Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-30-2019, 08:30 PM   #91
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
I think it's Eric Schaeffer that does contracts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, BA doesn't right them but he has final say and input, so I do think that's one thing we can (at least partly) credit him for.

Advertisements
Old 08-02-2019, 02:17 AM   #92
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah, BA doesn't right them but he has final say and input, so I do think that's one thing we can (at least partly) credit him for.

BA f-ed up the Cousins contract by not deciding whether to keep him or let him go for 3 years; he paid $94 mill for an average QB for 5 years who was 34 years old. Last year USA Today asked NFL players representatives who they liked to deal with for player contracts. BA was rated LAST on that list in the NFL. Finally while BA has held his top position in the Redskins organization while the team has done well below average in the field. 7-9 two years in a row.

I don’t trust him to do the right thing with Trent Williams either in terms of paying him more to keep him or getting draft picks with another team if he must be traded. He sucks as a GM or in terms of dealing with players or their reps in a personal basis. No wonder TW doesn’t trust him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #93
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
BA f-ed up the Cousins contract by not deciding whether to keep him or let him go for 3 years; he paid $94 mill for an average QB for 5 years who was 34 years old. Last year USA Today asked NFL players representatives who they liked to deal with for player contracts. BA was rated LAST on that list in the NFL. Finally while BA has held his top position in the Redskins organization while the team has done well below average in the field. 7-9 two years in a row.

I don’t trust him to do the right thing with Trent Williams either in terms of paying him more to keep him or getting draft picks with another team if he must be traded. He sucks as a GM or in terms of dealing with players or their reps in a personal basis. No wonder TW doesn’t trust him!

I am by no means a BA fan, but the fact that agents don't like dealing with him on contracts isn't necessarily a bad thing, is it? Seems to me that the GMs they would most like dealing with are the easy marks that cave to their demands easily. Being ranked last on such a survey might even be a good thing. The guy makes some very poor decisions, IMO, but how player agents like dealing with him on contracts doesn't bother me.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #94
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
I am by no means a BA fan, but the fact that agents don't like dealing with him on contracts isn't necessarily a bad thing, is it? Seems to me that the GMs they would most like dealing with are the easy marks that cave to their demands easily. Being ranked last on such a survey might even be a good thing. The guy makes some very poor decisions, IMO, but how player agents like dealing with him on contracts doesn't bother me.
Number44,
The poll of player agents was not "agents don't like dealing with him" or that they "do not like him." It was "Washington’s Bruce Allen is the NFL executive that player agents trust the least in contract negotiations."
"Redskins, Bruce Allen get low marks on preparedness, trust."
Why do think he earned that?
It may not bother you but why it really bothers me is he is obviously unprofessional. When we go into contract negotiations with our free agents that we really want back like Brandon Scherff and nothing gets done. Are we back to the Cousins situation all over again and Scherff walks?
You have to ask yourself what environment exists that good players like Cousins, Trent Williams and possibly Scherff all are not wanting to stay?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ted-executive/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ith/528741002/
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:59 AM   #95
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Number44,
The poll of player agents was not "agents don't like dealing with him" or that they "do not like him." It was "Washington’s Bruce Allen is the NFL executive that player agents trust the least in contract negotiations."
"Redskins, Bruce Allen get low marks on preparedness, trust."
Why do think he earned that?
It may not bother you but why it really bothers me is he is obviously unprofessional. When we go into contract negotiations with our free agents that we really want back like Brandon Scherff and nothing gets done. Are we back to the Cousins situation all over again and Scherff walks?
You have to ask yourself what environment exists that good players like Cousins, Trent Williams and possibly Scherff all are not wanting to stay?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ted-executive/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ith/528741002/
You said that the poll was to rank what GMs they like dealing with on contracts, and that is what I responded to. Now you say the poll was about trust. Perhaps you should have said that, if that is the case. Two totally different things. If agents are saying BA is dishonest, that is obviously a bad thing, and miles away from simply saying they don't like negotiating contracts with him.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:58 PM   #96
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Bill Belichick is viewed as favorable in that poll so is Ozzie Newsome those two are hardly easy marks. Others up top are Seahawks, Steelers and colts gms
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #97
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
You said that the poll was to rank what GMs they like dealing with on contracts, and that is what I responded to. Now you say the poll was about trust. Perhaps you should have said that, if that is the case. Two totally different things. If agents are saying BA is dishonest, that is obviously a bad thing, and miles away from simply saying they don't like negotiating contracts with him.
Number44 - Warthog said that, not I.
Either way Bruce Allen is an embarrassment to the organization in print, in the national media. USA Today and NBC sports are not local media, they are national. The entire country saw it. But Bruce Allen's job performance is still not held accountable by the ownership.
Trent Williams and Brandon Scherff's situations are now another nationally covered measure to Bruce Allen's front office. Let's see how it turns out.
Knowing Bruce Allen and his track record, I suspect it will not go well.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #98
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Number44 - Warthog said that, not I.
Either way Bruce Allen is an embarrassment to the organization in print, in the national media. USA Today and NBC sports are not local media, they are national. The entire country saw it. But Bruce Allen's job performance is still not held accountable by the ownership.
Trent Williams and Brandon Scherff's situations are now another nationally covered measure to Bruce Allen's front office. Let's see how it turns out.
Knowing Bruce Allen and his track record, I suspect it will not go well.
You apparently think I am a Bruce Allen fan. Nothing could be farther from the truth. All I said was that agents not liking to negotiate contracts with a GM doesn't make him a bad GM. You then said the agents specifically referred to trust, which was NOT in the post I responded to. All of your other comments are points I agree with and unrelated to my comment.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:02 PM   #99
Warthog
The Starter

I just re-read the original USA Today article which I hadn’t seen in a year. The main points in the survey is about the team’s negotiator in terms of:

Preparedness

Trust

Bruce Allen is LAST in the NFL. I don’t know how anyone could paint this as being good for the team. It has nothing to do with being a tough negotiator. I’m not backing Trent Williams holdout but he did mention not trusting BA as an issue.

I will know the Redskins franchise is finally turning around when Bruce Allen is fired.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #100
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Poor bastard had 17 surgeries, please retire it’s not worth getting injured again.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...with-redskins/

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #101
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Poor bastard had 17 surgeries, please retire it’s not worth getting injured again.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...with-redskins/
He is one tough, optimistic son of a gun. I'd be way beyond defeated by now.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #102
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

You know what's crazy? Alex Smith could be the starter next yr
Old 10-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #103
MTK
\m/

If Smith comes back and starts over Haskins that's a huge red flag that Haskins is bust city.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #104
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
He is one tough, optimistic son of a gun. I'd be way beyond defeated by now.
He could lose $16+ mill in signing bonus money and $46Million in salary if he retires.

For that kind of money I would let you go "Misery" on me 17 times.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #105
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If Smith comes back and starts over Haskins that's a huge red flag that Haskins is bust city.
Yes it is and at that point its time to draft another QB