Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Mega-Merge: 2010 Free Agency Rumors and Reports Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #811
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Mega-Merge: 2010 Free Agency Rumors and Reports Thread

I don't know if anybody remembers how badly I wanted Ma'ake Kemoeatu back in 2006, but he's probably an even better scheme fit today.

Not as dominant of a player, but more capable of filling the "hole" we have up front. Quoted becuase a team with Haynesworth really doesn't have a hole up front.

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #812
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I'd have to imagine so, especially with the roster blow up, can't see us replacing 2 spots in FA and going in with just Portis. I'm wondering who we're looking at in FA aside from the Sproles rumors.
Well seems like rumors have floated about Brian Westbrook, Willie Parker, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Thomas Jones. My understanding is that none of them are serious though. I mean I think what some of these guys are going for and what we're offering are pretty far apart. So something would have to give.

I have heard there's a running back who will probably be cut soon that we could be interested in. I'm still trying to figure out who that is.

Have heard Ryan Torain also
Old 03-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #813
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well seems like rumors have floated about Brian Westbrook, Willie Parker, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Thomas Jones. My understanding is that none of them are serious though. I mean I think what some of these guys are going for and what we're offering are pretty far apart. So something would have to give.

I have heard there's a running back who will probably be cut soon that we could be interested in. I'm still trying to figure out who that is.

Have heard Ryan Torain also
Yeah those seem to be the popular throw around names, well other than Torain, seem mostly unsubstantiated, for the time at least though, other than the visit we have coming from Parker.

Interested in hearing who the soon cut RB is once you find out.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #814
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Any reports that the Titans might be shopping Lendale after his play me or get rid of me comments?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #815
celts32
Playmaker

Torain was a big fantasy football sleeper Shanny's last year in Denver. The talk that whole off season was how much he loved him.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
Old 03-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #816
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I think it's funny how all this is transpiring. Normally the Skins are first to make noise and it's been that way for years now. Yes it's nice to see and hear that they have picked up a new toy to play with and have dreams of grandure but it has amounted to nill all those years. Meanwhile we watched teams like the Patriots be frugal with there spending and win championships.

When Cerrato was let go and Allen named a number of people were excited, including myself. Part of our problems had been solved. Then Shanahan was named and we knew the team would be in good hands. Simply put whether we spent money and brought in players like before or not didn't matter, we finally had something different then the status quo from the GM down. However there were a few of the fans who were still not on board. Refused to believe a new dawn had begun. Didn't want to throw faith in the wind for fear it would get blown away like before. It was even mentioned that depending on how the team handled the situation after FA started would depend if they were on board the bandwagon again or not. Basically you folks didn't want the same status quo when the bell sounded.

The FA bell came and went and they are not throwing money around as in the past. They have not signed the big named FA's in hopes they solve the problem. For once there is silence. It's nice not to be the team over spending and getting ridiculed about it. The big question is why would anyone need anymore proof that things have changed and this is a new beginning? Perhaps our thought process's were in full reverse with the mind set that by picking up the new shinny toy and putting it on the field was a "PLAN" when in reality it was not, it was chaos. The mere fact that they have not done those things that were status quo tells me they have a plan and executing it as expected.

Let the silence be defining with a smile on our faces.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #817
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Here's a list on dcprosportsreport.com as to players supposedly visitin.

Skins l DC Pro Sports Report
Old 03-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #818
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Let's hope that Grossman rumor stays a rumor. He had his shot. Instead, he gave Mr. overhyped-and-terrible-in-the-playoffs Peyton Manning a ring and an inflated reputation.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #819
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Hatin on Peyton out of nowhere
Old 03-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #820
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes, he's overhyped

Anyway, back to reality. I'd be fine with Grossman as a back up. Although if JC is not moved, and Grossman comes in as a backup, and with Shanny most likely drafting a QB somewhere in this draft, I can see you know who as the odd man out.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #821
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Nope, just the facts. He's a monster in regular season and average or worse in the postseason. Colts' O averages an abysmal amount of points in the postseason, and back then he had Marvin Harrison and stuff to throw to.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #822
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Nope, just the facts. He's a monster in regular season and average or worse in the postseason. Colts' O averages an abysmal amount of points in the postseason, and back then he had Marvin Harrison and stuff to throw to.
He's .500 in the playoffs, for the earlier part of this record he had to go up against the likes of New England and very talented AFC playoff teams (i.e. Pittsburgh and San Diego). While he had top notch receivers, he always had a weak running and no defense. But anyway, back to the subject of the thread.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #823
SBXVII
Franchise Player

More news on Twitter.....

John Keim (john_keim) on Twitter

Allen has had a prelim talk with Barry Sims OT/OG
Old 03-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #824
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Saw this on another site.... No link though.

Quote:
RT @Russellmania09: One last #Redskins #NFL Free Agency note for now, Casey Wiegmann & #Redskins have officially moved on.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #825
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

From what I've read so far it seems like most of you are in denial about how "this new approach" to the offseason is going.

Let's do a quick recap on our team right now:

-We have a quarterback who everyone loves in the offseason untill about week 3 where we realize wow.. this kid just cannot make a proper decision.

-Then we have arguably the worst oline in the league and really with the retirement of Samuels and the decline of Thomas not one true olinemen that could spend atleast 3 years in our franchise at a high level.

-Oh and let's not forget our receivers who looked so promising in college that lack development to the next level.

-Let's not get into our current runningback situation since we only have one beat up "once good" rb on our roster at the moment.

-Then we have our "Hard-hitting, skilled" FS Laron Landry, who lost us a game against the Superbowl champs? I don't care what anyone says, if we'd have won that game we would have had a smile on our face all offseason. The need here is to get another FS, get Laron on SS and let him try to cause fumbles (very unlikely).

-Now for some reason we feel like we should try a 3-4 defence. Sure I like the idea, but it's too bad that would require atleast 2 skilled linebackers added on top of our current group. (Orakpo, Fletcher, Rocky, ?, ?) Let's not kid ourselves with this whole DE moving to OLB thing (Alexander), it just won't work.

-Basically our strong points are, the dline,corners and linebackers in a 4-3, but not 3-4.

So now let's think of how we could improve, well getting a guy like Karlos Dansby would have been a good idea, but that's gone. The addition of Larry Foote would be good, so let's hope this happens. A guy like Chad Clifton regardless of his age would have been good but that didn't work out, a guy like Ryan Clark would be a good addition, but we've made no move so far.
So that leaves us with this "deep" draft class and only 5 picks.
#1, Qb or LT
#2, RB
#4, OL **Likely wouldn't start
#5, LB **Likely wouldn't start
#7, Who really cares because they certainly won't start.

As you guys can see even with the draft all said and done that leaves us with 3 or 4 huge holes in our roster. Now I'm not really trying to go off on a rant which I'm sure I did but, the point is we need to sign free agents and we need to trade, the draft just won't cut it and it confuses me how some of you dont' understand that. Anyways go Redskins and let's hope that these two ex- superbowl winners (MS and BA) get their phones going much faster!
Closed Thread