Post "end these crazy PO talks" game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-10-2019, 03:32 AM   #16
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Post "end these crazy PO talks" game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Your #4 like is kind of a moot point with your #3 dislike of Guice getting hurt again.

#7, right path?, please explain. In 5 starts his best net passing yards in a game was 171. He is averaging 137 net passing yards a game. Look at his game to game stat lines, they pretty much look identical. If he is improving why isn't it resulting in more productivity? The team is more competitive due to the running game and defense, not Haskins.
About the running game, you're right but that was sort of an individual game take, and I do think the OL did a good job of opening lanes. Run blocking has been better the last couple of games.

About Haskins, he didn't have a good game, last week was better. But I do think stats don't tell the whole story. Looking at him, I think he's making some throws now that he didn't make the first 2 games (ie this 3rd down throw to Harmon in between zones).
With him I've gone from very concerned to he's a rookie with very few starting experience in college, let's see how he develops when the game slows down for him. And my biggest early concern being awful accuracy, I do think he's taking steps in the right direction on that matter.

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2019, 03:45 AM   #17
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmia4fun View Post
I don't understand how Bruce Allen is so bad?I'm asking...he brought in rg3,who could have been a hall of famer if he didn't try to take on haloti knata head on.he had LT Williams....he brought in TE Reed(prowbowler)...Alex Smith,who was 6and 3...he got hol Peterson,and guice...he tried his luck on Haskins....and the verdict is still out...and on defense,there's a lot of positive..it's not Bruce Allen's fault all these players hot hurt or quit on the team.and it's not his fault the coaches are so horrible..gruden looked promising in Cincinnati...and lady,it's nothid fault Dan Snyder meddles with the team...after all,he is the owner...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I agree. I think now would be a good time to highlight and honor BA's time with us:

Cousins. TW. Scherff (he's as good as gone). Letting the Shanahans, McVay, LaFleur go. Keeping and extending Gruden. Enabling and encouraging the owner to interfere on draft day. 2 playoffs "trips". 0 playoffs wins.

What am I missing M. President ?
Old 12-10-2019, 07:29 AM   #18
MTK
\m/

I'll just leave this here for those still not convinced Bruce is a failure

Allen was hired late in the 2009 season, saying: “I like urgency. I like doing things sooner than later.” Starting with the next fall, the Redskins have a 62-94-1 regular season record under Allen, their .398 winning percentage the fifth worst in the NFL over that span. They also have the NFL’s fifth-worst point differential (minus-611) since 2010. Only the Oakland Raiders (62-95), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (58-99), Jacksonville Jaguars (49-108) and Cleveland Browns (42-114-1) have worse records and point differentials over that span. All four of those teams have more wins in 2019, too.

The Redskins have finished over .500 three times in Allen’s 10 seasons, with just one campaign, 2012, producing 10 wins or more. Washington has just two playoff appearances over the past decade, both of which ended with losses in the wild-card round. Three-fourths of the league’s teams, 24 of 32, have at least one playoff win since 2010, and only five franchises other than Washington have two or fewer playoff appearances.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...y-measurement/
Old 12-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #19
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmia4fun View Post
He brought back jo Gibbs !and we still didn't come close!does Bruce Allen play for the Redskins?does he coach them?he gives these upcoming coaches what they ask for....but "they' fail...so you think bringing in Joe Gibbs was a mistake?what about Steve Spurrier?...after all those wins in FSU?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Spurrier didn't have a lot of wins with FSU
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:20 AM   #20
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Spurrier didn't have a lot of wins with FSU
I remember when Spurrier was the 49ers back up QB and their punter. That was a while ago.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #21
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Yea, not only that, you can even do it in a sufficiently ambiguous way so that it could be a compliment, but it really isn't. For example:

-- It's really hard to overstate what Bruce Allen has meant to this franchise.

-- Bruce, with all of his talent, should go far.

-- Bruce's contributions may be unique throughout the league.

-- Bruce has really made a name for himself among the agents and players throughout the NFL.

-- Bruce Allen's name, season after season, as on the tip of the tongue of every die hard Redskins fan.

You get the idea. Endless possibilities to (a) make money, and (b) speak the truth.
Brilliant post! Bruce should hire you to lead his misinformation campaign.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Allen was hired late in the 2009 season, saying: “I like urgency. I like doing things sooner than later.” Starting with the next fall, the Redskins have a 62-94-1 regular season record under Allen, their .398 winning percentage the fifth worst in the NFL over that span. They also have the NFL’s fifth-worst point differential (minus-611) since 2010. Only the Oakland Raiders (62-95), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (58-99), Jacksonville Jaguars (49-108) and Cleveland Browns (42-114-1) have worse records and point differentials over that span. All four of those teams have more wins in 2019, too.

The Redskins have finished over .500 three times in Allen’s 10 seasons, with just one campaign, 2012, producing 10 wins or more. Washington has just two playoff appearances over the past decade, both of which ended with losses in the wild-card round. Three-fourths of the league’s teams, 24 of 32, have at least one playoff win since 2010, and only five franchises other than Washington have two or fewer playoff appearances.

There is no way to go but up but that starts with firing BA
Old 12-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

For a team that LOVES to "win in the offseason" and is always looking for a PR win, I don't know how they do not see the potential of a Bruce Allen firing as a way to create buzz around the team and have a PR win with the fans.

Hell, I bet if he were to be fired tomorrow, attendance at the next game would increase just by that action alone.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #24
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Brilliant post! Bruce should hire you to lead his misinformation campaign.
I'd take the job only out of allegiance to this crowd, and I would promise more quotes like, "Bruce's longevity in the league is simply astounding" to drive home the point. Really, the possibilities are endless.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I'd take the job only out of allegiance to this crowd, and I would promise more quotes like, "Bruce's longevity in the league is simply astounding" to drive home the point. Really, the possibilities are endless.
You really nailed it but I'm also gonna fight for the job.

Bruce has a track record of multiple playoff appearances and the pedigree of having a Hall of Fame coach for a dad.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #26
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You really nailed it but I'm also gonna fight for the job.

Bruce has a track record of multiple playoff appearances and the pedigree of having a Hall of Fame coach for a dad.
Bruce Allen counted to infinity. Twice.

(And still didn't have a playoff win).

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #27
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
About the running game, you're right but that was sort of an individual game take, and I do think the OL did a good job of opening lanes. Run blocking has been better the last couple of games.

About Haskins, he didn't have a good game, last week was better. But I do think stats don't tell the whole story. Looking at him, I think he's making some throws now that he didn't make the first 2 games (ie this 3rd down throw to Harmon in between zones).
With him I've gone from very concerned to he's a rookie with very few starting experience in college, let's see how he develops when the game slows down for him. And my biggest early concern being awful accuracy, I do think he's taking steps in the right direction on that matter.
Forgot to link this article about Haskins receiving the second highest PFF passer grade during the Panthers game. We can discuss the grading systems all we want. My point is stats don't tell the whole story, and he's not nearly as bad as he was 3 weeks ago.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #28
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Forgot to link this article about Haskins receiving the second highest PFF passer grade during the Panthers game. We can discuss the grading systems all we want. My point is stats don't tell the whole story, and he's not nearly as bad as he was 3 weeks ago.
Who graded his performance and what familiarity do they have with his reads and checks?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #29
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Great...I have been watching a lot of bad football for over a decade.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #30
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Who graded his performance and what familiarity do they have with his reads and checks?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have no idea, this is why I said we can discuss their grading system all we want. I don't know exactly how relevant it is, but I don't think it's completely irrelevant either. Just speaks to Haskins not being the complete hopeless bust we could have thought he was the first 2 games.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk