Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2020

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-24-2020, 12:48 AM   #151
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Completely unrelated. But I gather from your signature and your screen name that you flew A-10s? Either way thank you for your service, and is it true that the A-10’s guns make the most intimidating sound on earth?
Yes. The sound of the gun shooting outside the aircraft is “ BRRRT”. For the bad guys
that means they have 1-3 second left. Mostly though they just ran away - which is, you know, kind of frustrating!

Thank you for the kind words.

Now its up to the new guys, who have this amazing, cosmic shitte on the A-10C that I would have traded a non-removable and non-replaceable body part to try or use. It was frustrating using the same old gear, we were under-funded, analog, crap stuff. On one of my last flights I dropped a 1000 lb., laser-guided bomb from 8000’ altitude on a little card table and hit it!! They were just giving me a taste of the new bombs.

Before that we had to do bombing with cheap DUMB bombs - hi angle, dive bomb with a constantly computing impact point - CCIP. Since dive bombing isn’t that accurate we needed to practiced dive bombing all the time. Six practice bomb passes for 1,000 flights or even 2,000 flights and you pull 4-6 g’ per pass. If you’re a 150 lb man that means you put 600 to 900 lbs of force on your spine 6-10 times a flight. Many American fighter pilots who retired out of the service now have bad spinal problems. I’m one of them. Two of my vertebrae are fused together and I’m in a lot of pain!!-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-24-2020, 08:09 AM   #152
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Yes. The sound of the gun shooting outside the aircraft is “ BRRRT”. For the bad guys
that means they have 1-3 second left. Mostly though they just ran away - which is, you know, kind of frustrating!

Now its up to the new guys, who have this amazing, cosmic shitte on the A-10C that I would have traded a non-removable and non-replaceable body part to try or use. It was frustrating using the same old gear, we were under-funded, analog, crap stuff. On one of my last flights I dropped a 1000 lb., laser-guided bomb from 8000’ altitude on a little card table and hit it!! They were just giving me a taste of the new bombs.

Before that we had to do bombing with cheap DUMB bombs - hi angle, dive bomb with a constantly computing impact point - CCIP. Since dive bombing isn’t that accurate we needed to practiced dive bombing all the time. Six practice bomb passes for 1,000 flights or even 2,000 flights and you pull 4-6 g’ per pass. If you’re a 150 lb man that means you put 600 to 900 lbs of force on your spine 6-10 times a flight. Many American fighter pilots who retired out of the service now have bad spinal problems. I’m one of them. Two of my vertebrae are fused together and I’m in a lot of pain!!-

Hope that feels better. My grandfather flew P47 Thunderbolts in WW2 against the Nazis. Got shot down over Holland and subsequently captured. The Nazis treated him decently as a POW - I think having the last name Snyder probably helped since it's of German origin. But he always had knee trouble due to the way he parachuted in after ejecting.

I have to imagine combat flying puts your body through the paces. Anyway thanks again for your service.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #153
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Warthog, may God bless you for what you did for the rest of us. I hope you're able to find some effective pain relief soon.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #154
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Hope that feels better. My grandfather flew P47 Thunderbolts in WW2 against the Nazis. Got shot down over Holland and subsequently captured. The Nazis treated him decently as a POW - I think having the last name Snyder probably helped since it's of German origin. But he always had knee trouble due to the way he parachuted in after ejecting.

I have to imagine combat flying puts your body through the paces. Anyway thanks again for your service.
Schneed, I recently read an outstanding memoir by a WWII Thunderbolt pilot titled Thunderbolt! The Extraordinary Story of a World War II Ace by Robert S. Johnson and Martin Caidin. You probably already know about it. If not, you can download it. I got it on my Kindle from Amazon.com. It's a great read.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #155
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Thanks for your service and sorry for your fused spine, I have one of those also. Mine came was collateral damaged from years of heavy weight lifting. Not a good time to have one as they don't give medication out to treat long term pain any more. Ice and Advil only get me so far. Tried CBD oil, it didn't work for me.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #156
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Thanks for your service and sorry for your fused spine, I have one of those also. Mine came was collateral damaged from years of heavy weight lifting. Not a good time to have one as they don't give medication out to treat long term pain any more. Ice and Advil only get me so far. Tried CBD oil, it didn't work for me.

Sorry to hear that. I guess heavy weight lifting and pulling “g’s” (gravitational) forces are the same. I thought it was super-cool to fly fighters at 50 years old. Maybe I was a super-fool. Lol.

Not to make too much of a plug for myself but I have written a book about leadership and my time in Iraq. It’s called:

“CRISIS IN BAGHDAD: Leadership in a Risk Adverse Environment”. It’s available on Amazon. If anyone get’s it tell me what you think.

I make a little beer money on each book, so help me get a Guinness! Lol.

When I’m not posting here I’m writing my second book about A-10 flying in Afghanistan, after 9/11. It will be called:

“IN THE SHADOW OF THE HINDU KISH”.

Hope to finish by the end of the year. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for all those who offered their support - really means something.

Flyboy.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #157
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:

If your Grandfather is alive thank him for his service. The Germans treated American POW’s decently. The P-47 was an awesome aircraft that was as good fighting against aircraft in the sky as hammering the German ground forces. Most P-47 were shot down either because the pilot was green (less than 10 combat missions) or attacking highly guarded targets (airfields).

WWII was an incredible war that almost defies belief. Your grandfather was part of that incredible generation.

Flyboy.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #158
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
If your Grandfather is alive thank him for his service. The Germans treated American POW’s decently. The P-47 was an awesome aircraft that was as good fighting against aircraft in the sky as hammering the German ground forces. Most P-47 were shot down either because the pilot was green (less than 10 combat missions) or attacking highly guarded targets (airfields).

WWII was an incredible war that almost defies belief. Your grandfather was part of that incredible generation.

Thank you, he lived a long and happy life but died at age 93 in 2016. You nailed it, he was shot down during Operation Market Garden, he was asked to dive on German anti-aircraft positions to pave the way for heavy bombers. It would often be the American plane diving on the anti-aircraft bunker, using the forward guns when possible to apply pressure, all the while the bunker was trained right back on the diving plane. It was often a matter of who got who first. He was pretty decent at it and won several of such toe-to-toes, but he eventually caught one on the right wing.

Sad thing about many of those pilots in those units, the P47 could take a serious beating, and sometimes would still be able to fly while the cockpit was on fire. So the way guys went out was burning up in the cockpit, and eventually the plane made its way to the ground with nobody at the controls.

When you get hit on the wing like he did, you get the opportunity to eject before something that terrible happens. I'm glad he did, I wouldn't be here today!

You're right, that was a hard war. They don't call 'em the greatest generation for nothing.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:00 PM   #159
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:

Thanks for your service , I hope you find a good PT or someone that specializes in pain management , I had 4 great uncles in WW11 ( Schneed ) , sadly one never came home . Sad many of our Vets never really get the treatment that they deserve . Hope everyone has a good night .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #160
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I guess heavy weight lifting and pulling “g’s” (gravitational) forces are the same. I thought it was super-cool to fly fighters at 50 years old. Maybe I was a super-fool. Lol.

Not to make too much of a plug for myself but I have written a book about leadership and my time in Iraq. It’s called:

“CRISIS IN BAGHDAD: Leadership in a Risk Adverse Environment”. It’s available on Amazon. If anyone get’s it tell me what you think.

I make a little beer money on each book, so help me get a Guinness! Lol.

When I’m not posting here I’m writing my second book about A-10 flying in Afghanistan, after 9/11. It will be called:

“IN THE SHADOW OF THE HINDU KISH”.

Hope to finish by the end of the year. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for all those who offered their support - really means something.

That is really awesome Warthog . I will have to get that book , You are one awesome dude !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:30 PM   #161
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Wow man...great stuff here. Thanks for your service.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:11 PM   #162
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wow man...great stuff here. Thanks for your service.

Thanks for the nice words!

Flyboy.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:25 PM   #163
Schneed10
A Dude

Original post was just updated to reflect that Trent is expected to be traded, freeing $12.5M in cap space if it happens.

Same cap space would be created if he were released, though not a likely scenario.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #164
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Original post was just updated to reflect that Trent is expected to be traded, freeing $12.5M in cap space if it happens.

Same cap space would be created if he were released, though not a likely scenario.
When I first read this my eyes redacted "expected to be".
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:40 PM   #165
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

IMO, the ideal time to trade Trent would be prior to the opening of FA. It would be beneficial to know that we have an additional $12.5M in cap space for FA.