Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #11
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Don't act like we don't' say the same thing to Trump supporters.

Let Snake have his moment.
Dude man, it's all good here. I can see how my "comeback" post reads, but I swear in my heart it wasn't meant like that. I was just saying how I had my concerns like many of us way early in the negotiations, and everytime i would give me thoughts on why the deal wouldn't happen, people were just basically like "THATS CRAZY, NO WAY WE TAG COUSINS TWO TIMES", etc. I thought i outlined every scenario, from his issues with Bruce Allen, to the theory that has gained life on other boards, that Cousins still connects this franchise to the Shanahans and the ill-fated RG3 deal. No matter. I just don't want to be looked at as a crazy man when i gave us all straight up reasons as to why Cousins wouldn't, and didn't get signed.

To be honest, i really want to move past Cousins here, and get back to debating other things. It will be hard to do, literally every game this season they will talk about how "Cousins is playing under the tag", blah blah blah. But hopefully we (The Redskins) learned from it, and next year they offer him a real long term contract. Let me be clear: I do not believe what Bruce Allen had to say. Other people who are good at breaking down the cap told me that Allen's deal was basically a two year contract, essentially. We need to get it right next time, and we have time. HTTR