Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Free Agents

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Redskins Free Agents

So at the request of Chico I started this Redskins Free Agency topic.

My question is, of the players listed below, who do you think will not be resigned?

Unrestricted: Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander, tackle Jordan Black, tight end Chris Cooley, tight end Fred Davis, defensive end Kedric Golston, cornerback Cedric Griffin, safety Tanard Jackson, linebacker Bryan Kehl, guard Kory Lichtensteiger, tackle Tyler Polumbus, punter Sav Rocca, safety Madieu Williams and linebacker Chris Wilson.

Restricted: Nose tackle Chris Baker, return man Brandon Banks, linebacker Rob Jackson, tight end Logan Paulsen, long-snapper Nick Sundberg, fullback Darrel Young.

I think we will not resign Cooley, Tanard Jackson, Bryan Kehl, Madieu Williams and Banks for sure.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing

Advertisements
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Free Agents

Have to sign these guys for sure:

Alexander
Jackson
Davis
Lichtensteiger
Paulsen
Young

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Is jackson worth 1.29 million. Thats what his tender would cost. If someone wanted him we would get a 7th round pick for him. I think he is worth it, but with our cap situation they may let him walk.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Our absolute top priority is resigning Fred Davis. Its gonna be tricky because of the injury, but think we get something done in the 4 year range with a decent raise. Alexander is a must resign as well. I think Kory L goes, he probably gets starter money somewhere at center/guard.

Id put a second round tender on Jackson and give a small bump to everyone else on the restricted list except Brandon Banks. Jackson could become trade bait, which would work out in out favor.

He Gets Us
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
rypper11
The Starter

I really want Alexander, Golston, Lichtensteiger, Rocca, and Wilson. I do not want anything spent on Davis. Too much baggage and injury. I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. Polumbus is probably needed but hopefully just for backup money.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

T. Jackson can't even step in the building until he's reinstated, and that won't come until 8/31 at the very earliest. Based on that I can't see him coming back.

If we're talking about Rob Jackson, yeah I'd make a push to keep him here.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If it came to a choice between keeping Fred Davis or Lorenzo Alexander, I would choose Alexander. The skins played without Davis most of the season and did fine, Alexander is huge on ST and a very valuable player who can play different positions and most of all a class act.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
T. Jackson can't even step in the building until he's reinstated, and that won't come until 8/31 at the very earliest. Based on that I can't see him coming back.

Sorry Rob Jackson. He is a restricted free agent. We could give him a low tender (1.29 Million) or even give him a second round tender(1.98 million)
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

I'm doing what I have to do to keep Davis here.

He's a big time playmaker and even though we survived without him the offense is so much more dangerous with him in there. Paulsen is ok as a backup but I wouldn't want him as the full time guy.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Our offense is so much more effective with Davis. He should come with a large discount, considering he is hurt and the suspension thing. I am thinking that there will not be a huge market for him. We will have the upper hand, because we know him.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fred is a very good player, when healthy he's a top 10 TE. We should keep him for sure. Paulsen just doesn't do as much
Old 02-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
SkinzWin
Playmaker

I agree we have to do whatever we can to get Davis back. That being said, I don't see a 4 year deal. With his injury, I can see a one year "show me what you got" contract before we fork out a long-term deal. Or maybe a 2 year deal like what the Packers did with Finley.

In other news, I think Rob Jackson needs to stay and so does Zo Al. Is there anyone's contract we can restructure to get a few more dolla's until wel get out of Mara Cap Hell?

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I see us offering Lichtensteiger a ''cheap'' deal as a take it or leave it deal, because we do have LeRibeus and Gettis behind him who looked great and have potential.

Fred Davis is going to get a similar type of deal as Lichtensteiger; a take it or leave it, since he is coming off an achilles. Plus this draft has lots of TEs much like the 2010 draft.

Rob Jackson you have to resign because Orakpo hasn't been too healthy in the past, and Rob is great depth and smarter and better in coverage than Orakpo.

Alexander is a great ST, but hes going to want a fairly big deal for a backup since he is a pro bowler. I keep saying this, but he may be gone to Pittsburgh. I remember reading somewhere with Fletchers contract, it would be better if he retired and saved us some money and gave that money to Lorenzo so he could play in some MLB packages and so could Keenan.

Paulsen, well you got to keep at least one of these TEs. I've already thrown out James Casey in FA who is a FB/TE. Paulsen is a better blocker than Fred Davis. Paulsen is a cheaper TE than FD, so gun to my head I'd rather have Paulsen, Casey, Draft Pick TE, (and maybe Niles).

Cedric Griffin should be resigned to compete in camp incase the draft pick CBs/other FA CBs don't work out.

Sav Rocca yes, however if in the 7th round we choose to get Brad Wing, I would be completely fine with that. He, like Rocca is an Australian who can boom the ball, and run.

Darrell Young, yes we must resign the 3rd best fullback in the NFL according to nfldraftscout.

Ditto for Sundberg.

Williams, Banks, Jackson, Kehl, and all the other guys should start looking to go elsewhere.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Matty, I was a bit surprised to see you say cut Lichtensteigher so quickly. What's your opinion about the drop off, if any, from Lich to the rest of our guys on the line who would step up if he's gone? Do we address OLine in FA AND the draft? I know "secondary is a primary" concern.

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

TJax can't step into ANY NFL building until 8/31, so in the worst case scenario there's no hurry to sign him because likely no one else will. He can't pass a physical without getting in the door.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Closed Thread