Playmaker

Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agents Rumors and Reports-Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Don't get carried away with camp bodies like Stokley

What makes Jarmon a solid dlineman

What makes Gaffney a mediocre WR

What about Josh Wilson
I suppose in fairness if I'm going to call gaffney mediocre the same should apply to jarmon. They're both.... Average.

Regarding Wilson, my problem is his size. He and hall are both tiny. We dont have a big physical corner on our roster.

I know free agency has just started, but were certainly not off to a strong start.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #17
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I suppose in fairness if I'm going to call gaffney mediocre the same should apply to jarmon. They're both.... Average.

Regarding Wilson, my problem is his size. He and hall are both tiny. We dont have a big physical corner on our roster.

I know free agency has just started, but were certainly not off to a strong start.
Nate Clements (6'0"/206 lbs) should be available tomorrow when he gets released by the 49ers.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #18
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
I'm just waiting for a signing that makes sense. So far the only solid move in my opinion was trading mcnabb for two sixth rounders.

ALL the wr moves are highly questionable. We've signed a ton of receivers but none of them constitute a clear upgrade over what we had last year.

We traded one cheap and solid dlineman for a mediocre receiver because he allegedly didn't fit in our system.... Yet we sign a dlineman who doesn't fit our system to a huge contract.

We signed a crappy third string qb when we already have one of those as out incumbent starter.

None (edit: one) of our draft picks are signed and now you guys are applauding the signing of a 38 year old kicker?

Am I the only one shaking my head here?
I mostly agree with you.

But we need a punter and Rocca, despite his age, is a pretty good one. It's not like we were looking for a young franchise punter to last us for years to come.

Wilson is a good signing as well.

Hopefully we have saved the real fireworks for Thursday, including signing all of the rooks.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #19
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I'm just waiting for a signing that makes sense. So far the only solid move in my opinion was trading mcnabb for two sixth rounders.

We traded one cheap and solid dlineman for a mediocre receiver because he allegedly didn't fit in our system.... Yet we sign a dlineman who doesn't fit our system

Am I the only one shaking my head here?
You aren't waiting on a move that makes sense, you're waiting on boneheaded FA moves we've done all so many times. It's not your fault, Vinny conditioned the fan base to come to expect those types of FA blunders. These moves make great sense. Three rookie WRs and a shortened off-season for them to learn the offense. Why do you think he's bringing in guys that know the system?

Jarmon solid? What part of his game so far makes him solid? Because Vinny pissed away a 3rd rounder for him? He doesn't fit this system and getting and getting a productive WR was a steal for us.

The only guys that would be shaking their head right now is Vinny. We'd signed 4 out the 5 top free agents and overpaid as normal. Good thing those days are long gone. It'll be ok bro, lots of trash to still clean up around here. Give them time.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:02 AM   #20
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You aren't waiting on a move that makes sense, you're waiting on boneheaded FA moves we've done all so many times. It's not your fault, Vinny conditioned the fan base to come to expect those types of FA blunders. These moves make great sense. Three rookie WRs and a shortened off-season for them to learn the offense. Why do you think he's bringing in guys that know the system?

Jarmon solid? What part of his game so far makes him solid? Because Vinny pissed away a 3rd rounder for him? He doesn't fit this system and getting and getting a productive WR was a steal for us.

The only guys that would be shaking their head right now is Vinny. We'd signed 4 out the 5 top free agents and overpaid as normal. Good thing those days are long gone. It'll be ok bro, lots of trash to still clean up around here. Give them time.
Getting Yanda would have been a big move that would have made sense. I think people expected something like this or a move to get a QB. I doubt any knowledgeable fan would expect Vinny-esque FA moves. There is still plenty of time to get a starting guard, hopefully sign J. Brown, and get a NT (Jenkins).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #21
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Getting Yanda would have been a big move that would have made sense. I think people expected something like this or a move to get a QB. I doubt any knowledgeable fan would expect Vinny-esque FA moves. There is still plenty of time to get a starting guard, hopefully sign J. Brown, and get a NT (Jenkins).
Yanda had no intentions of leaving Baltimore and we were in on the bidding for him. You don't think paying a OG to the tune of 8 -9 mil per season isn't Vinnyesque? We tried and he decided to stay home. What QB you want us to go get? Spend more draft picks on another QB like we did McDummy? We tried Lienart and they even looked into getting Orton. Relax bro, Brown and Jenkins are still being negotiated. We don't bid against ourselves anymore.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #22
jonny5dicky

Jabar Gaffney has great hands and is a true professional...surely not average, great signing by Redskins and he's reunited with his college teammate the great Rex Grossman, you Redskins fans need to love our quarterback for Rex will exceed Brad Johnson's statistics from 1999, Rex is the gunslinger you just can't handle
jonny5dicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:50 AM   #23
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
SS just as I posted for you to get sleep my wife's water broke.going to be a long wonderful night.
Congratulations dude ... great timing too lol

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:51 AM   #24
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

good points -- I'll be honest and say I'm not really behind all these WR signings but if it works out then all the better

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:36 AM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
SS just as I posted for you to get sleep my wife's water broke.going to be a long wonderful night.
Congrats MR!

Well now that our Aussie quota has been met with the Sav Rocca signing, we can get to signing the fat boys and our draft picks. Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #26
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Congrats.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #27
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Congrats.
congrats as well!

just heard on my way out the door....fat al to the patriots for a 5th in 2013
per adam schefter! cheers guys!
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #28
O-RaK
Camp Scrub

Skins finally get rid of Fat Al.

Traded him to NE for a 5th rounder in 2013.
O-RaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #29
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5dicky View Post
Jabar Gaffney has great hands and is a true professional...surely not average, great signing by Redskins and he's reunited with his college teammate the great Rex Grossman, you Redskins fans need to love our quarterback for Rex will exceed Brad Johnson's statistics from 1999, Rex is the gunslinger you just can't handle
Jonny, thats you sig

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #30
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I don't dislike Rex, but Beck will be our starter. Did I miss something or is Rex still unsigned?