Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Report: Dan Snyder directly accused in 2009 sexual harassment lawsuit

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-31-2020, 10:08 AM   #16
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Report: Dan Snyder directly accused in 2009 sexual harassment lawsuit

As the end of that CBS article says, having to deal with punishing an incumbent owner would be embarrassing at best and a legal minefield at worst. Question is not whether the NFL would try to force Danny out in the event of something substantiated (which lets face it is most likely), it's whether he'd be stubborn enough to try to resist. Richardson saw the writing on the wall and sensibly sold up to avoid that. I'm not sure Snyder's ego would allow him to do the same.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-31-2020, 10:19 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

It would have to be a bombshell directly tying Snyder to some sort of misconduct to get him forced out... right now it seems it's more of a he said/he said with minority owner Dwight Schar, who in the end could be the one that comes out on the short end of the stick if these extortion allegations bear fruit.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:45 AM   #18
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It would have to be a bombshell directly tying Snyder to some sort of misconduct to get him forced out... right now it seems it's more of a he said/he said with minority owner Dwight Schar, who in the end could be the one that comes out on the short end of the stick if these extortion allegations bear fruit.
But i thought we already had that bombshell in the fact that Dan himself was directly named as committing the sexual harassment in 2009 that led to them settling to keep it private.

I guess a bigger question would be if the NFL knew at the time of the accusations, and did nothing...
Old 12-31-2020, 11:28 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
But i thought we already had that bombshell in the fact that Dan himself was directly named as committing the sexual harassment in 2009 that led to them settling to keep it private.

I guess a bigger question would be if the NFL knew at the time of the accusations, and did nothing...
As part of the settlement Snyder didn't acknowledge any wrongdoing in the agreement. Not really the type of smoking gun you can use against him, the league definitely knew about this.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:15 PM   #20
Warthog
The Starter

As others have said, Snyder may end up with a tighter death grip on this franchise by buying out the minority owners. Of course, Snyder will then be able to claim that every accusation was a money-generated lie in order to force him out by those minority owners.

The key issue is in the UNKNOWN allegations by other women, who have talked to the NFL since Snyder had to stop his intimidation campaign using his army of lawyers and private investigators and his non-disclosure clauses. Some women talked to the WP and their allegations were used in articles in 2020. Are there ANY MORE verifiable stories out there, by other female employees? That’s the $ 3.4 billion question and the future of this franchise!!

This was either a smear campaign by one of the minority owners to increase the value of his shares OR the Redskins organization was truly a nasty, chauvinistic organization that Snyder ran like a petty, tin-plated dictator.

Difficult to know the truth. Snyder has undoubtedly spent the last 20 years driving this franchise into the dirt, largely killing off a once-proud fan base. He used lackey GM’s to privately run the team like his personal fantasy football team, and he was terrible at it. The stadium is over-priced and awfully run down. It has only been after two decades of continuous failure that Snyder was forced to relinquish control of the team to bring Rivera onto the property.

The question is: did Snyder privately treat women employees like dirt, while simultaneously driving the team to the bottom of the NFL for 20 years and driving away the fans????

I DOUBT we will EVER know the full truth. If all the bad things are true, the NFL owners will vote Snyder out quietly, in the deadest days of the offseason, and force him to sell and make a couple $billion. In exchange for the sale, Snyder will not be embarrassed further.
The NFL will simply say, “The WFT ownership is being changed for the good of the NFL”.

If many of these stories and rumors were just money-fueled BS, then the NFL will quietly allow Snyder to buy up the minority owners share. The NFL will simply say, “The allegations against the owner of the WFT could not be substantiated.” However, in exchange for letting him remain the owner the NFL ALSO probably force Snyder to pay off all the accusers in a private settlement.

It may be easier to do the latter program. Snyder stays in power, the minority owners get bought out for a profit for them and the accusers are bought off for an undisclosed amount.
Snyder presents his plan to Maryland, Virginia and DC to build a new stadium using his own money, in exchange for gambling rights. One state government will bite on that deal.

If there are lots of real and verifiable stories of Snyder’s or his minions misdeeds the NFL may be bold and force him to sell. The NFL doesn’t want to lose the female audience in the region because they coddle a sexist, creepy, misogynist - even if he is a billionaire. Snyder has no friends, anywhere, except his paid lawyers and private eyes, so assuming he will win out because he is rich may be incorrect.

We’ll see what happens this Spring!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:14 AM   #21
skinsfan69
Living Legend

At this point not sure if forcing Snyder out would even be the best move. A new owner might blow things up. We finally at least have some direction and competent leadership.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:25 AM   #22
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
At this point not sure if forcing Snyder out would even be the best move. A new owner might blow things up. We finally at least have some direction and competent leadership.
It only took this MF'er 21 years, millions of wasted dollars, shitty coaches (except Gibbs) to finally get it. I think he finally understands that hands off is the way to do it.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:09 AM   #23
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
It only took this MF'er 21 years, millions of wasted dollars, shitty coaches (except Gibbs) to finally get it. I think he finally understands that hands off is the way to do it.
I think it is too "early" to say he finally understands.

Let's see what happens in the aftermath of Snyder buying out his partners and tightening his death grip on this franchise before we come to that assumption.

For now Ron is in control. Enjoy it while it lasts. Hope its permanent / for the duration of Ron's time here...
Old 01-03-2021, 09:43 AM   #24
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I can't find it but there was a earlier artical saying the minority owners would not sell to Dan but to outside interest unless the NFL stepped in. I said it before nothing would happen this season but it could be an interesting off season.