Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Ok, I stand corrected...five months.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2018, 05:42 PM   #212
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is the type of stuff that deserves to be heard about....Michael Thomas dude is pretty impressive.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #213
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is the type of stuff that deserves to be heard about....Michael Thomas dude is pretty impressive.

Too bad this stuff doesn’t get more press but two guys standing out of 2,160 players gets the President (and lets be honest some fans) all hot and bothered
Old 08-10-2018, 09:34 PM   #214
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Too bad this stuff doesn’t get more press but two guys standing out of 2,160 players gets the President (and lets be honest some fans) all hot and bothered
With all the trouble the president is in right now ,he welcomes any chance to divert the attention from him to anything else negative.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:21 AM   #215
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Please send this thread to hell. Chico, that was my all time favorite comment here.

I wish we could keep this a sports site all the time.

I'd 100% talk with anyone here about politics, but it has to be done in a setting where you know who the person you're talking to, imho. Otherwise it gets lost in translation.

HTTR!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #216
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Yeah as really need to be in the trying to win back viewers and win back respect most of all.
Think the NFL needed to suspend the player or players that kneel down and deck money from their check books/pay.
To teach them a huge lessons. Yes is is chump change. But put politics out of the game. Want to watch the game. Not see a political rally.
Let them protest or be social justice warriors on their own time. They are getting paid while representing the NFL and their team while in uniform. What would happen if a Denny's waitress wore an "I love Trump" button or her uniform while at work? She gets fired and walked out the second her boss sees it. What the protesting players are doing is no different. Amazing how the players are allowed to get away with something well over 1/2 the population disapproves of.
There is no freedom of speech while in the work place.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #217
Giantone
Gamebreaker

MTK is right , why do two players get the attention when 2160 did what they were suppose to?
Old 08-16-2018, 01:34 AM   #218
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
MTK is right , why do two players get the attention when 2160 did what they were suppose to?
Jerry Jones told you why in the court testimony. He said that Trump told him "This is a very winning, strong issue for me," Jones said. "Tell everybody, you can't win this one. This one lifts me."

He's going to use it to rally his base, and stick it to the NFL for denying him a franchise. If NFL owners were smart (and they aren't), they would get together and tell him to knock it off or else they'll pool their money together and donate 100+ million towards Democrats in the next election. Money talks and that kind of money would move mountains in Congress.

I find it hilarious these dipshits donated to his campaign and inauguration and he turned around and fucked them. LOL
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:40 AM   #219
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Think that really these players think the rules do not apply to them, Apply to everybody else. Sad but true. Even though they say it is for social justice.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:32 AM   #220
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Jerry Jones told you why in the court testimony. He said that Trump told him "This is a very winning, strong issue for me," Jones said. "Tell everybody, you can't win this one. This one lifts me."

He's going to use it to rally his base, and stick it to the NFL for denying him a franchise. If NFL owners were smart (and they aren't), they would get together and tell him to knock it off or else they'll pool their money together and donate 100+ million towards Democrats in the next election. Money talks and that kind of money would move mountains in Congress.

I find it hilarious these dipshits donated to his campaign and inauguration and he turned around and fucked them. LOL
Are you kidding me? What a narcissistic thing to say! I thought maybe he just didn't like it when people disrespect the our flag and our anthem. I'm not a Trump - or anybody - hater, but it pains me to see the symbols of our national ideals used by anybody for personal gain.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #221
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Are you kidding me? What a narcissistic thing to say!
You do realize who we're talking about right? Narcissism is pretty in line with who he is.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote