Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-20-2021, 08:02 PM   #16
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: What Training Camp battles intrigue you the most?

First: thank you CRed for this thread ! After an offseason filled with non-football talks, good to be back to ball talk !

Low key battle, WR: who does/doesn't make out of Harmon, Wright, AGG and Sims Jr ?
Obviously, excited to see what Dyami Brown and Humphries have for us, and how we gonna use Curtis.

OL battle: it'll be interesting for sure, we have solid depth IMO, I think the only legit uncertainty is can Cosmi beat Leno for the LT starting job. Flowers, Roullier, Scherff and Lucas are pretty much locks in my book.

Edge rushers: We know who and how good our starters are... But what is our depth worth ? How much can we rotate the rookies in ?

Nickel CB: who gets the most snaps early on ? Can St Juste or Moreland step it up to play outside and allow Fuller to play Nickel where he seems to excel ?

Safeties: So, how are we actually going to use Collins ? I didn't think Landon played very well for us so far, but is Reaves a legit starting NFL safety or were we just happy he played better than expected last year ?

EDIT: completely forgot about Bobby McCain in my post, he's listed as a CB on WFT's website. Our DB squad is quite intriguing when it comes to who's gonna do what.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 07-21-2021 at 09:06 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #17
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
First: thank you CRed for this thread ! After an offseason filled with non-football talks, good to be back to ball talk !

Low key battle, WR: who does/doesn't make out of Harmon, Wright, AGG and Sims Jr ?

Obviously, excited to see what Dyami Brown and Humphries have for us, and how we gonna use Curtis.

OL battle: it'll be interesting for sure, we have solid depth IMO, I think the only legit uncertainty is can Cosmi beat Leno for the LT starting job. Flowers, Roullier, Scherff and Lucas are pretty much locks in my book.

Edge rushers: We know who and how good our starters are... But what is our depth worth ? How much can we rotate the rookies in ?

Nickel CB: who gets the most snaps early on ? Can St Juste or Moreland step it up to play outside and allow Fuller to play Nickel where he seems to excel ?

Safeties: So, how are we actually going to use Collins ? I didn't think Landon played very well for us so far, but is Reaves a legit starting NFL safety or were we just happy he played better than expected last year ?

EDIT: completely forgot about Bobby McCain in my post, he's listed as a CB on WFT's website. Our DB squad is quite intriguing when it comes to who's gonna do what.
Good breakdowns. This team has such potential. Every position has a starter plus good depth in my opinion. There may be a weak link somewhere, but I don't think it is in the starting 22.

I don't buy the whole QB issue at all. Fitzpatrick is miles above what we had last year and we have a defense and WRs that can bail him out if needed. Our defense beat SF with 0 qb play last year! I forget the stats but I think the defense had more than 10 second half shutouts last year. I am hoping for at least 2 home shutouts, we haven't had that in forever. If the defense plays like that and Fitz does even close to his Miami performances we win the division going away.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Going into camp, I’m gonna be locked on 2 guys getting post draft hype: CB St. Juste and WR Brown.

The 2 guys drafted in front of them are gonna come along at a different pace and will be impact player no doubt…but there is a something about these 3rd round picks that is special.

Listening to Keim interview and feedback from coaches, watch out if these two pick up playing time with the talent in front of them. It’s different if you can earn some starter reps or package reps with Terry Mac, Samuels, Humpy in front of you…or Fuller and Jackson. That’s different than beating out a Bostic or Lucas…

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:20 PM   #19
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Good breakdowns. This team has such potential. Every position has a starter plus good depth in my opinion. There may be a weak link somewhere, but I don't think it is in the starting 22.

I don't buy the whole QB issue at all. Fitzpatrick is miles above what we had last year and we have a defense and WRs that can bail him out if needed. Our defense beat SF with 0 qb play last year! I forget the stats but I think the defense had more than 10 second half shutouts last year. I am hoping for at least 2 home shutouts, we haven't had that in forever. If the defense plays like that and Fitz does even close to his Miami performances we win the division going away.

The only starting weak link for me is Bostic... but with our DB squad and the amount of Nickel we'll play, how much of a starter will he be ?
Still, we were awful against the run at times, so I'd have liked to feel 100% confortable about our 4-3 LBs.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:30 PM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
The only starting weak link for me is Bostic... but with our DB squad and the amount of Nickel we'll play, how much of a starter will he be ?

Still, we were awful against the run at times, so I'd have liked to feel 100% confortable about our 4-3 LBs.
I put faith in Rivera and JDR in terms of the rookie. He looks like exactly what the middle of the defense needed. That said if he busts then yeah our LBs become the weak link.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #21
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I put faith in Rivera and JDR in terms of the rookie. He looks like exactly what the middle of the defense needed. That said if he busts then yeah our LBs become the weak link.

I have faith in them too, and hope in Jarmin Davis... But with Holcomb that makes 2 competent LB. I'd have loved 3...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2021, 01:17 AM   #22
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I'm aware there has to be a reason the Dolphins basically gave us Ereck Flowers, but I think the main one is cap space.
Because every single time I put on All 22 version of Miami games, all I see from #75 is very, very solid play !

Some random good plays against the Chargers, week 10.

3 very good pass pro, the first again Linval Joseph:

And 2 good examples of Flowers being efficient and pro active in the run game, double team then second level blocks:

Old 07-22-2021, 06:48 AM   #23
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
I have faith in them too, and hope in Jarmin Davis... But with Holcomb that makes 2 competent LB. I'd have loved 3...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Excited to see what Davis can bring to the table. All the tools are there, especially with his size and speed. I could see this guy having a huge NFL career with WFT especially with Rivera/Del Rio coaching him.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:32 PM   #24
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/7/25/...amp-on-tuesday
Old 07-25-2021, 07:22 PM   #25
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Solid read.

I like that he has confidence Davis can be our Mike, keep Bostic off the field.
A lot of people raved about the rookie's work ethic, military family and all, maybe he can indeed be ready to call signals in September ?
Old 07-25-2021, 07:36 PM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Great article.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:53 PM   #27
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Just a reminder Al Galdi's podcast is a really good listen these days. He's doing a position by position "questions for Training Camp" count down.

Last episode (108) about QB. Will be interesting to see how much of a QB competition we really have. It's definitely Fitz job to have/lose, but will Heinicke have any 1st teams rep ? At least for competition/motivation purposes, does he get a few ?
Crazy how Allen was completely eclipsed of the mix.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:15 AM   #28
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
We have incredible depth at so many positions, it's hard to cut or bench some of these guys.

The article makes a great point that if we out Jarett Patterson or Sammis Reyes on PS, we'll likely lose them. We almost have to put them on the 53. I'd be inclined to let the ancient Lamar Miller go to keep Patterson. Reyes should probably be the #3 TE behind Logan and the rookie.

CB and safety is also another logjam.

CB: Jackson III, Fuller, St. Juste, Moreland, McCain, Stroman
Safeties: Curl, Collins, McCain, Everrett, Reaves, Forrest
Old 07-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

“I always hated playing him because he doesn’t give a crap,” an exec said. “He is 39 years old, has made plenty of money, he’s just out there slinging it around. Teams that played Miami last year were happy as all get-out when they put Tua in there. And now they have this amazing defense in Washington.”
Old 07-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #30
jamf
Pro Bowl

Lord send us a punt returner!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote