Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:38 AM   #1006
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Are the things he reports inaccurate? I have only really started using twitter the past couple weeks, but so far, everything he's reported has been spot on. In fact, he has been the first to report a number of things.

I personally like Keim, Finlay, and Sheehan/Loverro, but I can't say any of them offer more or less insight than anyone else.
I know during the season he reported something along the lines that Bruce was supposed to be on his way out or something like that (which got all of us excited). But I don't remember seeing anyone else reporting. I feel there's been a few things like that.

Now he reports about Callahan and Tomasula being on their way out, but then Keim reports that as far he knows, Callahan is still under contract.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #1007
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
he's a drama queen too.
that too.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #1008
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I know during the season he reported something along the lines that Bruce was supposed to be on his way out or something like that (which got all of us excited). But I don't remember seeing anyone else reporting. I feel there's been a few things like that.

Now he reports about Callahan and Tomasula being on their way out, but then Keim reports that as far he knows, Callahan is still under contract.
Russell reported that Callahan WANTS out. Other reporters/analysts/talking heads have hinted that there issues related to Callahan during the regular season. Callahan being under contract does not conflict with any of that.

Regarding Bruce, there have been rumblings from a number of sources for weeks saying they believed he would be moved to a non-football ops position.

Again, I don't see how Russell's comments are any different.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #1009
dej733
Camp Scrub

Former NFL Executive Michael Lombardi had this to say on 106.7 The Fan

Old 01-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #1010
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Chris Russel:

I don't know if #Redskins are interested in Gregg Williams. I think they like the idea but maybe not what comes with it. BUT they would be crazy not to be. They need his aggressiveness, kick-ass mentality & swagger along with his abrasive personality to wake some people up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GW doesn't fit the BS culture of Redskin Park. It ain't happening.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #1011
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
GW doesn't fit the BS culture of Redskin Park. It ain't happening.
Agreed. Aside from the fact that Danny would surely veto it, Jay is not going to want to bring in anyone who could be a threat to him.

At this point, I am quite content to let Bruce and Jay continue to make things worse. Its the only chance we have of ever escaping the sustained mediocrity.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #1012
dej733
Camp Scrub

"They have no culture in Washington. Let's be real honest. If I was Dan Snyder, I'd get on an airplane and I'd go down and see Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and I'd offer him a $15-million-a-year contract for 10 years and tell him to run my team and I'd win. They have no culture. They haven't had a culture since Snyder's been there. He's anti-culture. He's all about players not developing a culture. And Bruce [Allen] has been the general manager under the disguise as a football guy. And let's face it, Bruce never did any football with the Raiders when I worked there. He never was involved in player personnel. You get what you want and I think that's what they got"

https://twitter.com/_JakeRussell/sta...07069937569793
Old 01-10-2019, 12:38 PM   #1013
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej733 View Post

"They have no culture in Washington. Let's be real honest. If I was Dan Snyder, I'd get on an airplane and I'd go down and see Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and I'd offer him a $15-million-a-year contract for 10 years and tell him to run my team and I'd win. They have no culture. They haven't had a culture since Snyder's been there. He's anti-culture. He's all about players not developing a culture. And Bruce [Allen] has been the general manager under the disguise as a football guy. And let's face it, Bruce never did any football with the Raiders when I worked there. He never was involved in player personnel. You get what you want and I think that's what they got"

yup

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #1014
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Man I'd love to have Dabo but even he would say NOPE
Old 01-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #1015
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/09/red...e-from-browns/
Old 01-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #1016
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Russell reported that Callahan WANTS out. Other reporters/analysts/talking heads have hinted that there issues related to Callahan during the regular season. Callahan being under contract does not conflict with any of that.

Regarding Bruce, there have been rumblings from a number of sources for weeks saying they believed he would be moved to a non-football ops position.

Again, I don't see how Russell's comments are any different.

But all these “reports” that we all keep reading don’t mean squat until something actually happens.....and three weeks into the offseason NOTHING has. Meanwhile everyone else is making moves, interviewing coaches, and settling their staffs.....

At this point I’ll believe it when I see it, but with Gruden announcing he’ll be back, and the fact that Snyder could have made a decision on Bruce at ANY time during the season, and didn’t, tells me nothing is changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #1017
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej733 View Post
And Bruce [Allen] has been the general manager under the disguise as a football guy. And let's face it, Bruce never did any football with the Raiders when I worked there. He never was involved in player personnel. You get what you want and I think that's what they got"

I have a sneaking suspicion that Snyder is the real GM.

One of our disgruntled players said someone other than Gruden was deciding on who got playing time.

Jay mentioned in a press conference that the coaches and front office need to get on the same page.

I heard someone say that during the Doug Williams Special on ESPN, you can see Snyder sitting in the draft room looking at player evaluations.

Our current draft strategy is "Lets draft the best Alabama player available!".

Bruce Allen is here to get a new stadium and pick which color pants the team wears.

Dan Snyder is our real GM.

I am wearing a tinfoil hat but there is some truth to this.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #1018
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that Snyder is the real GM.

One of our disgruntled players said someone other than Gruden was deciding on who got playing time.

Jay mentioned in a press conference that the coaches and front office need to get on the same page.

I heard someone say that during the Doug Williams Special on ESPN, you can see Snyder sitting in the draft room looking at player evaluations.

Our current draft strategy is "Lets draft the best Alabama player available!".

Bruce Allen is here to get a new stadium and pick which color pants the team wears.

Dan Snyder is our real GM.

I am wearing a tinfoil hat but there is some truth to this.

I agree, BA really does the numbers like contracts and stuff. I think Dan is still pulling a lot of personal decisions but it is wildly unpopular for him to be seen doing that publicly that is why BA is his mouthpiece.

This team will never be healthy until Dan takes a hike.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #1019
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:

Honestly speaking, I believe Bill Callahan is far & away the best coach on this staff.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #1020
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

I heard less than an hour ago they were both let out of their contracts. I cannot name a source as I was radio station flipping while driving in the backwoods of Central Virginia, it was most likely on ESPN or Fox sports radio. Also radio stations around here have a short range and fade in and out, so sometimes I listen through static.
Closed Thread