Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Blockbuster: Melo to Knicks. Deron Williams to Nets

Other Sports

Old 02-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
12thMan
MVP

Blockbuster: Melo to Knicks. Deron Williams to Nets

So the East just got more intriguing with Derron Williams being shipped off to the Nets today and Melo to the Knicks yesterday.

Personally, I think the Nets got the better basketball player in Deron Williams and possibly the best point man in the game. Now they just have to build around him, which shouldn't be hard with the Russian bankrolling the organization.

What do you guys think?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Blockbuster: Melo to Knicks. Deron Williams to Nets

Awesome. I'm glad the East is so strong. Now I can bitch and moan about being in a tough conference while watching the Wizards struggle. I have to say I've been jealous of fans of Western Conference teams who have been complaining for years on end about how tough their conference is. Now we can join in the fun.

Still I really hope these teams are forced to break up with the new CBA and they should. These super teams are getting out of hand to the point where small market teams should be forced to play in a different league.

Also the Nets owner got to desperate. He shouldn't make out to bad if the new CBA allows for more parity but if the current system, or something similar sticks around he messed up bad. A first round pick and a young prospect for a guy that will easily bolt in 2012 doesn't really bode well for the future of the Nets. Then again Favors reminds me a lot of Jefferson a few years back when the C's traded for Garnet.

But back to the Knicks trade. The thing that shocks me the most about it is how people seem to not even realize that the Knicks got Billups. Sure he's not an elite PG anymore but he's in the third or fourth tier and he can play defense. In a sense the Knicks now have their own Big 3 with Amare, Carmelo, and Billups. More people should be talking about the impact of adding a player as good as Billups especially since the Knicks think that their missing piece long term is a quality, if not elite, PG.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think the Nets gave up less to get more. But DW isn't too happy about the trade so if he doesn't re-sign and bolts...for say the Knicks next summer...then it's not such a good move for the Nets. CP3 and Dwight Howard are next I suppose
Old 02-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
12thMan
MVP

Yeah, but if DW stays he'll be playing in Brooklyn (or is it the Bronx) next year and will be the face of the franchise. But forming another Big Three in NY has to be on his mind.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
MTK
\m/

I like seeing Carmelo back in NY