Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2021, 02:08 PM   #16
irish
Playmaker

Re: Week 2 - the Rebound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I hear you but i don't think he is a huge downgrade from Fitz
He's huge downgrade. Fitz has is 16 year career in the NFL, I'm not saying he's spectacular but he has to be doing something right to have been around this long. Like a lot of fringe NFL QB's, Heinicke can come in and play a few good games but over the course of 17 games (assuming he doesn't get hurt) people will see why he was taking math class instead of playing professional football somewhere.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2021, 02:10 PM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
He's huge downgrade. Fitz has is 16 year career in the NFL, I'm not saying he's spectacular but he has to be doing something right to have been around this long. Like a lot of fringe NFL QB's, Heinicke can come in and play a few good games but over the course of 17 games (assuming he doesn't get hurt) people will see why he was taking math class instead of playing professional football somewhere.
100% spot on
Old 09-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #18
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Sure but fitz gets you to .500 maybe in a weak division; who cares. Being middle of the pack does nothing for future long term growth of this franchise. Have Tyler stink it up and find a great QB, then we can start rebuilding this bitch.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:32 PM   #19
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Heinicke wasn't even a starter on his XFL team. He's a fun story and fun to watch so far. But him having sustained success and health over a full NFL season would be absolutely shocking to me.

Sucks so bad for Fitz that he got hurt on such a garbage ass play by Leno. That was embarrassing.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:38 PM   #20
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sure but fitz gets you to .500 maybe in a weak division; who cares. Being middle of the pack does nothing for future long term growth of this franchise. Have Tyler stink it up and find a great QB, then we can start rebuilding this bitch.
Fitz only gets us to .500? Lots of predictions had WFT winning the division and making a run in the playoffs. Fitz wasn't going to be around in five years, he's a short term solution who's a legit NFL QB. Now its rebuild this bitch? Makes no sense.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:44 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Count me in the camp of not being a big fan of Heinicke. Limited arm and history says he will get hurt sooner rather than later. I suspect we'll see Kyle Allen very soon. Losing your starting QB is always a tough thing to overcome.
Heinicke has been able to move the offense in each game. I don't really worry about the arm strength part. As for injuries, at this point our qbs all are injury prone. Multiple seasons with 3+ qbs , that is just crazy.

My fear is that defenses will figure him out, but truthfully I don't know if he has figured himself out yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:45 PM   #22
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Fitz only gets us to .500? Lots of predictions had WFT winning the division and making a run in the playoffs. Fitz wasn't going to be around in five years, he's a short term solution who's a legit NFL QB. Now its rebuild this bitch? Makes no sense.
You could win this division at .500

No one had us going 13 and 4 or some shit. IMO the offense was always still a work in progress and Fitz was a stop gap.

Lets say Fitz id done for the year, do you really think he is coming back here next year? I think he is playing golf with Alex Smith and count their DS money.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:53 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Heinicke has been able to move the offense in each game. I don't really worry about the arm strength part. As for injuries, at this point our qbs all are injury prone. Multiple seasons with 3+ qbs , that is just crazy.

My fear is that defenses will figure him out, but truthfully I don't know if he has figured himself out yet.

TH to me is another Colt McCoy. Sure you can win some games with him, but the biggest factor is health. He's got to stay in the lineup.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #24
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I've been super torn and super back and forth on this, but I'm warming to the idea of Cam Newton. The BIGGEST problem I have with him is being a big distraction. He's got to have enough left (for now) to not waste a year of what it supposed to be a nasty defense.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:57 PM   #25
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
TH to me is another Colt McCoy. Sure you can win some games with him, but the biggest factor is health. He's got to stay in the lineup.
He seems more than Colt to me.

RF had not generated much in way of sustained drives. TH got a FG before half, a TD with the first drive of the second half, got us to the 22 before Scherff's penalty, and then had AG fumble it. Those were good drives against a good defense. He did the same kind of thing against Tampa's defense. Both games our vaunted defense let the team down.
The only way we get to see about his health is putting him in and letting him play.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:04 PM   #26
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I've been super torn and super back and forth on this, but I'm warming to the idea of Cam Newton. The BIGGEST problem I have with him is being a big distraction. He's got to have enough left (for now) to not waste a year of what it supposed to be a nasty defense.
Cam is definitely not coming in. Ron has passed over him multiple times now, plus there's the vaccination issue. Not going to happen.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:32 PM   #27
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He seems more than Colt to me.

RF had not generated much in way of sustained drives. TH got a FG before half, a TD with the first drive of the second half, got us to the 22 before Scherff's penalty, and then had AG fumble it. Those were good drives against a good defense. He did the same kind of thing against Tampa's defense. Both games our vaunted defense let the team down.
The only way we get to see about his health is putting him in and letting him play.

Actually I'll take back the Colt comparison since it's really not fair. TH will be making his 2nd regular season start on Thurs and in the grand scheme of things is still very unproven. He doesn't even have a resume worth comparing to anyone yet. He's a 28 year old rookie in terms of playing experience. Given our luck this should go great lol
Old 09-13-2021, 03:34 PM   #28
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Lightbulb Re: Week 2 - the Rebound

If Leno is playing LT like that, let's move Cosmi there now. He was drafted to play LT, let's him play LT.

Let Leno, Charles, and Lucas compete at RT.

Should have kept Moses.

Cosmi, Flowers, Roullier, Scherff, Moses sounds pretty good right now.

Note - I know Cosmi wasn't great yesterday but he was going against an absolute beast in Bosa.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:44 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/i/status/1437493099702403072

HMMM
Old 09-13-2021, 03:56 PM   #30
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Actually I'll take back the Colt comparison since it's really not fair. TH will be making his 2nd regular season start on Thurs and in the grand scheme of things is still very unproven. He doesn't even have a resume worth comparing to anyone yet. He's a 28 year old rookie in terms of playing experience. Given our luck this should go great lol
I agree we have no track record that says TH is the next great find. I doubt he is. BUT his play in limited games seems to warrant giving him a shot. It can't be worse than last year.