Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Old 02-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #61
MTK
\m/

re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Got Batman through Gamefly. Glad I didn't buy it. Don't get me wrong the graphics are cool and the story is well done, it's just getting repetitive to me.

Advertisements
Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #62
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I just ordered Assassins Creed 2 for 36.99 new on newegg.com, it was a pretty good deal. I wouldn't have bought it but I saw it on Spoofee and said what the hell lol.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #63
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Anyone play Heavy Rain yet?

IT is getting good reviews may pick it up this week. Hate to pay full price though.
I downloaded the demo for it and played it. I thought it was kinda cool but it took a little getting used to. Also there's some parts you can't play if you don't have Sixaxis on your controller. I'm playing with a Logitech controller and it didn't have Sixaxis on it so I had to turn on my old controller where the buttons are mostly stuck and use that to get through this one controller motion part in the demo.

It felt weird but at the same time it was interesting. Doubt I'll buy the game but it's definitely playable. I'm not sure how to describe it because I can't think of any game off the top of my head that's similar to it but I thought it was unique to put it best.

EDIT: And definitely d/l the demo and try it before you buy the game just so you kinda get an idea of what it's like before you shell out 60 bucks for it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #64
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I downloaded the demo for it and played it. I thought it was kinda cool but it took a little getting used to. Also there's some parts you can't play if you don't have Sixaxis on your controller. I'm playing with a Logitech controller and it didn't have Sixaxis on it so I had to turn on my old controller where the buttons are mostly stuck and use that to get through this one controller motion part in the demo.

It felt weird but at the same time it was interesting. Doubt I'll buy the game but it's definitely playable. I'm not sure how to describe it because I can't think of any game off the top of my head that's similar to it but I thought it was unique to put it best.

EDIT: And definitely d/l the demo and try it before you buy the game just so you kinda get an idea of what it's like before you shell out 60 bucks for it.
The game is absolutely trippy so far and at times really brutal to play just because of the nature of the story. It is probably just a single play through for me because I don't know if I could go through some of these situations multiple times.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 AM   #65
WaldSkins
Playmaker

That game looks bad ass
Old 02-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #66
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Yeah it sure does. It looks like it would be fun to play.

I remember how awesome the trailers looked for All Pro Football 2K8....but after playing it a few times it wasn't close to what i was use to, Madden.

Like it or hate it, Madden i think definatley sets the standard and people i think have more fun playing with their favorite pro players and teams. Thats why these games don't do as well, but they are fun nonetheless.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #67
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
I just ordered Assassins Creed 2 for 36.99 new on newegg.com, it was a pretty good deal. I wouldn't have bought it but I saw it on Spoofee and said what the hell lol.

Always always buy used you could have got that game for $9 plus shipping.

Half.com / Video Games / Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360, 2007)

You could have got it new from Amazon for $18 plus shipping.

Amazon Amazon

Oh geez I just saw the 2, that was a good deal my bad!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #68
mredskins
MVP

Quote:

I played the demo as well, this is a game both me and my wife can play at the same time. I use the controller and she loves trying to solve the puzzles/mystery and follow the story line.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #69
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Yeah it sure does. It looks like it would be fun to play.

I remember how awesome the trailers looked for All Pro Football 2K8....but after playing it a few times it wasn't close to what i was use to, Madden.

Like it or hate it, Madden i think definatley sets the standard and people i think have more fun playing with their favorite pro players and teams. Thats why these games don't do as well, but they are fun nonetheless.

This series was the best video game football I think but EA sport had to go and buy the entire NFL license so that squashed that franchise of games.

Amazon.com: ESPN NFL Football: Xbox: Video Games Amazon.com: ESPN NFL Football: Xbox: Video Games
Old 02-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #70
mredskins
MVP

BTW- If you have Final Fantsay 7 for PS1 hanging around the house it is selling for a mint right now on eBay. I found my copy last night.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #71
MTK
\m/

Quote:
This series was the best video game football I think but EA sport had to go and buy the entire NFL license so that squashed that franchise of games.

Amazon.com: ESPN NFL Football: Xbox: Video Games
meh the 2k series never did much for me. I could never get by the player models which were really bad. Something about the controls never felt quite right to me either.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #72
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

I bought the wife Sonic and Sega All Stars racing for the PS3. It's basically a Mario Kart rip off, but it was fun all the same.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #73
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Oh so you did end up picking that one up. That is a disappointing review. Hmmm...

Let me say Uncharted 2 is probably in my top 5 games of all time at this point. I am nearly done and it was been a wild ride.

I would also like to say it has been nearly two weeks since I have played or touched MW2, I feel like I should get a pin for that.
Anybody else getting burned out on the whole "every 3rd game, there's some 15 year old dipshit running around team killing" phenomenon in MW2? I'm looking forward to Bad Company 2. I'm ready for some vehicles and building destruction.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #74
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Anybody else getting burned out on the whole "every 3rd game, there's some 15 year old dipshit running around team killing" phenomenon in MW2? I'm looking forward to Bad Company 2. I'm ready for some vehicles and building destruction.
I play a lot of online FPS games and I get SO sick of little kids thinking it's hilarious to hack or team kill or just do stupid shit overall. I play Battlefield Heroes and Combat Arms and even though those games are free, I would pay extra to have a 21+ server to play on.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #75
mredskins
MVP

^ I think this is where Bungie does a good job with Halo and keeping you grouped with "like" skill level players. Even if you completely suck at MW2 over time you will reach level 70 but in Halo with Bunge's scoring system only the best reach the highest level, which is normally that annoying 15 year old so I never have to play him.