Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase young discussion

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-08-2020, 10:30 AM   #61
calia
Playmaker

Re: Chase young discussion

Man, watching those video clips makes me think we’d be crazy not to draft him. Crazy speed off the line. Wentz, Prescott, and Jones are not outrunning this dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 01-08-2020, 10:48 AM   #62
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Young looks amazing. But so does Burrow. I know that Burrow almost seems like a no-brainer for Cincy, Young should make them think twice.

I wonder though, if we could help them have their cake and eat it, too: Haskins + the #2 pick + ___ for the #1 overall pick so we can take Burrow.

Aside from whether or not Cincy would be interested in something like that, would the Skins?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #63
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Young looks amazing. But so does Burrow. I know that Burrow almost seems like a no-brainer for Cincy, Young should make them think twice.

I wonder though, if we could help them have their cake and eat it, too: Haskins + the #2 pick + ___ for the #1 overall pick so we can take Burrow.

Aside from whether or not Cincy would be interested in something like that, would the Skins?
No.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:03 AM   #64
MTK
\m/

Cincy won’t pass up the chance to take Burrow. Zero chance.

Just like we shouldn’t pass up Young.

I’m going to say it all offseason, barring something crazy happening like a catastrophic injury, those two picks are locks.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

I’m going to say it all offseason, barring something crazy happening like a catastrophic injury, those two picks are locks.

It makes for boring draft hype but I agree, no chance the 2 guys aren't #1 and #2 barring injury
Old 01-08-2020, 11:37 AM   #66
SunnySide
Playmaker

This convo made me look up if there is a vegas line on who is drafted #1. On Nov 7, 2019 (before Tuas injury), the betting line for who will be the No. 1 pick:

Tue -150
Burrow +200
Herbert + 600
Young +750
Fromm +800
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/ne...draft-improve/
Im sure the current one has Burrow as the clear cut favorite now.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:01 PM   #67
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Hard not to get excited about Young and Sweat as 4-3 ends.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:23 PM   #68
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

I agree those are the first two picks, but many analysts say Young is THE top prospect. This does not take away from Burrow, but Cincy could view a situation like that as their getting to have their cake and eat it too. I agree its unlikely, as there is a reason this league gives QBs a premium, but every pick has its price.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:25 PM   #69
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It makes for boring draft hype but I agree, no chance the 2 guys aren't #1 and #2 barring injury
Agree that the first two picks will be Burrow, then young. but whos to say Cincy wouldn't trade the pick to the skins - or another team - for a load. Or that the skins wouldn't trade the 2 for a load?
Old 01-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #70
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Agree that the first two picks will be Burrow, then young. but whos to say Cincy wouldn't trade the pick to the skins - or another team - for a load. Or that the skins wouldn't trade the 2 for a load?
I have to admit, depending on the size of the load, the Skins would have to think about it. But it would have to be a load size you couldn't refuse, because Young is dominant. I like the idea of having a superstar, which we just don't have right now. But it at least has to be thought about.

We also need to think of another word besides load, because gross.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:31 PM   #71
los panda
Pro Bowl

Is there any chance that we do not draft Chase Young at #2? What are the chances that the Bengals draft him or trade the #1 pick?

And if he's there at #2, is there any chance we don't draft him or trade the pick? It seems like a no brainer if he's there.

HTTR! Very excited about this offseason, especially the draft.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:35 PM   #72
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
Is there any chance that we do not draft Chase Young at #2? What are the chances that the Bengals draft him or trade the #1 pick?

And if he's there at #2, is there any chance we don't draft him or trade the pick? It seems like a no brainer if he's there.

HTTR! Very excited about this offseason, especially the draft.
You should never completely rule out a trade because what if some team just blows the doors off with an offer.

But what are the chances? Small. I think it's a virtual lock the Bengals will take Burrow and we'll take Chase.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #73
SunnySide
Playmaker

LT needs worry me. I have no quantifiable evidence or stats or trends to point to ... but I do worry an old school coach may think solidifying LT is the No. 1 priority of a team and talk themselves into downplaying Chase to trump up a LT.

Id certainly bet we take Chase but I cant help that nagging concern that we somehow talk ourselves into thinking need at LT is greater than a Chase Young on the edge.

If we trade back, itd be a lot easier to swallow if its a big load vs a marginal 1st and 2nd.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #74
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You should never completely rule out a trade because what if some team just blows the doors off with an offer.

But what are the chances? Small. I think it's a virtual lock the Bengals will take Burrow and we'll take Chase.
I would take a Hershel Walker trade or Chase. Just want to see good draft like last three years.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #75
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Cincinnati is under a lot of pressure to do something to placate a very unhappy fan base. That "something" is adding a potential star quarterback from southeast Ohio. When Burrow used his Heisman speech to stump for Food Banks in SE Ohio he became close to a folk hero before even being drafted. I can't imagine the Bengals passing on him.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote