Redskins Training Camp '16

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-31-2016, 03:51 PM   #46
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins Training Camp '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
How are things going at Redskins camp? So far it seems to be rainbows and unicorn farts. It feels like the only news is coming from the discussion board.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ins-page-shell

Well I'll take unicorn farts all day...another one: Trent Murphy is looking good

Your right, so far I've heard breeland and desean Jackson have been out-fucking-standing. I'll say it again, desean jax is gonna have a big year as long as he can stay healthy.

From the article, Greg toler and Matt ioannidis also been shining, which is the first I've heard bout that.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #47
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
In my eyes a healthy Riley is better then Compton. Riley doesn't have the best instincts but is physical player that gets downhill. Compton is faster, but gets caught in the wash gets blocked/stays blocked more then I want. I like Foster for his run defense.
If I'm choosing from the batch we had last playing last year I would go for:
(healthy) Riley + Foster

I don't want Su'a playing ILB, we're weak in run defense playing a S at ILB isn't gonna help.
I've reached my views limit on the Washington Post article so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've read, and I believe it is in the WP article linked above that Riley is splitting reps with Foster rather than Compton.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:47 PM   #48
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ins-page-shell

Well I'll take unicorn farts all day...another one: Trent Murphy is looking good
I think Murphy is going to be better than expected. He isn't a fast twitch guy but has great reaction time.

With his hand in the dirt, he can get into the defender quicker and use his strength.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:43 PM   #49
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Murphy played with his hand in the dirt at Stanford. To me it's his more natural position.
Remember when we all pined for Rak to convert back to DE? Not even saying Murphy is going to be what I thought Rak could be at end, but I still think he's going to be our Justin Smith type guy.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:44 PM   #50
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

And as far as Compton keeping the starters job, well there really isn't anyone who is going to take it from him. Riley was always going to replace Mason not Will. He has become the defenses QB, I could see him making a big leap in that role this year as well.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:20 PM   #51
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Murphy played with his hand in the dirt at Stanford. To me it's his more natural position.
Remember when we all pined for Rak to convert back to DE? Not even saying Murphy is going to be what I thought Rak could be at end, but I still think he's going to be our Justin Smith type guy.
Murphy was a very good player at Stanford, I think this move will greatly benefit him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:27 PM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Agree with what is being said about Trent...he is more a strength, leverage guy.

Another unicorn fart to cup: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...html?tid=ss_tw

He Gets Us
Old 07-31-2016, 11:49 PM   #53
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Agree with what is being said about Trent...he is more a strength, leverage guy.

Another unicorn fart to cup: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...html?tid=ss_tw
Great read. The top picture though in the article is a shot of Dunbar falling down at the line with his pads off as #13 slides the other way. Good article and I agree that our secondary could be very strong
Old 08-01-2016, 02:24 AM   #54
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Looking for other than unicorn farts, I fell upon this:

Josh Norman Gets Burned Over & Over By Redskins WRs On First Day Of Camp | Daily Snark

Obviously this is not a serious article, I'm excited to have him on our D and I'm confident Josh Norman will keep being an excellent player, every corner gets beaten on some plays, so there's nothing here... But with everybody talking trash, I'm asking the question: how confident are we that he'll be worth the 8M he'll get this year?
Old 08-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Looking for other than unicorn farts, I fell upon this:

Josh Norman Gets Burned Over & Over By Redskins WRs On First Day Of Camp | Daily Snark

Obviously this is not a serious article, I'm excited to have him on our D and I'm confident Josh Norman will keep being an excellent player, every corner gets beaten on some plays, so there's nothing here... But with everybody talking trash, I'm asking the question: how confident are we that he'll be worth the 8M he'll get this year?
Josh Norman's work habits impress Redskins teammates - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

take a whiff of this...

He Gets Us
Old 08-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #56
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm glad we have some football news but I just can't get excited over this camp stuff. I mean one of the lead stories on Yahoo was how Norman got burned by Garcon and Jackson. Sigh.... It's like a 12 year old is writing this shit. It's camp, Qb's are going to throw int's, corners are going to get burned and so on. Who's the next Marco Mitchell this year???????

I'm debating whether or not to go to Richmond on Friday. Not sure I want to drive 2 hours to sit out in the heat to watch a camp practice. Wish they still had it over in Ashburn.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm glad we have some football news but I just can't get excited over this camp stuff. I mean one of the lead stories on Yahoo was how Norman got burned by Garcon and Jackson. Sigh.... It's like a 12 year old is writing this shit. It's camp, Qb's are going to throw int's, corners are going to get burned and so on. Who's the next Marco Mitchell this year???????

I'm debating whether or not to go to Richmond on Friday. Not sure I want to drive 2 hours to sit out in the heat to watch a camp practice. Wish they still had it over in Ashburn.
First Take is talking about this apparently..someone was talkin about it on twitter

He Gets Us
Old 08-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #58
Sweepea436
Camp Scrub

Norman didn't seem like he was being a paper chaser when we signed him. I think he'll be playing inspired to prove A) he's not a system player and B) Carolina messed up not locking him down. I'm not really worried about camp matchups; most receivers in the NFL can beat most of the corners in the NFL 1 on 1 or they wouldn't be in the league. Corners are generally smaller with worse hands.... or they'd be receivers.....
Sweepea436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:06 PM   #59
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
"During one-on-one drills Saturday, Norman only received one repetition. That didn't sit well with him: Nearly 10 minutes later he was overheard on the sidelines complaining about that fact. He wanted the work. After one practice, as safety DeAngelo Hall spoke to reporters about Norman, he pointed to him working out off to the side, performing backpedal drills among other aspects."

Good to read this!
Personally I'm not worried, I was asking the question because as said above people are trying to make a big thing of this.

I played corner so I know no matter how good you are you're gonna get beaten on some plays, even by some not so good receivers (mainly because you don't know where the receiver's going, while he does, obviously...). A corner can be evaluated on a whole game, or season, based on how many times he got beaten and how many times he didn't, not on one play.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #60
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
I've reached my views limit on the Washington Post article so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've read, and I believe it is in the WP article linked above that Riley is splitting reps with Foster rather than Compton.
Yup, the article says that Riley is splitting with Mason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
And as far as Compton keeping the starters job, well there really isn't anyone who is going to take it from him. Riley was always going to replace Mason not Will. He has become the defenses QB, I could see him making a big leap in that role this year as well.
Iirc Compton was inserted into the line-up when Riley got banged up?

I am worried about stopping the run and for me Mason must play because he's the best against the run. So the other spot is between Riley and Compton.

When its all said and done I expect Stephen Daniels to challenge for a starting spot. If they are serious about being stout against the run he's the man.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote