Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Brunell sucks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #31
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Brunell sucks

off and def line sucked,bottom line,anything else is mute,if we had M Vick it might have made a difference being able to scramble away from the pressure
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #32
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

But if we had Mike Vick we also might not make anywhere NEAR the amount of completions that we do right now.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #33
hurrykaine
Impact Rookie

This thread should have read: "Robert Royal Sucks". All the blind side sacks come because Robert Royal sucks as a blocker. Jansens play has dropped off a bit too, but attribute that to injury.

Sure targets like Cooley have become fumble prone now. Cooley has to be playing hurt. Portis' fumbles were inexcusable today. I realized the offense came out flat today right in the first quarter when our drives stalled at midfield. We weren't able to pick up third and shorts against the Raiders D? How does this team not come out ready to play in a home game after a loss?! Coaching staff equally to blame for this dismal outing.
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #34
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: brunell sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
he didn't play that well today, but neither did the offense in general. the O-Line didn't do their job, the backs weren't really picking up the blitz, and the the receivers weren't getting separation. the raiders' D should not look this good, so we shouldn't put it all on brunell.

You're right, but for some reason at times our offense looks very simular to last year. There has to be a serious problem when you max protect and your QB still does not have time to attempt a completion. However I still can't imagine our passing game gaining any steam when we only use two receivers in most patterns. Teams have found ways to limit Moss and for some reason the coaches haven't found a counter.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:10 AM   #35
ST21
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
The same team Portis ran for 144 yards on, averaging 6.3 yards per carry?
Thats a good one....nice comeback
Old 11-21-2005, 08:48 AM   #36
irish
Playmaker

MB is the least of the O's problems. The line line could not protect him yesterday and when he did have time to throw he only has 1 receiver thats a threat. When that receiver is shut down their is no passing game.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #37
#56fanatic
The Starter

What is wrong with you people. Look I was on the wagon last year calling for Brunells head. But no way are we 5-5 without him. To say Brunell suck is rediculous. The last two games we lost fall on the coaches, both offensive and defensive. Brunell has made a tremendous amount of plays this year for this team. Portis fumbles twice yesterday, but the fact is we are winning late in the game and should have been running the ball, not throwing deep ball after deep ball down the sideline to our #4 receiver. Brunell does not make the calls, and be glad the throws were a little off, because if not the would have been picked. Brunell is putting ball where only the receiver can make plays. If the receiver cant, then the ball is thrown out of bounds. Brunell has by far, been the MVP of this team so far this season, as well as moss.

Its the coaches job to find or figure out a way to get somebody else open if Moss is getting doubled all day. This crap of not having any receiver is just that, crap. They play in the NFL, they cant be that bad to where they cant catch a damn ball. Portis should have had the ball late in the game and he didn't. thats what it comes down to. Bad play calling. on both sides of the ball.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:59 AM   #38
Twilbert07
Impact Rookie

The bottom line is that Brunell has played some good games and some bad games this season. Either way, though, Gibbs' decision to make him the starter means we start all over at the QB season next season or in 2007. Therefore, we're in for a couple more .500 seasons.
Twilbert07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:27 AM   #39
Skinnydo
Camp Scrub

I predict the Skins will win-out and Brunell will be the MAN! At 11-5 the Skins will not only be in the playoff, but will win the Super Bowl!!! Brunell will be the most valuable player and will, of course, be in the Pro-Bowl and on his way to the Hall of Fame. Whatever you do, do NOT sell Brunell and the Skins short!
Skinnydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #40
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnydo
I predict the Skins will win-out and Brunell will be the MAN! At 11-5 the Skins will not only be in the playoff, but will win the Super Bowl!!! Brunell will be the most valuable player and will, of course, be in the Pro-Bowl and on his way to the Hall of Fame. Whatever you do, do NOT sell Brunell and the Skins short!
Wow... this has to be a joke.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:42 AM   #41
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Wow... this has to be a joke.
As much as I hate to say it, the skins will win 2 more games, Arizona & St. Louis to finish 7-9. Pretty sad after a 3-0 start.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #42
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

IMO Brunell either has to turn it around this week or I don't think he has it in him to play consistently well for the duration of the season anymore. = Backup status. JMO
skinsfan0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:48 AM   #43
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Everyone got on Brunell's high horse because of his play in the first several games. He's been less consistent as of late, and the boobirds want his head. Granted, he has to step it up, but you can't put the brunt of the blame on his shoulders. While he's made mistakes, so has everyone else on that unit, including the coaching staff.

By no means does Brunell suck. He hasn't played well, but he doesn't suck...

The O-Line can only hold off a pass rush for so long. Gibbs believes in the max protect schemes, but if a 5-6 man rush leaves 5-6 guys covering 2-3, it's only a matter of time before someone sneakes in.

It was nice to see the Skins get Portis outside a lot. I'd have to venture a guess to say his first 5-7 runs were mostly sweeps.

The entire unit, line, backfield, receivers and QB, has to step up the last 6 games and make things happen. They can easily go 6-0 as they could go 0-6. All depends on what they bring to the table. The effort against Tampa, or the effort against Oakland.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:58 PM   #44
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan0201
IMO Brunell either has to turn it around this week or I don't think he has it in him to play consistently well for the duration of the season anymore. = Backup status. JMO
I was actually thinking about that.I dont think Brunell has played ANYWHER near bad enough to be benched. But even if he is going to be our guy next year, which I anticipate. Do you think about giving Jason Cambpell a start or two if we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs? Just to get a little experiance?
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #45
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711
I was actually thinking about that.I dont think Brunell has played ANYWHER near bad enough to be benched. But even if he is going to be our guy next year, which I anticipate. Do you think about giving Jason Cambpell a start or two if we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs? Just to get a little experiance?

Yep, I would! The only problem is, unless we lose our next 3 games or so, we might technically not be mathematically out of it until the last game of the season, so I'm not sure if putting him in then is such a good idea. If were 5-8 after the next three weeks, then putting him in might not be such a bad idea.