Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #1426
SkinzzFan
Special Teams

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
This fucking franchise ... trade Trent and move on. The inability to concede or admit isnt always a sign of "weakness". This is playing out just like Kirk Cousins.

Bruce says player A is not going anywhere and he has the situation under control.

Bruce then spends the next year plus doing absolutely nothing to address the situation. No negotiating with player's agent, no counter offers to trade offers ... he does nothing.

If the Browns made a competitive offer and Bruce didnt make a counter offer ... why isnt he on the phone trying to get Trent back as a Redskins.

Not even frustrated anymore ... Im not even a redskins fan if I think about it. Im becoming a fan of football. I watch SNF and MNF if its a good match up.

This is going to sound very elitest of me but ive noticed the people still wearing their skins gear around town are people who seem to have very little going for them. Over weight, standing at bus stops, walking along a roadway, not working during the work week etc ... rocking starter jackets and wind breakers.

WTF? How do you see them walking along the roadway during the work week? Are you not at work yourself?

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #1427
SunnySide
Playmaker

#Browns Dorsey at the podium: 'Nobody in the organization is happy about 2-4. There's a lot of football to be played here. We have 10 games left.'— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) October 16, 2019

#Browns John Dorsey on LT Greg Robinson: "I would like Greg to be more consistent''— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) October 16, 2019

#Browns GM John Dorsey on RT Chris Hubbard: "I like Chris. I would challenge him to be a little more consistent."— Keith Britton (@KeithBritton86) October 16, 2019

#Browns GM John Dorsey on exploring O-line trade market: We'll do our research, make a million phone calls, do what's best for organization— Nate Ulrich (@ByNateUlrich) October 16, 2019

#Browns Dorsey alluded to when he was with the Chiefs in 2015, they started 1-5 and won their last 10 games to finish 11-5.— Fred Greetham (@FredGreetham) October 16, 2019

#Browns GM John Dorsey on if he has other moves he can make to improve offensive line: "Yeah, but that's coming down the road."— Keith Britton (@KeithBritton86) October 16, 2019

#Browns Dorsey said he's had a few conversations with Redskins GM Bruce Allen.— Fred Greetham (@FredGreetham) October 16, 2019

Q: Have you spoken to Bruce Allen lately?

Dorsey: We've had a few conversations.— Zac Jackson (@AkronJackson) October 16, 2019

So John Dorsey got the whole room buzzing on his exit line regarding about trading for Trent Williams: "Takes two to tango."— Tony Grossi (@TonyGrossi) October 16, 2019

This is the nut quote from John Dorsey, IMO, throwing down gauntlet to coaches: Everybody in the bldg. has to understand it’s one of those moments where you have to reflect, pay attention to detail, and move this thing forward with a sense of urgency.— Tony Grossi (@TonyGrossi) October 16, 2019

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...016-137051821/
--------------------------------------------------

1. What the hell is a GM of an NFL team doing making himself available for questions and accountable to the public? The nerve of this dude. I demand he only do 10 min press conferences every 4 years after he fires a coach. And even then, only give canned general cliche answers of no real substance.

2. Dorsey seems motivated like the Rams. He seems to be "all in" talking about Chiefs coming from a 1-5 start, also I think he talked about the division being winnable.

Pick up the phone Bruce.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #1428
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah I don't want another injured TE. Give me picks for Trent, a 1st and a 2nd. Or a 1st, 3rd and 5th. Something alone those lines.
Yup, just give me the picks

He Gets Us
Old 10-16-2019, 03:26 PM   #1429
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah I don't want another injured TE. Give me picks for Trent, a 1st and a 2nd. Or a 1st, 3rd and 5th. Something alone those lines.
I would keep an eye on the Patriots and Bennett ,they could use Trent.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #1430
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Browns are fucking retards if they move obj.
LOL, why,he's starting the same shit there he did in NY . He has always wanted the west cost ,it's why the Giants sent him to Cleveland. I always said there weren't enough footballs to go around in Cleveland to make everyone happy.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:30 PM   #1431
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzzFan View Post
[/B]

WTF? How do you see them walking along the roadway during the work week? Are you not at work yourself?

Lol
Old 10-16-2019, 09:57 PM   #1432
SkinzWin
Playmaker

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-gm-h...8610--nfl.html
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 10-17-2019, 12:01 AM   #1433
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It's pretty pathetic that Bruce Allen would rather try to win in a fight against Trent Williams than try to trade him for the most he can get so we can put this franchise on a better path. It's literally a prime example of why we will never attract premium NFL talent to lead this franchise.

Edit: Here's to you Bruce.

Last edited by mooby; 10-17-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #1434
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's pretty pathetic that Bruce Allen would rather try to win in a fight against Trent Williams than try to trade him for the most he can get so we can put this franchise on a better path. It's literally a prime example of why we will never attract premium NFL talent to lead this franchise.

Edit: Here's to you Bruce.

Bruce has already won because Trent is never going to play another down as a Redskin, maybe not even in the NFL. Bruce is the kind of guy who has probably told Trent that they are never trading him no matter what, so his only option is to come back and play here. Trent i would think would lose a lot of cred for Bruce making him his bitch.

There was talk on twitter from some of the guys i follow of Trent possibly retiring due to the whole thing, how does that work, would we owe him anything additionally beyond what we already paid him?
Old 10-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #1435
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The biggest question is what is Bruce’s end game? Keeping him to prove a point is simply and play 5 meaningless games is silly. And have him play out his 1 year left?

The only real reason Bruce would want to keep him is for an extension...that’s the only thing I would imagine we would be turning down offers

He Gets Us
Old 10-17-2019, 07:48 AM   #1436
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So if OJ Howard is available, that’s really the only player I would move him for.

He Gets Us
Old 10-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #1437
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Dorsey of the Browns has confirmed that he talked w/ Allen about Trent and was turned down. What the hell is going on over there? It's totally personal at this point. The Browns are 2-4 and that could be a top 10 pick. I just don't get this organization and their fucking pettiness. If these losers had any brains and put their egos aside, they'd say give me your 1st and Calloway. That way you have another potential young stud wr and two top 10 picks in the first round. I don't understand them at all.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #1438
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So if OJ Howard is available, that’s really the only player I would move him for.
Yeah he's been a disappointment though
Old 10-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #1439
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah he's been a disappointment though
Yeah but I don't think it's 100% on him. Arians don't have great history with TEs in general, he doesn't utilize them as receiver that much..
Old 10-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #1440
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
The biggest question is what is Bruce’s end game? Keeping him to prove a point is simply and play 5 meaningless games is silly. And have him play out his 1 year left?

The only real reason Bruce would want to keep him is for an extension...that’s the only thing I would imagine we would be turning down offers
While the FO and Bruce are not trustworthy, part of me does not want the team to settle for a low offer for Trent.

As Andrew Brandt famously says, "deadlines spur action" if you are holding out for the best offer this season, it would have to be on the trade deadline by October 29th.

After the deadline, the biggest turning point will be whether Trent shows up on Week 10 to accrue this season in his contract. If he doesn't show up, his trade value will go up, since he will still be on contract for two seasons. While I assume any team that's willing to trade with him, will need to re-negotiate a contract with him, I believe his current contract becomes a baseline for any negotiations.

Finally, the team doesn't have a 2nd round pick in 2020, so Trent could become part of any offseason trade to acquire more picks (and hopefully not to trade those picks for Mike Tomlin).

One thing that I do not know is what happens to Trent's $11 mil salary for this season. If he doesn't show up at all, will that be cap carry over for next season? If so, that'd be a plus.
R.I.P. #21
Closed Thread