Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Chris Cooley Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football

Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
cdskins26
Special Teams

Chris Cooley Fantasy Football

I have had cooley for the last few years as my tight end. This year he is a huge dissapointment fantasy wise. Should i live with him or explore other options at tight end? I dont really need to make a change im in first in my league with my starters being: JC, Addai, Portis, Boldin, Andre Johnson, Cooley, and Bironas/ Skins D.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Chris Cooley Fantasy Football

He's not getting the scores but yardage wise, and catches if you get points for those, he hasn't been a total disappointment. I'd stick with him. He could rack up TDs in bunches.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
GMScud
Swearinger

I think it's so funny when Redskins fans overload their fantasy roster with Redskins players. You have Campbell, Portis, Cooley, AND our defense starting every week? Not that any of those four have been awful, but overall that's a pretty risky strategy.

There's a guy in one of my leagues who starts Randle El, Cooley, the Skins D, and Campbell almost every week. He was 3-5 entering this week.

That said, this year is one of the worst years for fantasy TE production I can ever remember. Cooley is as good as anyone at his position, both in fantasy and for real. From a fantasy standpoint, kickers and defenses have been consistently outproducing the TEs.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
cdskins26
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I think it's so funny when Redskins fans overload their fantasy roster with Redskins players. You have Campbell, Portis, Cooley, AND our defense starting every week? Not that any of those four have been awful, but overall that's a pretty risky strategy.

There's a guy in one of my leagues who starts Randle El, Cooley, the Skins D, and Campbell almost every week. He was 3-5 entering this week.

That said, this year is one of the worst years for fantasy TE production I can ever remember. Cooley is as good as anyone at his position, both in fantasy and for real. From a fantasy standpoint, kickers and defenses have been consistently outproducing the TEs.
What makes it even funnier is that ARE is one of my back-ups. I have other options though, i have anderson at qb, mcfadden at rb, and vikings d.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
What makes it even funnier is that ARE is one of my back-ups. I have other options though, i have anderson at qb, mcfadden at rb, and vikings d.
Wow! If our offense looked like the '07 Patriots, you'd probably be dominating your league.

The Vikings D is solid. I'd keep an eye on Derek Anderson. His time as a starter should be just about done. The Oakland offense had a total of 77 yards yesterday. McFadden is a good player victimized by a downright disgraceful team.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:15 AM   #6
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
I have had cooley for the last few years as my tight end. This year he is a huge dissapointment fantasy wise. Should i live with him or explore other options at tight end? I dont really need to make a change im in first in my league with my starters being: JC, Addai, Portis, Boldin, Andre Johnson, Cooley, and Bironas/ Skins D.
ahh...stick with cooley. im one of those guys who rolls with skins. i myself own JC, Portis, & Cooley....if you draft a good team around wishful players from your team you can get away with it. doesnt help owning t jones, warner+boldin and aquriring fitzgerald thru trade as well....LAST YEAR i even had campbell...and he sucked...i still won 2nd so...YA NEVA KNO

Last edited by Skins4L; 11-16-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #7
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Well, we are a team whose superstars all reside on the offensive side of the ball, so I can blame anyone for that.

Don't go out and trade for a tight end. If the waiver wire brings you a Bo Scaife type, go two deep at TE and play the matchups. Otherwise stick with Cooley. A guy who is guarenteed 5-7 targets a game is valuable in fantasy no matter what happens.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #8
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, we are a team whose superstars all reside on the offensive side of the ball, so I can blame anyone for that.

Don't go out and trade for a tight end. If the waiver wire brings you a Bo Scaife type, go two deep at TE and play the matchups. Otherwise stick with Cooley. A guy who is guarenteed 5-7 targets a game is valuable in fantasy no matter what happens.
good call w/scaife....he def helped me on cooleys bye last week.
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #9
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Cooley hung 3 td's on the Cowboys once before. Let's hope he does it again. Then your fantasy patience will be rewarded and there will be joy in Redskinsville.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote