Redskins Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #211
MTK
‎\m/

re: Mega-Merge: 2010 Free Agency Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We need to give up the 1st rounder and try and make a run at this punk.
No thanks Vinny

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #212
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Where Julius Peppers, Darren Sproles, NFL free agents will sign - Don Banks - SI.com

Julius Peppers, defensive end

Where he will sign: Washington -- The Redskins are poised to come after the ex-Panthers franchise player with their go-to combination of Daniel Snyder's private jet and a Brink's truck, which seems to work every time. Washington has been signing the biggest available fish in free agency for so long now we really can't remember when the Redskins weren't the market setters.

Darren Sproles, running back

Where he will sign: Washington -- The Chargers came to the conclusion that as a situational back, Sproles wasn't worth the $7 million-plus price tag he was in line for if they tendered him as a restricted free agent. But Mike Shanahan covets him from his days competing against San Diego in the AFC West, and the Redskins have been known to overpay for skill players in free agency (Antwaan Randle El and Brandon Lloyd come to mind).

Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #213
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Where Julius Peppers, Darren Sproles, NFL free agents will sign - Don Banks - SI.com

Julius Peppers, defensive end

Where he will sign: Washington -- The Redskins are poised to come after the ex-Panthers franchise player with their go-to combination of Daniel Snyder's private jet and a Brink's truck, which seems to work every time. Washington has been signing the biggest available fish in free agency for so long now we really can't remember when the Redskins weren't the market setters.

Darren Sproles, running back

Where he will sign: Washington -- The Chargers came to the conclusion that as a situational back, Sproles wasn't worth the $7 million-plus price tag he was in line for if they tendered him as a restricted free agent. But Mike Shanahan covets him from his days competing against San Diego in the AFC West, and the Redskins have been known to overpay for skill players in free agency (Antwaan Randle El and Brandon Lloyd come to mind).

My dog could have written this article.
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Old 03-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #214
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

^^ That's the truth ^^
Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #215
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
No thanks Vinny
lol. I'd rather have Marshall than over paying for a underachieving 30 year old DE that doesn't care about football.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #216
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
My dog could have written this article.
Not agreeing with it, just passing along the predictions. I'd prefer Dansby and Chester Taylor.

SI writers typically are crap...no breaking news there.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #217
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Ok I have a question for anyone who may know the answer.

What will happen next year with all of the tendered players? You can only recieve the tender once correct? So all of these guys who do not sign long term deals will become UFAs at the end of the 2010 season. Is this correct?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #218
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Except that Real Madrid is more successful than we are.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #219
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

The Rams are reportedly "seriously considering" placing the lowest possible tender on restricted free agent FS O.J. Atogwe.

The tender is called "right of first refusal," and would allow St. Louis to match any offer sheet Atogwe receives, but give the team no draft pick in return.

The Skins have coveted this guy for years,with no compensation to sign him, its a NO BRAINER he is the best FA FS.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #220
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
The Rams are reportedly "seriously considering" placing the lowest possible tender on restricted free agent FS O.J. Atogwe.

The tender is called "right of first refusal," and would allow St. Louis to match any offer sheet Atogwe receives, but give the team no draft pick in return.

The Skins have coveted this guy for years,with no compensation to sign him, its a NO BRAINER he is the best FA FS.
I haven't done much research on him but if he truly is the best FA FS, why wouldn't they want some compensation?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #221
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Well if he was coveted by us before Haslett got here then I am sure he still is.

Just heard on NFL radio though that they have until June to make on an offer to him. There is some kind of clause in the CBA the NFL will be working off of come tommorrow. So I wouldn't expect the news on him to come down anytime soon.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #222
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Not agreeing with it, just passing along the predictions. I'd prefer Dansby and Chester Taylor.

SI writers typically are crap...no breaking news there.
Somebody posted this article somewhere else. The part about Sproles killed me. Banks says that he SHOULD sign with the Eagles, even though the reasons why that he listed are the same reasons why he should come to Washington (change of pace back, return game, etc., etc.)
R.I.P. #21

Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #223
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Matt Mosely is ahead of the curve when it comes to speculation concerning the Redskins. Instead of talking about Snyder making moves he mentions Shanahan. Personally I'm tired of the media making it look like Snyder is running the personnel side of things at this point in time. Only problem with Mosley though is no mention of Allen who will probably be putting together the contracts.

Quote:
"This is a difficult team to get a grasp on in terms of what they might do in free agency, but I think it is safe to say that ownership will not hold Mike Shanahan and company back from opening up the check book and signing (and even overpaying) players whom they desire. ... The Redskins have a long wish list, but also have the ownership to endorse big spending when free agency opens."

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 03-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #224
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Matt Mosely is ahead of the curve when it comes to speculation concerning the Redskins. Instead of talking about Snyder making moves he mentions Shanahan. Personally I'm tired of the media making it look like Snyder is running the personnel side of things at this point in time. Only problem with Mosley though is no mention of Allen who will probably be putting together the contracts.
Agreed. It's like give the team the benefit of the doubt. There has obviously been a major overhaul in the front office, and two people (BA and MS) have been given the power to make all football decisions. You would imagine that some things may be changing, and that maybe they should used the same overused cliche's they've used on this team for the past 10 years.
R.I.P. #21

Stroried - Agianst

Old 03-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #225
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Well, it has always been said that Shanny has the final say so in a way he is pretty accurate.

I have no doubt that this is Shanahan's show with Bruce Allen offering plenty of input along with handling the fiscal side, and Snyder being consulted on the dollar amount that can conceivably be commited to players.

That does not seem like a dysfunctional process to me. Isn't this now New England does it?
Closed Thread