Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #61
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
Using adderall to focus on his playbook isn't as bad as performancing enhancing drugs.. A-Rod used steroids and is still playing in the playoffs (albeit very poorly).

I still would risk it -- with a contract that protects us & then draft young corners behind him... We need all the help we can get in the secondary. If we take TJax back & we have Talib, could have some potential
Thats the funniest part. Talib is getting the same punishment for adderall that he would have gotten had he been caught using steroids or HGH. What kind of policy is that?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #62
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So should I add TE to our list of FA's since we have no depth behind Fred Davis and him being hurt does make that position stable. Heres some good TEs that are FAs to be in 2013:

- Jared Cook
- Dustin Keller
- Martellus Bennett
- Heath Miller
- Both Raven TE's
- Delanie Walker
I honestly believe Logan Paulsen or Niles paul will come up so far Logan shown some flashes. our D sucks we should add coordinators .
Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #63
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
I honestly believe Logan Paulsen or Niles paul will come up so far Logan shown some flashes. our D sucks we should add coordinators .
Getting another TE definitely isn't going to solve the problems. They need to do some serious work and inject some talent into the secondary, OL, and WR positions.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
Old 10-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #64
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Getting another TE definitely isn't going to solve the problems. They need to do some serious work and inject some talent into the secondary, OL, and WR positions.
Agree.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #65
jdc65
Special Teams

Off season wish list:

Tight End: Let Fred Davis walk. Draft Joseph Fauria in the 2nd round. Sign an aging veteran like Ben Watson to a performance contract.

Draft the best right tackle prospect in the 3rd round. An interior lineman in the 4th or 5th, a Rb or Wr in the 6th or 7th. Offense done.

Defense: Replace Hall and Wilson with free agents Aqib Talib and either Jason McCourty or Rodgers Cromartie. All tall, physical, press man corners.

Sign Jarius Bryd to play FS, let the other current players fight for SS.

Draft another interior linebacker or D-lineman in the late rounds. Defense done.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #66
jdc65
Special Teams

Off season wish list:

Tight End: Let Fred Davis walk. Draft Joseph Fauria in the 2nd round. Sign an aging veteran like Ben Watson to a performance contract.

Draft the best right tackle prospect in the 3rd round. An interior lineman in the 4th or 5th, a Rb or Wr in the 6th or 7th. Offense done.

Defense: Replace Hall and Wilson with free agents Aqib Talib and either Jason McCourty or Rodgers Cromartie. All tall, physical, press man corners.

Draft another interior linebacker or D-lineman in the late rounds. Defense done.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #67
Kindoy
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
Off season wish list:

Amazing post...

TE is nowhere in the realm of worry for me looking ahead.

The best way to build is through the draft. Look at the Eagles D: Big name signings everywhere, no top defense to show for. The best defenses in this league have been built through the draft and smart signings... not big FA splashes. We should have learned that by now.

The situation you described sounds great, in Madden. Signing two stud corners and a stud safety is unrealistic. Our draft priorities should be DBs (plural), and finding a system fitting RT. Not tightends or d-linemen or whatever.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #68
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
Amazing post...

TE is nowhere in the realm of worry for me looking ahead.

The best way to build is through the draft. Look at the Eagles D: Big name signings everywhere, no top defense to show for. The best defenses in this league have been built through the draft and smart signings... not big FA splashes. We should have learned that by now.

The situation you described sounds great, in Madden. Signing two stud corners and a stud safety is unrealistic. Our draft priorities should be DBs (plural), and finding a system fitting RT. Not tightends or d-linemen or whatever.
Jarius Byrd should be the number one offseason priority. I don't know what other options are available at FS in free agency, but I'd like for the team to spend money there. I'd be happy with signing a competent starter at RT, kinda like the Josh Morgan version of a RT.

In terms of CBs, I'd like for us to focus our draft efforts in the secondary and see what we have from the likes of Crawford or any other young CB in our team/practice squad. A lot of our secondary problems will be solved by having a competent FS, which we haven't had since the late Sean Taylor.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #69
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

no way should we take a TE with our 2nd round pick. Best defensive player, preferably CB or S should be our first concern at the moment.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #70
cdskins26
Special Teams

I think we should explore the possibility of resigning davis and if the demands are too high we let him walk. However, by no means should we draft a replacement with a second round pick. I think we take a safety, and try to sign DRC and Clady. I would even resign josh wilson, and call it an offseason.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #71
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
I think we should explore the possibility of resigning davis and if the demands are too high we let him walk. However, by no means should we draft a replacement with a second round pick. I think we take a safety, and try to sign DRC and Clady. I would even resign josh wilson, and call it an offseason.
He's signed to a 3 year deal...he's going into year 3 next year.

As for some other posts;

Jarius Byrd is rated by Pro Football Focus as the 72 Best Player in the NFL. Even higher than Dashon Goldson...

Jason McCourty signed a huge deal with the titans before the season. So thats gone.

Clady- As much as we'd all want him, do you really see Denver allowing their All-Pro LT and Blindside protector to Peyton leaving, and cheaply at that...Nope

Question why was our secondary so good in 07 and 05 and not this year or any other years? Answer: Because those secondaries were made up of all or mostly draft picks. Free Agency, as I've repeated before, is good for quick patch ups; if the position you need is strong in FA but not the draft; and to get maybe a couple of (1-2) starters. Free agency as we ALL should know from our past, is not for building a team.

A few things I've been told or noticed about FA:
- If a player is great on his team, see if its because is a small market team or a crap team. Ex: Nnamdi, the guy is amazing in Oakland (bad team, small market) goes to Philly (larger market, better team) and isn't playing up to his 'potential'. So be cautious on Jarius Byrd up in Buffalo.

- Sometimes the great CBs in FA are the ones that play opposite of another great CB. I don't know if Cromartie (op. Revis) is a FA, but he's not whom I'm looking for. Nor is Cary Williams (op. Ladarius Webb). Antone Cason is a possibility (op. Jammer). But looking in History past ( Brandon Flowers -Brandon Carr; Jonathan Joseph --Leon Hall) these are the kind of CBs who have success, the ones that get overshadowed by better CBs.

- The redskins have signed well over 5 players per free agent offseason under shanahan. So even though I say and think we should lay low on FA, it doesn't matter because we still love to spend.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #72
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Don't forget y'all we may have something in Chase Minnifield at Cb ...
Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #73
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
He's signed to a 3 year deal...he's going into year 3 next year.

As for some other posts;

Jarius Byrd is rated by Pro Football Focus as the 72 Best Player in the NFL. Even higher than Dashon Goldson...

Jason McCourty signed a huge deal with the titans before the season. So thats gone.

Clady- As much as we'd all want him, do you really see Denver allowing their All-Pro LT and Blindside protector to Peyton leaving, and cheaply at that...Nope

Question why was our secondary so good in 07 and 05 and not this year or any other years? Answer: Because those secondaries were made up of all or mostly draft picks. Free Agency, as I've repeated before, is good for quick patch ups; if the position you need is strong in FA but not the draft; and to get maybe a couple of (1-2) starters. Free agency as we ALL should know from our past, is not for building a team.

A few things I've been told or noticed about FA:
- If a player is great on his team, see if its because is a small market team or a crap team. Ex: Nnamdi, the guy is amazing in Oakland (bad team, small market) goes to Philly (larger market, better team) and isn't playing up to his 'potential'. So be cautious on Jarius Byrd up in Buffalo.

- Sometimes the great CBs in FA are the ones that play opposite of another great CB. I don't know if Cromartie (op. Revis) is a FA, but he's not whom I'm looking for. Nor is Cary Williams (op. Ladarius Webb). Antone Cason is a possibility (op. Jammer). But looking in History past ( Brandon Flowers -Brandon Carr; Jonathan Joseph --Leon Hall) these are the kind of CBs who have success, the ones that get overshadowed by better CBs.

- The redskins have signed well over 5 players per free agent offseason under shanahan. So even though I say and think we should lay low on FA, it doesn't matter because we still love to spend.
I think Byrd is a good player and given the dismal state of the FS position, it is worth the acquisition. Not only do we need a good player but a smart/experienced player in that position. I doubt we would get that in the 2nd round and later.

Nnamdi is a good player, the Iggles just decided not to play to his strengths and the team was borderline dysfunctional the year he was acquired. I honestly feel it has little to do with going from a small market/bad team to a big market/sort of good team.

I think you make a good point about CBs that play opposite to great CBs. However, if it comes down to spending money for CB or a FS, I think we go the FS route (unless we can somehow afford both). I think we can look to the draft, our own young players (i.e. Crawford) and our vets players to build our defensive backfield.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Our second round pick should be best player available from the Safety, Cornerback, or Tackle position.

He Gets Us
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #75
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
Off season wish list:

I swear to God if they draft a tight end with their second round pick I will never watch another game for the rest of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread