Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #16
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

There is only one point in all of this.....Allen and Snyder fucked up.
Allen needs to go. I am tired of him.

Advertisements
Old 07-19-2017, 11:23 AM   #17
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Kirks interview post deadline was very revealing..He said it was not even about the MONEY! now if we are to believe he is a stand up guy and tells the truth( which I believe) then He at this point does not want to commit to the Redskins LONG TERM because of other factors..in my opinion these are the factors..Owner and front office, new O coordinator, New WR group, overall negative vibe that surrounds this team.. IF we are to believe Cousins then IF the new WR group is productive and He gels with the New Cordinator then those factors are okay..

There is a huge question about his relationship with Front office which is the REAL reason there is no deal. I am starting to believe that Allen should be gone and that would go a long way to keeping Kirk..the ONLY positive side to this is that Cousins has 1 more year to step up and remove any doubt about his worth to likely become the highest paid Qb in league..And that is where I side with the Skins ..Im not sure he is the LONG TERM answer .YES He is way better than anybody else on our roster but a top 10 QB ..? Do you guys really believe He is a top 10 QB and can lead us to a super bowl? lets say he got signed to the BIG DEAL and due to many factors his play falls off and we miss playoffs then you would hear ..We should have NEVER signed him to that deal.

I'm telling you That those choke moments in the must win games last year plays a huge part in all of this..How many of you watching the Giants game knew when He had that pick it would come back and haunt him. I did for sure. and at that moment I questioned if he was the answer long term. We don't need a 7-9,9-7 type team every season. CAN Cousins be the QB to win 10 plus games every year with changing skill players around him..IF not then He is a mid pack serviceable type QB who does not need to be overpaid..I still say he does not Strike fear in opposing teams Def. We need a game changing QB ..they are few and far between. BUT if we hitch the wagon to Cousins and he does not step up then what? I myself can't take 8-8 seasons and missing playoffs I would just as soon go 4 -12 and get a top Pick and move on to really have chance at a Franchise QB. there are many ways to look at this Glass half full or half empty is where this team is at.
I agree with most of this.

I do think Cousins is good enough to win a Super Bowl. The following QBs have done so: Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning and Jim McMahon. They all have one thing in common, they weren't the greatest QBs of their generation but their defenses were stifling.

I'm under no illusion that Cousins is, or will ever be, on the level of Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger. But I'd like to see how Cousins looks with a competent defense, rather than having the worst third down defense of all time.

We went 8-7-1 despite having that absolutely dreadful defense.

I think he's good enough, not transcendent but still a piece of a Super Bowl puzzle that will require more pieces on defense to complete.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #18
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't think what happened this year or in the past will have much bearing on whether or not he will be back in DC after this season (as far as "Kurt" wanting to be back). I think it all hinges on what happens with the team in general this season, the team's success or failure, playoffs or no playoffs, is the team around him better, etc.

I never figured he would sign a long term deal this year. There was really no good reason for him to do that - especially from a financial perspective. Barring injury, he will either get $28 mil, $34 mil, or a very nice long term deal next year (from someone). That is on top of the $44 mil he has already made with the last two franchise tags.

He has played this game to perfection. He has bet on himself twice and won - big. I think despite all that has transpired with the franchise tags, no long term deal agreed upon, his preference is to stay in DC, but only if he believes the team is still trending upwards after the upcoming season is complete.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #19
btfoom
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't think what happened this year or in the past will have much bearing on whether or not he will be back in DC after this season (as far as "Kurt" wanting to be back). I think it all hinges on what happens with the team in general this season, the team's success or failure, playoffs or no playoffs, is the team around him better, etc.

I never figured he would sign a long term deal this year. There was really no good reason for him to do that - especially from a financial perspective. Barring injury, he will either get $28 mil, $34 mil, or a very nice long term deal next year (from someone). That is on top of the $44 mil he has already made with the last two franchise tags.

He has played this game to perfection. He has bet on himself twice and won - big. I think despite all that has transpired with the franchise tags, no long term deal agreed upon, his preference is to stay in DC, but only if he believes the team is still trending upwards after the upcoming season is complete.
Great post. I feel the part in Bold is the key (and I believe the FO acted this way knowing this season is pivotal for the Skins).

IMHO, if the Skins make the playoffs, win at least one playoff game, then they decide to keep Gruden, KC, and other players. They will feel the team is on the way up and will pay to keep it going. On the other hand, miss the playoffs and Gruden (and most likely KC) are out. Same with most of these one year contracts they signed this off-season. I think they switch to complete re-build and start over. They didn't want to let go of a coach with KC having a long term contract.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:17 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I haven't watched Bruce's interview but did he really say Kurt like legitimately???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #21
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I haven't watched Bruce's interview but did he really say Kurt like legitimately???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Redskins President Couldn’t Stop Calling Kirk Cousins By Wrong Name | NFL | NESN.com
Old 07-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

To me...its terrible...but the excuse was worse...didn't someone say from Redskins park it was Bruce's accent?

typical shitshow. its really never gonna end with a Snyder lead regime.

He Gets Us
Old 07-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #23
jamf
Pro Bowl

This is only about money, nothing else.
They are maximizing his money by exploiting the franchise tag.
I expect more QB's to try the "Kurt Cousins" move in the future.

50% Chance he is overpaid
49.9% He gets fair market value
0.1% chance he never plays again.
KC is playing the odds. Good for him!

BA should've signed him two years ago. This F'up is going to cost the team at least 10M a year if they do manage to sign KC.

Last edited by jamf; 07-19-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #24
jamf
Pro Bowl

*Clarification*
I don't think he is the best QB but I think someone will pay him like he is.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #25
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Picture taken today here in Michigan.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #26
btfoom
Camp Scrub

I'd love to know how you guys pull these percentages out (have my guess, but think the decency filters may prohibit).

For the 49ers, they just got Hoyer. They aren't looking for Cousins next year.

For him not playing football next year, many QBs get hurt and any injury will set him back greatly.

99.99% chance the other percentages on this thread are WAAAYYYY off (including mine).
Old 07-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #27
MTK
\m/

Honestly I think it's tough to tell either way, regardless it's pretty insignificant. Just something for people to pounce on.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #28
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
To me...its terrible...but the excuse was worse...didn't someone say from Redskins park it was Bruce's accent?

typical shitshow. its really never gonna end with a Snyder lead regime.

At least from this outsider's view this goes all the way back to the Skins drafting him and stopping him from maybe(I said maybe) starting for another team.Kirk is happy with his money and I believe he likes Washington and it's fans ,just not it's management as it is now.

Last edited by Giantone; 07-19-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #29
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfoom View Post
I'd love to know how you guys pull these percentages out (have my guess, but think the decency filters may prohibit).

For the 49ers, they just got Hoyer. They aren't looking for Cousins next year.

For him not playing football next year, many QBs get hurt and any injury will set him back greatly.

99.99% chance the other percentages on this thread are WAAAYYYY off (including mine).
Wait what? Are you saying because they signed Brian Hoyer that takes them out of the running for Kirk next year?
Old 07-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #30
insane4theskinsi
Special Teams

allen has the worst case of terminal dumbass that any white man in history.if gruden shits the bed this year,allen and gruden need to be gone,let doug williams run the team,hmp hime cant do anyworse than allen has.we have the shanahan disaster and rg3 disaster under allen.now all this bullshit with cousins and the pissing contest with SM.that is more than enough reason to dump his dumbass.
Closed Thread