He Gets Us

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #47
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Bruce Out??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I do not see stadium builder in BA’s resume. How many stadiums did he help his former teams build?

I see a polarizing insecure man who has ridden his daddy’s coat tails for to long. The only way the Redskins get a new stadium is turning around their tarnished image. Not exactly Allen’s strength. Sentiment in DC area for tax payer help to build a new stadium for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen’s Redskins will not go far at this time. Dan has to distance himself from BA.

Add the lease at the current Stadium is through 2027. He is going to be with the Redksins until then? I hope not.

Good grief. Stadiums don’t get built very often. I don’t think there are ANY NFL execs out there have negotiated new stadium deals who are not currently employed. So a person with the resume you cite does not exist.

Bruce knows all the parties involved and, supposedly, has a very good reputation with DC politicians. He’s someone they know and have worked with for years. Unless it’s determined that BRUCE is the reason a stadium deal hasn’t gotten done yet, then it doesn’t make sense to remove him and bring in someone new when he’s neck deep in things, especially if all the parties involved have good relationships. To do so would be like drafting a rookie QB and forcing him on a head coach in a year he must win or be fired. It’s doomed for failure.

As far as how long Bruce would stay on working on the stadium deal - as long as necessary until the deal is done. If he’s not involved in football operations, then it doesn’t matter at all. He’ll have the same impact on the football side of things if the stadium deal takes 1 year or 10 - ZERO.

Sadly, it seems that many here are allowing their emotions and desire to see allens head on a stick to could rational thought.

I will only be alarmed if, after the new organization structure is announced, Bruce has people in Football Ops (executive Team president, GM, or HC) reporting to him.

My guess based on reports out there is that we’ll have someone from the outside (not beholden to bruce) coming in to be the the top executive. Bruce may report to him directly and be focused only on the stadium deal. Then maybe Schaffer or Smith is promoted to GM. It’s a good separation of future with Bruce having no influence in football stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:18 AM   #48
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Please noooooo

Agreed. Riddick has no experience and seems like someone who would just be a “yes man” to Snyder. No thanks. We need a strong executive with enough credibility to keep Snyder at bay.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I do not see stadium builder in BA’s resume. How many stadiums did he help his former teams build? Teams that needed new stadiums.
I see a polarizing insecure man who has ridden his daddy’s coat tails for to long. The only way the Redskins get a new stadium is turning around their tarnished image. Not exactly Allen’s strength. Sentiment in DC area for tax payer help to build a new stadium for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen’s Redskins will not go far at this time. Dan has to distance himself from BA.
Add the lease at the current Stadium is through 2027. He is going to be with the Redksins until then? I hope not.
This

The fact Bruce has engaged in multiple power struggles as well as character smear folks on the way out shows he isn’t a good person and lacks discipline needed to guide an org. This goes beyond his basic failures at his job.

The only way is if Bruce is gone period. Reassignment would be the Redskins still doing Redskins things.

He Gets Us
Old 12-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #50
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I've been involved in enough businesses to know it is not irrational to fire a a failed executive rather than to reassign him. Bruce, as President was responsible for the culture of the organization. If a cultural change is desired, then he must go or the current culture will persist instead of being repudiated.
You don't want that snake slithering around the building in any capacity after he is removed from football operations. Leaving him around poses too many risks. We aren't talking about a high character human being who is loved by all, we are talking about Bruce Allen.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:21 AM   #51
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Really bizarre that ANY other NFL franchise would be looking at bringing Allen in any capacity. I can't believe it.

Yeah i don’t believe that story. I would guess the skins (or Allen himself) put that out there in advance of his “resignation” or role change to drum up some interest in some kind or role elsewhere in the league.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Allen just needs to go away. Why would you want him doing business affairs when all the agents dislike him? Just fire him like you did Gruden.

Snyder wants the stadium in DC I believe. What ties does Allen have w/ the liberal DC govt? None as far as I know. His brother is a known racist and is out of politics so I'm not sure why Dan needs him, except to be drinking buds. I don't see any connections for DC or MD. Maybe VA...
Old 12-29-2019, 11:37 AM   #53
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Bruce would be useful as a tackling dummy, just think of the boost to off season workout attendance, TW would be at the front of the line on day 1.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #54
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Really bizarre that ANY other NFL franchise would be looking at bringing Allen in any capacity. I can't believe it.

He’s actually well respected as business executive, as a football guy not so much

Old 12-29-2019, 12:23 PM   #55
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Jay Glazer seems to speculate BA could move to the business side of things. I hope not!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #56
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Please noooooo
Agreed. I don't want Riddick here, no way.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #57
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Agreed. I don't want Riddick here, no way.
I would have no issues with Riddick. He is well respected and can rebuild burned bridges.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #58
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Allen just needs to go away. Why would you want him doing business affairs when all the agents dislike him? Just fire him like you did Gruden.

Snyder wants the stadium in DC I believe. What ties does Allen have w/ the liberal DC govt? None as far as I know. His brother is a known racist and is out of politics so I'm not sure why Dan needs him, except to be drinking buds. I don't see any connections for DC or MD. Maybe VA...
Exactly right. Knowing Dan, a childhood Redskins fan during RFK glory days, he wants his new stadium on the old RFK grounds. The classic TV shot of RFK near the national monuments is priceless.
MD and VA is strip malls and traffic. How did Landover work out?
With the political turnover Allen is not plugged in politically anymore, in fact his unpopularity in DC area make him a political liability for any politician.
Dan needs to fire BA and hire a legitimate Media relation and Political relations firm that specializes in these type projects. Not Bruce Allen. Would you put BA in charge anything after what he did to the Redskins? Not a logical choice.
Who in their right mind would think Bruce is top choice? Even Dan can see that from his yacht.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:06 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins Twitter says Rivera is the guy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #60
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Redskins Twitter says Rivera is the guy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm not sure I buy the Twitter talk but who knows. With the Giants looking like they're going to move on from their coach, why wouldn't he go there where he has a relationship with the GM? He has no ties here at all.
Closed Thread