Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-02-2019, 03:41 AM   #46
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Re: Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

Cut all known Women- and/or Child-Beaters and I´m okay, no matter the record.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

THis is one of the least talented rosters in the NFL.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
def one of the most injured. I feel like we have some decent talent...but in our division we are probably 3rd and that's where it matters most.

Defense: front 7 I would say good talent, secondary now, below avg. Depth: average/above average

Offense: Oline: Average, Skill position: below avg, Depth: bad. QB: avg

Special Teams: Good

We got work to do for sure.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
def one of the most injured. I feel like we have some decent talent...but in our division we are probably 3rd and that's where it matters most.

Defense: front 7 I would say good talent, secondary now, below avg. Depth: average/above average

Offense: Oline: Average, Skill position: below avg, Depth: bad. QB: avg

Special Teams: Good

We got work to do for sure.
The Giants aren't that far behind us and actually having Barkley and Beckham may boost them ahead.

If we don't see major changes to player personnel and coaching/FO , this team could be a 4-12 type roster next yr.

Better go out and add talent to the offense asap.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Giants aren't that far behind us and actually having Barkley and Beckham may boost them ahead.

If we don't see major changes to player personnel and coaching/FO , this team could be a 4-12 type roster next yr.

Better go out and add talent to the offense asap.
So I don't know about spending top money on offense. I think actually about divesting in money spent at TE...cut VD and trading Reed...both doable and competent moves. I don't think you spend big at WR or TE. I think there are capable LG for decent money coming on the market. Quinton Spain is one...there is another from Denver I believe....and you have some guys, role players like our old friend Tom Compton who can come in and provide depth in the Interior. I would bring in a blocking TE, pair with Sprinkle and our awesome blocking young white TE (forget name). WR...I would draft someone with a top four round pick and bring in another Vet on a 1, 2 year deal that doesn't break the bank. Id give Crowder a peak, let him test the market, but could bring him back on a cheap deal.

RB...Incentive laden, 1 year deal to AP as a back up role. If he says no... per Kevin Sheehan suggestion...and this has my blessing, get the back up RB Mike Davis from Seattle...shouldn't be expensive. Id role with CT again just because last year of deal and cutting doesn't help the cap much.

He Gets Us
Old 01-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So I don't know about spending top money on offense. I think actually about divesting in money spent at TE...cut VD and trading Reed...both doable and competent moves. I don't think you spend big at WR or TE. I think there are capable LG for decent money coming on the market. Quinton Spain is one...there is another from Denver I believe....and you have some guys, role players like our old friend Tom Compton who can come in and provide depth in the Interior. I would bring in a blocking TE, pair with Sprinkle and our awesome blocking young white TE (forget name). WR...I would draft someone with a top four round pick and bring in another Vet on a 1, 2 year deal that doesn't break the bank. Id give Crowder a peak, let him test the market, but could bring him back on a cheap deal.

RB...Incentive laden, 1 year deal to AP as a back up role. If he says no... per Kevin Sheehan suggestion...and this has my blessing, get the back up RB Mike Davis from Seattle...shouldn't be expensive. Id role with CT again just because last year of deal and cutting doesn't help the cap much.

I think TE and WR are as important as LG now. It's a pass first league and you have to have guys that create space and get open. That is what killed us this season, I think u have to bring Crowder back and hope they can find a top WR in the Draft or go out and sign one but that list is not long. Fitz is 36, he is most likely going to a SB contender.

Then you have these guys.

Cobb - 29 YO
Tate - 31 YO
Moncrief - 26 YO
John Brown - 29 YO

That list is horrible.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think TE and WR are as important as LG now. It's a pass first league and you have to have guys that create space and get open. That is what killed us this season, I think u have to bring Crowder back and hope they can find a top WR in the Draft or go out and sign one but that list is not long. Fitz is 36, he is most likely going to a SB contender.

Then you have these guys.

Cobb - 29 YO
Tate - 31 YO
Moncrief - 26 YO
John Brown - 29 YO

That list is horrible.
Remember, we need a guy who plays outside. Tate is off our board. Randle Cobb is injury-prone...again off our board.

I think John Brown is a viable option for what we are looking for... a strong vet, fast, plays outside. I call him about a 1 or 2 year deal.

Its foolish to continue to pay Reed and VD the way we are. Let Sprinkle play, bring in a stronger blocking veteran TE who can help the running game.

With our QB in question...move the team towards Running Ball/Strong defense strategy.

He Gets Us
Old 01-02-2019, 12:08 PM   #53
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I like Brown he can stretch the field. Your idea of ball control and defense is important with below avg QB play. Look at Ravens.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:16 PM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I like Brown he can stretch the field. Your idea of ball control and defense is important with below avg QB play. Look at Ravens.
My blocking TE choice for as a free agent is actually a Raven:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...123-story.html

Nick Boyle...he has the ability to leak out and catch a couple balls...but then his destroys people in the run game all day. Let Sprinkle and Boyle play equal time and double TE sets.

He Gets Us
Old 01-02-2019, 12:21 PM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Look at the combine cap number paying Reed and Vernon Davis for 2019.

Ok, now that your furious...go break something.

Finally catch your breath. That number is what would buy a top flight WR, but we spending it on garbage...2 terrible blocking TE...one whose hurt most the time and Vernon Davis who drops pivotal catchs and is one of the worst blocking TEs in the game.

What retarded FO does this shit?

He Gets Us
Old 01-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #56
Burgold
Special Teams

We got bigger fish to fry than Norman,such as who our QB is gonna be because Alex Smith is done,Colt McCoy ain't the answer so where are we,this is scary because this team used to have rep for great QB's-Baugh-Jurgenson-Kilmer-Theisman, but it's been a while so it's gotta be addressed!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #57
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
That is definitely a horrendous overstatement. It has decent talent, it's not deep enough in spots and it has certainly been injury-prone. But every team would love to have Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff, Jonathan Allen, Ryan Kerrigan, Daron Payne, and others.

You can complain about the injuries, the front office, the culture, the coaching (especially on defense IMO) but I don't think you can say it's not a talented roster. We don't have a superstar, maybe that's where you're getting that from? No JJ Watt, no Aaron Donald, no Zeke Elliott, no Khalil Mack, etc. But we have talent.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #58
Tennskinsfan
Camp Scrub

I agree that given our QB debacle that we double down on the run game. I wouldn’t ditch Reed just yet. I don’t think that Davis will be coming back on his own next year anyways. Bring in a blocking TE to fill his spot. Resign AP to a 1 year deal again. (He deserves 2 but the cliff is looming no need to waste more money) As for QB. I would pick up the QB from Nc State should be able to pick up in the late rounds and then groom him to be backup to the Franchise QB we pick up next year. If a quality WR is available take him early.

For defense. We have a serious hole to fill with our Saftey position. I wouldn’t cut or trade Norman this year for that reason. Dunbar should be able to come back healthy after a full offseason so invest in a Vet inside linebacker. And find a edge rusher in the draft to replace PSmith.

Draft needs 2019 (no perticular order)
Safety
Interior O
Edge rusher
WR
CB
4th or later QB

With what should be 4 picks in the first 3 rounds and 9 total picks (Compensatory picks)
Tennskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That is definitely a horrendous overstatement. It has decent talent, it's not deep enough in spots and it has certainly been injury-prone. But every team would love to have Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff, Jonathan Allen, Ryan Kerrigan, Daron Payne, and others.

You can complain about the injuries, the front office, the culture, the coaching (especially on defense IMO) but I don't think you can say it's not a talented roster. We don't have a superstar, maybe that's where you're getting that from? No JJ Watt, no Aaron Donald, no Zeke Elliott, no Khalil Mack, etc. But we have talent.
Maybe I was just mad lol sucks being a fan of this team right now my man
Old 01-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #60
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Look at the combine cap number paying Reed and Vernon Davis for 2019.

Ok, now that your furious...go break something.

Finally catch your breath. That number is what would buy a top flight WR, but we spending it on garbage...2 terrible blocking TE...one whose hurt most the time and Vernon Davis who drops pivotal catchs and is one of the worst blocking TEs in the game.

What retarded FO does this shit?
I have been done with Reed for a few seasons. I do not know why people continue to expect more out of him. He has had two decent seasons and that is all. You can get the same annual productivity for far less $.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote