Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #481
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Trade down, get more picks, we are fine at WR and could pick one in a later round. Our primary concern on offense is the Oline and TE period.
I'd like to move down and get a 2 back

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #482
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'd like to move down and get a 2 back
I wouldn’t rule out that, it could very well happen.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #483
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Hopefully they'll be some good TEs in free agency available that they will hopefully target. This is a position that seems to fading away though, because the college game is not using them...much like fullbacks.
There is actually a decent amount in Free Agency but TE has become a competitive position with a lot of turnover between injuries, finding competent play, scheme fit, etc. Tight end play has become a need in order to field a working offense.

My guy is Eric Ebron, he would be my #1 free agent target in the free agency. He has a balance game in blocking and catching. He comes from the Colts who feature TE in a passing game, but ALSO have to block because there are one of the best running teams in the league. He is in his prime as well. I would give him a solid deal 4 year deal. Also Im def drafting a TE in that 3rd-4th round range.

Id let Sprinkle come into camp to compete with the 3rd TE position, but he is a jag and would hope we could find another young guy to take that 3rd TE position.

He Gets Us
Old 12-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #484
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If the skins pick at 4 or 5 , and Jerry Jeudy is available you have to consider him
To be honest...I think he is overrated, I like Ruggs and the kid from Oklahoma over him. But the best WR in college plays for LSU.

He Gets Us
Old 12-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #485
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
There is actually a decent amount in Free Agency but TE has become a competitive position with a lot of turnover between injuries, finding competent play, scheme fit, etc. Tight end play has become a need in order to field a working offense.

My guy is Eric Ebron, he would be my #1 free agent target in the free agency. He has a balance game in blocking and catching. He comes from the Colts who feature TE in a passing game, but ALSO have to block because there are one of the best running teams in the league. He is in his prime as well. I would give him a solid deal 4 year deal. Also Im def drafting a TE in that 3rd-4th round range.

Id let Sprinkle come into camp to compete with the 3rd TE position, but he is a jag and would hope we could find another young guy to take that 3rd TE position.
Would love to have Ebron! Saw him play a lot with the Tarheels, and he was great there...not sure what happened to him while with the Lions, but he has shown his worth with the Colts again, especially when Luck was throwing to him. I'd be surprised if the Colts let him get away.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:07 PM   #486
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If Chase Young or Andrew Thomas are available at our pick, you run to the podium with a smile on your face.

If not, try to trade down.

That's my strategy.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #487
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Would love to have Ebron! Saw him play a lot with the Tarheels, and he was great there...not sure what happened to him while with the Lions, but he has shown his worth with the Colts again, especially when Luck was throwing to him. I'd be surprised if the Colts let him get away.
The colts extended jack Doyle their other TE: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...an-21-million/

They have officially moved on from ebron, he will hit the market

He Gets Us
Old 12-06-2019, 10:42 PM   #488
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
If the skins pick at 4 or 5 , and Jerry Jeudy is available you have to consider him
I will throw up if they take him or any wr with the first rounder. We have got to get an o-linemen or a complete TE. Besides I don't think he's any better than McLaurin and he went in the 3rd.

I always believe that wr's can be found and developed in the mid rounds.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:14 AM   #489
Warthog
The Starter

The Haskins Threat

I agree. The Redskins have a very bad l
history of drafting WR in the first round. We need to continue drafting for the trenches -either with phenom Chase Young at Edge (depending on whether Nat Orchard keeps kicking butt) or OT Thomas. Then draft with whatever we can get in a trade for Trent Williams (probably a Second round now due to BA’s stupidity). Bringing a first and Second round OT to camp next year will really solidify the OL for years to come. Drafting for OT helps fix Trent’s departure and let’s us replace Moses -who is playing poorly and killing the offense with all his holding penalties. New OL blood protects Haskins and keeps our running game very solid.

Use our newly created cap space by the trading or cutting of Reed, Davis, Moses, Richardson, TW and Norman to get the best TE FA in the NFL. Pick a third or fourth TE in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 12-08-2019, 07:35 AM   #490
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Looks like Ohio State's offense doesn't miss the half dozen guys drafted last year. They made Wisconsin look like a High School team in the 2nd half last night. How you could honestly assess a QB playing for those guys is beyond me. Fields has 37 TDs against only one interception and he is only a sophomore. They guy is surrounded by talent up the wazoo.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #491
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
To be honest...I think he is overrated, I like Ruggs and the kid from Oklahoma over him. But the best WR in college plays for LSU.
I am probably the biggest LSU fan here, and Justin Jefferson is nicew and if he was there in the 2nd provided we had a 2nd I would be all over him but Jeudy is on another level. I like Ruggs too, but with me he could be Tyreek Hill or John Ross III. I love Jeudy's game

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:23 AM   #492
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Looks like Ohio State's offense doesn't miss the half dozen guys drafted last year. They made Wisconsin look like a High School team in the 2nd half last night. How you could honestly assess a QB playing for those guys is beyond me. Fields has 37 TDs against only one interception and he is only a sophomore. They guy is surrounded by talent up the wazoo.
Wisconsin is sooooo one dimensional. Once you stop Taylor they are basically a HS team.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #493
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I agree with this, Allen’s contract could be coming up soon to. I would sign Thompson to an affordable contract, if he agrees due to his missed time. Guice, Love, Thompson next year sounds really good.
I would rather eat a pound of dog food than offer Thompson anything.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:29 AM   #494
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I would rather eat a pound of dog food than offer Thompson anything.
Move on from the guys who are always injured already, you know, like a real NFL team would.

I am hot and cold on Loverro, but he is correct in that this isn't a real NFL franchise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2019, 02:32 AM   #495
Warthog
The Starter

The Haskins Threat

We don’t need Thompson anymore and he’s too injury-prone. Whenever he’s in, the defense knows we’re going to pass. The play-calling is incredibly predictable now, without other hints like bringing in Thompson. Today he whiffed in a pass rusher who then sacked Haskins.

We need to trade or dump almost every veteran on this team. Time to allow the new HC the chance to bring in his own FA, and build a winning culture. We have too many injury-prone players. Dump them all. That’s how the Patriot’s do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Closed Thread