Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2020, 08:37 PM   #16
kct1975
The Starter
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,601
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
That is certified asshole move lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Semi-aggressive left lane driver here, can't stand that shit lol. Especially when there's only 2 cars holding up 20, which is common on the parkway.
Just remember...The speed limit is 50 MPH on the Fairfax County Parkway and it is the "Happy Hunting Grounds" for the Fairfax County Police...

I got a Really Nasty Ticket on the Fairfax County Parkway in the early 2000's for going 20 over the 50 MPH speed limit

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #17
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,586
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
Just remember...The speed limit is 50 MPH on the Fairfax County Parkway and it is the "Happy Hunting Grounds" for the Fairfax County Police...

I got a Really Nasty Ticket on the Fairfax County Parkway in the early 2000's for going 20 over the 50 MPH speed limit

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Me too brah. 2009, was taking my brah to Redskins training camp back when it was at Redskins Park. 69 in a 50. Got no breaks that day. Nowadays I travel it so much I know where all the hotspots are at. Besides, I don't push it too much. doing 60 on the parkway has never gotten me in trouble as long as everybody else was doing the same.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:20 PM   #18
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,329
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Semi-aggressive left lane driver here, can't stand that shit lol. Especially when there's only 2 cars holding up 20, which is common on the parkway.
I'm getting soft in my old age, i don't drive very fast anymore, but I'm definitely still at least a few MPHs over the limit on freeways and roads with higher speed limits.

The left lane is for people willing to take their chances though.
__________________
Soon to be sdredwolvesfan2001 aka artist formerly known as sdskinsfan2001
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #19
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,059
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
So a popular discussion website has a thread titled "AITA: Am I the A**hole?" where people will post a story and ask the question .. am I the a**hole in this situation? Something happened yesterday that made me wonder whether perhaps I was the a hole in the situation.



After work I stop by my beer store. The parking lot was pretty full as the first 8-10 rows had cars parked in them. So I park about 12 spots up the aisle. As I get out and start walking, I see a car pull in to the lot, stop for a second then park in a handicap spot.



By the time the guy is getting out I was walking past his car. He was a young 20 something guy. No handicap plates or card hanging from the mirror. Seemed like a fit young guy who hopped out of his car no problem.



I am maybe 5 steps ahead of him. Hes following behind me and apparently going into the beer store as well.



I get to the door, open it then make sure I close it not right in his face but basically right in his face.



Am I the a**hole here?


Fuck him. I would have probably reminded him he was parked in a handicapped spot too....than when he ignored it the door close would have been even more justified.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #20
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 16,619
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

While anyone who takes a handicapped space and legitimately doesn't need it IS a huge a-hole...I've learned not to judge too quickly.

There are conditions like MS, MD, RA that can come and go and flare up badly at times and some people only need the handicapped space sometimes. You cant always go by the handicapped placards hanging from the mirror either, at least in Pennsylvania...they have plates now that are very subtle and look almost like normal PA plates.


Like others said, if you didn't tell him why you reacted, he'll never know why.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #21
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,252
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

True story , happen at the Monmouth Mall in NJ. My sister who is handicapped had taken her car to the shop and had my Mom's car. Went into the parking garage at MM and the "security detail" met her when she came out of the Mall into the parking garage,she has the tags on her car but my Mom does not and she forgot. The Mall Security detail called the Police on her to issue a summons , when they arrived my sister was outside the car and the Police saw her , told her to have a nice day and let her go ,not before tearing into Mall security,noting that once they knew of her handicap should have let it go.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #22
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,416
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
That is certified asshole move lol.
Definitely!
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #23
kct1975
The Starter
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,601
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Me too brah. 2009, was taking my brah to Redskins training camp back when it was at Redskins Park. 69 in a 50. Got no breaks that day. Nowadays I travel it so much I know where all the hotspots are at. Besides, I don't push it too much. doing 60 on the parkway has never gotten me in trouble as long as everybody else was doing the same.
So talk about an A$$ H0le move...

This morning I was driving to drop off my wife at her parents house before I went to work. I was doing 23 MPH, according to the digital flashing speed sign, on a road with a posted 25 MHP speed limit, and I got pulled over by the cop. He took about 10-15 minutes and the waved me off after telling me to "Watch your speed!" I replied "Yes Officer Sir" and then I said to my wife "WTF was that all about"

My personal opinion is the cop saw my license plate, ran my plate, and simply decided to waste a bit of time because of my past history of spending tickets.

No matter what...it jerk move.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #24
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 16,619
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Maybe you fit the description of someone who set a CVS Pharmacy or Popeye's Chicken on fire recently.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #25
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,274
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
So talk about an A$$ H0le move...

This morning I was driving to drop off my wife at her parents house before I went to work. I was doing 23 MPH, according to the digital flashing speed sign, on a road with a posted 25 MHP speed limit, and I got pulled over by the cop. He took about 10-15 minutes and the waved me off after telling me to "Watch your speed!" I replied "Yes Officer Sir" and then I said to my wife "WTF was that all about"

My personal opinion is the cop saw my license plate, ran my plate, and simply decided to waste a bit of time because of my past history of spending tickets.

No matter what...it jerk move.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
This is not a AITAH post. This is a grinding my gears post.


Wait? AITAH for pointing this out?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #26
kct1975
The Starter
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,601
Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This is not a AITAH post. This is a grinding my gears post.





Wait? AITAH for pointing this out?
LOL
Apparently to the Police...I Am the A$$H0!E

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.09737 seconds with 11 queries