunity when addressing nonrenewables. To me a debate should be about expanding the vote. He stated under his administration no new coal or oil fired power plants will be created, which is fine but he should have continued that nonrenewables are too valuable to waste on single use production such as energy. We have other resources we can use for electrical and transportation for that matter and we need those resources for more long term production such as manufacturing. Coal can be used in photovoltaic cells, petroleum has obvious uses outside of energy.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #68
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I do. Sure his demeanor was bad and what he says gets amplified, but Joe was horrible. Joe has lied terrible about his positions..

first he says ban fracking in primary...now he says he doesn’t. Just watch the clip online when he says he will ban fracking

He claims green new deal he doesn’t support...on his website right now he claims support and views it as important to policy. Harris was a sponser of the senate bill.

1)Claims antifa doesn’t exist last night....
Can you prove it does?

2)refuses to say he will not pack the court.

Let's wait and see about this pick

3)Repeats lies about green energy claims and job creation. Folks google the Obama policy on 5 million green jobs (hint it was an overwhelming failure).

LOL, he did a decent job on this , you just won't admit it.

4)Claims Obamacare is successful....wrong period. Obamacare failed immensely...has not done what it was created for.

Wrong again, it was but did need to be adjusted but it was working till trump destroyed it.

5)Claims police group support...can’t name one (they don’t)
Some do and more important 200 Retired Generals and Admirals and over 300 People from different Security Agencies all signed a letter of support for Biden. trump has none.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:33 PM   #69
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Not Joe's best night for sure. For all of the talk from him about how he knew how to handle a bully, he sure didn't show it last night.

Joe's only responses were "Oh, Come on", or putting his head down and closing his eyes. He would occasionally interject "Can you shut up".

We knew Trump was going to be Trump, and he behaved exactly as expected. Let's be clear, even with Chris Wallace being biased to Biden, he still did a terrible job. Chris Wallace sucks.

I am a Biden supporter, but last night he looked old and weak. He also blatantly lied about two things that i am personally aware of, that he did not want to shut down the USA again (100% completely and totally false, he already has talked about a plan of how / what he will shut down once he is inaugurated), and he lied big time when he said that he never objected to Trump shutting down incoming travel from China. I expect Trump to lie, but i was kind of taken aback that Biden had no issue lying. Again, they are politicians so they have to lie, but still.

One thing that concerns me, is Biden did very little to call out the violent protestors and terrorists that are burning the cities. My buddy told me afterward, that he could not do that, because if he did he would alienate a lot of his voters who are pro-anarchy / carnage, etc...

IF there is a second debate between the two, we need a more pro-Biden moderator, so that Biden gets more of a chance. I still to this day do not know why they don't just cut the microphones on someone so that they cannot interrupt, or when it is not their time to speak.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:49 PM   #70
MTK
\m/

He failed to condemn white supremacy.

He missed an open court layup.

All Joe had to do after that was stay awake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #71
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Not Joe's best night for sure. For all of the talk from him about how he knew how to handle a bully, he sure didn't show it last night.

Joe's only responses were "Oh, Come on", or putting his head down and closing his eyes. He would occasionally interject "Can you shut up".

We knew Trump was going to be Trump, and he behaved exactly as expected. Let's be clear, even with Chris Wallace being biased to Biden, he still did a terrible job. Chris Wallace sucks.

I am a Biden supporter, but last night he looked old and weak. He also blatantly lied about two things that i am personally aware of, that he did not want to shut down the USA again (100% completely and totally false, he already has talked about a plan of how / what he will shut down once he is inaugurated), and he lied big time when he said that he never objected to Trump shutting down incoming travel from China. I expect Trump to lie, but i was kind of taken aback that Biden had no issue lying. Again, they are politicians so they have to lie, but still.

One thing that concerns me, is Biden did very little to call out the violent protestors and terrorists that are burning the cities. My buddy told me afterward, that he could not do that, because if he did he would alienate a lot of his voters who are pro-anarchy / carnage, etc...

IF there is a second debate between the two, we need a more pro-Biden moderator, so that Biden gets more of a chance. I still to this day do not know why they don't just cut the microphones on someone so that they cannot interrupt, or when it is not their time to speak.
That was the impression I took away from your post, thanks for confirming. Glad to have another member on Team Biden.

The thing I was most impressed with? How young and not senile and concise with his words Biden was.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:58 PM   #72
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He failed to condemn white supremacy.

He missed an open court layup.

All Joe had to do after that was stay awake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This really can't be stated enough.

Wallace served him the easiest basket he'd ever make. All he had to do was say "I denounce racism, white supremacy, and any group which uses me or my words to incite violence in any form."

But much in the same way he was shit-talking Biden for losing the radicals on the law-and-order platform, he can't say it because he would lose the white supremacist vote if he denounced them. So he does the opposite, literally tells them to stand by, which they take as a complete endorsement. Way to fucking go bigly.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #73
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Some do and more important 200 Retired Generals and Admirals and over 300 People from different Security Agencies all signed a letter of support for Biden. trump has none.

Trump is such a lying sack of shit. This is number 72,067.
Since yesterday.

https://apple.news/ABvxf1hYJT3OhJlU2zpr62A
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:47 PM   #74
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
No you are right he did do a good job explaining that renewable energy is a job creator but he missed an opportunity when addressing nonrenewables. To me a debate should be about expanding the vote. He stated under his administration no new coal or oil fired power plants will be created, which is fine but he should have continued that nonrenewables are too valuable to waste on single use production such as energy. We have other resources we can use for electrical and transportation for that matter and we need those resources for more long term production such as manufacturing. Coal can be used in photovoltaic cells, petroleum has obvious uses outside of energy.

Baltimore man you and I both know that he wasn’t getting all that out .... two minutes - loudmouth interjecting = 4 seconds.
You are obviously very passionate and knowledgeable about the environment which is awesome, and I agree that is all information that he should relay to his voters but there is no way in hell that was happening last night. Lol.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:51 PM   #75
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I don't know who the proud boys are, and I'm glad for that, but that is the worst name ever for a group. WTF?

It is terrible. Lol. Washington football team is better. Well it is less stupid.