What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Parking Lot

Old 05-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #46
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Son inlaw(the Marine) has the same truck but in Red with a crew cab ,he loves it!
Man I’ve missed it. Really like the ride...rides heavy....got a lil tow, looking to get a small rv. The interior is nice.

I tested the f150s but the Sierra was a better ride. I really like the dodge big horn...nice ride and space in the cab is great.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-27-2018, 08:22 AM   #47
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man I’ve missed it. Really like the ride...rides heavy....got a lil tow, looking to get a small rv. The interior is nice.

I tested the f150s but the Sierra was a better ride. I really like the dodge big horn...nice ride and space in the cab is great.
LOL, the :other son in law(Army) who is on way home from Afghanistan right now loves Dodge and had sold his old one (almost 12 years old) before he left and plains on getting a new Dodge 1500 ram when he gets home. I would love a truck but as long as these two have one ....I don't need one.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:17 AM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tesla in Autopilot mode crashes into California police car

Im gonna place this here...but this whole autopilot thing is scary right?
Old 05-30-2018, 10:26 AM   #49
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Tesla in Autopilot mode crashes into California police car

Im gonna place this here...but this whole autopilot thing is scary right?

Scarier than real drivers? In the long run this technology may never be perfect but it will definitely be more safe.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #50
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Scarier than real drivers? In the long run this technology may never be perfect but it will definitely be more safe.
I keep saying all it will take is one experimental town to go all auto-pilot, and then you will see the statistics over ten years compared to the previous ten years. Then 5 towns will adopt, then 1 major city will adopt, etc. Wont be in the next 10 years, but probably within the next twenty or so.

I know it's hard to accept letting go of control, but at the end of the day if we reduce car fatalities by 10%, then it's worth it. I anticipate the numbers will be more like 95+%... but we will see what happens.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:01 AM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

15 Subaru legacy with AWD. Absolute tank in the snow. I now own it and hopefully will for ten years. They hold their value better than most others. Great on gas. Nice stereo. Just wish i had gone with a dark interior. More stains than your oldest pair of underwear!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #52
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
15 Subaru legacy with AWD. Absolute tank in the snow. I now own it and hopefully will for ten years. They hold their value better than most others. Great on gas. Nice stereo. Just wish i had gone with a dark interior. More stains than your oldest pair of underwear!
Sister and he family have had two and loved them !
Old 05-30-2018, 11:35 PM   #53
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Sister and he family have had two and loved them !

I worked inside a Subaru dealership for three years and after three years I realized I never heard anything bad about them. It was like a cult. Lol. Said there has to be something about a Subaru. Wife has had two foresters and loves them. Really a good safe car.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #54
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Gas Stations love me. 2008 Yukon XL and a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer. Neither one gets over 14 MPG on average.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:45 AM   #55
MTK
\m/

Just paid off my Fusion so I think I'm going to enjoy having no car payment for a while. Haven't gone without a car payment since college I think.

Thinking my next car in a few years may be a Tesla, got my eye on the Model 3 specifically. Anyone here have a Tesla?
Old 05-15-2020, 11:51 AM   #56
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just paid off my Fusion so I think I'm going to enjoy having no car payment for a while. Haven't gone without a car payment since college I think.

Thinking my next car in a few years may be a Tesla, got my eye on the Model 3 specifically. Anyone here have a Tesla?
My roommate/landlord just bought one. I believe he said he paid like 90K. Wowsers!! I'm assuming this is on the high end, but I don't know for sure. Any Tesla is above my current pay grade.

I just bought my 2016 Ford Edge in October. No car payment sounds awesome. Only like 4 more years lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:00 PM   #57
MTK
\m/

The base model 3 starts at $39k, but the one I'd want would be about $50k. Time to start saving.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:35 PM   #58
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
My roommate/landlord just bought one. I believe he said he paid like 90K. Wowsers!! I'm assuming this is on the high end, but I don't know for sure. Any Tesla is above my current pay grade.

I just bought my 2016 Ford Edge in October. No car payment sounds awesome. Only like 4 more years lol.
I rode in a Tesla Model 3 back in Boston a couple years ago, the big things I noticed:

- It's super quiet, like no noise whatsoever aside from the tires on the road, obviously because it's battery powered

- Very responsive, plenty of power (as a semi-aggressive driver it would suit me fine)

- The tech is amazing, everything on the dash (i.e. radio/navi/climate control) runs through the Ipad or (whatever equivalent Tesla uses). Even the exterior door handles are electronic, you just touch them and the door opens. And obviously the big one is self-driving but I didn't witness it happening so I'm not sure if that's fully capable yet.

My current car is a 2018 Civic EX-T, don't buy any Civic with the 1.5T in it. I fell for the glitz because my old car was a Corolla that I drove for 10 years until I lost 2 cylinders thanks to valve damage and an intake gasket leak. When you drive a new car after your old one can barely make it up a hill everything seems powerful in comparison.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:10 PM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trucks…I’m thinking about getting another.

Any Dodge Ram drivers, you like your ride? Any complaints? I’m looking at a 2020

I’ve owned one Chevy and now a GMC Sierra. I’ve enjoyed both, but Sierra’s have gotten fucking ridiculous

He Gets Us