AT&T is giving $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 employees after tax bill
Great to see. Hopefully this is trend

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #63
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Tax bill

No , you the one drinking the kool /aid the Paul Ryan kool /aid. People will get a tax cut first year, a couple of hundred the second and owe on the third.

Guthrie made him look like a bitch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qif7FfVGIWA
Old 12-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #64
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No , you the one drinking the kool /aid the Paul Ryan kool /aid. People will get a tax cut first year, a couple of hundred the second and owe on the third.

I watched the Guthrie interview. He actually destroyed her. She doesn’t understand why bringing money home from overseas is a boon to our economy. She thinks it means more spending on jobs and wages. It doesn’t, it means more dollars creating investment earnings that are actually subject to US tax rates. Her understanding of the economy is superficial at best.

I’ll warn you too, same goes for you in this situation. You’re talking to an MBA Mensa member with a vast understanding of economic policy, well-read on the tax bill, and with a big dick.

The information you have, if you can even produce it and I doubt you can, is flat wrong. The tax rates will remain in place to 2026.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Poor savannah...as someone who watches articles of incorporations such as safe havens as Cayman Islands, guersey and Isle of Man...she really has no inkling of what’s she talking about. It’s rather sad...”pass through” entities....these have been smart strategic structures to avoid a taxes of the us at an uncompetitive rate. This is what we are trying to avoid

He Gets Us
Old 12-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #66
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Guthrie looked like a partisan hack. She had a clear agenda and wanted to get her shots in. At no point did she seriously reflect his points in an interview or discussion style, in fact she used passive aggressive and actively aggressive terms to dismiss and minimize his articulated responses.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:08 AM   #67
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Guthrie looked like a partisan hack. She had a clear agenda and wanted to get her shots in. At no point did she seriously reflect his points in an interview or discussion style, in fact she used passive aggressive and actively aggressive terms to dismiss and minimize his articulated responses.
LOL, wrong. She showed Ryan a video of CEO's admitting they will not use the tax break to bring back jobs or job creation,Ryan lies as does the GOP who went against their own voters on this one..The new bill doesn't bring money or jobs back ,companies will only pay tax on monies made in the US,anything made outside will be un taxed,you figure it out.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:18 AM   #68
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I watched the Guthrie interview. He actually destroyed her. She doesn’t understand why bringing money home from overseas is a boon to our economy. She thinks it means more spending on jobs and wages. It doesn’t, it means more dollars creating investment earnings that are actually subject to US tax rates. Her understanding of the economy is superficial at best..

Wrong. Yes she slammed him ,it's not what she thinks it's what the GOP said to sell the tax bill and she called him on it.US CEO's all said they will not use the monies saved to create "investment earnings"..I applaud you being an MBA MENSA member and I sincerely don't give to shits about your dick but your wrong.

So you're saying all the links I put up are wrong,all of them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/b...6CF063&gwt=pay

A tax policy that really will create jobs and raise wages | TheHill
Old 12-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #69
Schneed10
A Dude

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. You said the tax breaks would go away in the second year. Not a single one of the links you provided say that.

And it's really hard to take you seriously when you mix up your to/two/too and your/you're. I feel like I'm arguing with a 13 year old girl.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #70
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

AT&T Inc. and Comcast Corp. said they would pay a $1,000 bonus to most of their U.S. workers—more than 300,000 people combined—once the president signs the legislation. Wells Fargo & Co. and Fifth Third Bancorp said they would raise their minimum wage to $15 an hour.

-wall street journal

He Gets Us
Old 12-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #71
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
AT&T Inc. and Comcast Corp. said they would pay a $1,000 bonus to most of their U.S. workers—more than 300,000 people combined—once the president signs the legislation. Wells Fargo & Co. and Fifth Third Bancorp said they would raise their minimum wage to $15 an hour.

-wall street journal

Good for them, I would love to see this become the norm but I highly doubt it will. Let’s not lose sight of who will ultimately gain from this tax bill.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #72
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. You said the tax breaks would go away in the second year. Not a single one of the links you provided say that.

And it's really hard to take you seriously when you mix up your to/two/too and your/you're. I feel like I'm arguing with a 13 year old girl.
No , I said they reduce them and they do.

Use this calculator to see how the tax bill affects your paycheck - CNNPolitics

https://www.calcxml.com/calculators/...orm-calculator

these calculators are for your paycheck ,still trying to find the one about how the new bill affects home owners.

Last edited by Giantone; 12-21-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #73
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Sorry, you could always chose not to respond.

Last edited by Giantone; 12-21-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #74
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

-wall street journal
So what was the reason for not giving the bonus before the tax bill, I mean both companies had the money and were what just sitting on it? Most will see about $575 out of the $1000 since it will be maxed taxed.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:01 AM   #75
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

What happened to flex spend money for dependent care? Did they get rid of using pre taxed plans for child care? I know the house repubs wanted to do that originally, but I can't find anything about if the senate talked some sense into them. I also hate how they add shit that has nothing to do with the bill. Drilling in ANWR? Way to provide unnecessary government subsidies to private sector. I know that this is the way it works but hate it.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote