Guice Theory

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-30-2018, 09:00 AM   #16
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Guice Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don't care what the NFL investigation says I think someone probably did ask him something inappropriate to test him, and he lost his shit.

As long as the Skins did their due diligence on him, which it sounds like they did, I'm good with the pick especially where they got him. A 1st round talent for a late 2nd round pick, and he already hates the Eagles? Outstanding.
This.

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2018, 09:03 AM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't care what the NFL investigation says I think someone probably did ask him something inappropriate to test him, and he lost his shit.

As long as the Skins did their due diligence on him, which it sounds like they did, I'm good with the pick especially where they got him. A 1st round talent for a late 2nd round pick, and he already hates the Eagles? Outstanding.
this. I could careless...the media has gotten worse and worse about joining in efforts to slander these guys.

I heard this morning driving in...the Skins did extensive background and apparently his agent/agency is top notch guy. They said he doesn't drink or smoke...but plays a lot of video games. And some took this a slight...too much video games? Ill take this guy all day over someone like me at that age where drugs, drinks, every night was a late night, women basically ruled my life.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:06 AM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It's time for the Redskins to get back to old school Run first and pound the clock offense. It was nice having a QB throw for 4000 yards but it didn't create many Wins. I hope this will change that up asap
Old 04-30-2018, 10:31 AM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Here are a few 2nd round RB's chosen in the last 10 years just for a comparison sake.

Matt Forte
Shady Mccoy
Carlos Hyde
Jeremy Hill
Derrick Henry
Joe Mixon
Shane Vereen
Leveon Bell

All of these guys listed here have made a good to major impact on their teams, Bell is arguably the best back in the league. Every one of these guys besides Vereen are better than what we have had since CP left. Guice was a better prospect coming out than the majority of this list. I'd say teams that past on him will regret it big time.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #20
metalskins
The Starter

I'm excited for this guy! When I saw that he was still on the board a couple picks away from the 'skins 2nd round pick, I started getting excited. Couldn't believe we not only traded down to pick up a third, but we wound up getting our running back after all. It was an amazing draft in my opinion.

I believe it's going to be Guice, Perine, and Thompson. Guice on first and second down, Perine to come in a spell Guice for a few plays, Thompson strictly on third down, but now you can mix in some double back sets and really have the defense worried about who's getting the ball, Guice or Thompson?
Old 04-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_kU6GfgFU">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_kU6GfgFU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_kU6GfgFU
Old 04-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #22
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Doctson will be a pro bowl caliber WR. Book it.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Yeah I still want Dez, I don't buy Doc staying healthy
Old 04-30-2018, 12:46 PM   #24
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Guice is a solid dude if the numbers are right. 5-11, 224 lbs is what I am seeing. Add that to sub-4.4 speed and a decisive, angry running style, and DG could really be special at this level.

It's going to be tough for LB's to get low on him and, with his weight, if he can make it to the second level, he is going to be tough to bring down once he has a little momentum behind him.

I've watched a couple more videos of his highlights and I really like the way he runs. Around the line of scrimmage, he doesn't dance around. He starts moving forward almost immediately, and, once he starts doing so, he doesn't go backwards. Sure, some of the holes are large, but I specifically looked for some where he wasn't breaking long runs. In those, he followed the play design found the best seam (quickly!), stuck his head down, and plowed forward. This looks to me like a RB who can have success at this level.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Guice is a solid dude if the numbers are right. 5-11, 224 lbs is what I am seeing. Add that to sub-4.4 speed and a decisive, angry running style, and DG could really be special at this level.

It's going to be tough for LB's to get low on him and, with his weight, if he can make it to the second level, he is going to be tough to bring down once he has a little momentum behind him.

I've watched a couple more videos of his highlights and I really like the way he runs. Around the line of scrimmage, he doesn't dance around. He starts moving forward almost immediately, and, once he starts doing so, he doesn't go backwards. Sure, some of the holes are large, but I specifically looked for some where he wasn't breaking long runs. In those, he followed the play design found the best seam (quickly!), stuck his head down, and plowed forward. This looks to me like a RB who can have success at this level.
He has a CP look to him the way he runs, they compare really well on tape anyway
Old 04-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #26
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I agree. I have 0 faith in any NFL investigation. No doubt somebody asked him something very inappropriate that probably caused him to flip.

Just watch this about his life and background. Amazing story and journey for this kid. Surprised he made it as far as he did.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #27
MTK
\m/

I heard on Kevin and Cooley that apparently we were set to take Kerryon Johnson but once he came off the board that’s when we traded back

Interesting
Old 04-30-2018, 02:35 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I heard on Kevin and Cooley that apparently we were set to take Kerryon Johnson but once he came off the board that’s when we traded back

Interesting
Eh, IDK about all that. Johnson is solid tho but he's not Guice
Old 04-30-2018, 02:40 PM   #29
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Thank God we didn't end up with Johnson

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #30
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Thank God we didn't end up with Johnson
I didn't see him enough in college...what didn't you like?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote