Old 05-18-2020, 01:04 AM   #16
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Cody Latimer arrested for assault and firearms charges - WHOOPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
yawn....who is he?
A soon to be nobody.

The frequency of it makes it really sad. That's a real issue. But at some point if you don't realize the opportunities life gives you, nobody will do it for you.

Advertisements
Old 05-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #17
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Wow .... this case took a disturbing turn ...

At the hearing, Latimer’s attorney, Harvey Steinberg, told the court that he has been contacted by law enforcement concerning an investigation of a sexual assault of Latimer’s 4-year-old son that was allegedly perpetrated by one of the individuals at that poker game.

Latimer, who was arrested at 3:15 a.m. Saturday, has been ordered to return for a July 24 court date. He is facing charges of assault in the second degree, menacing, illegal discharge of a firearm, prohibited use of weapons and reckless endangerment.

Steinberg told the court that the allegations concerning the shooting incident occurred at about the same time and location as the alleged sexual assault.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/5/19/...e-your-opinion
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

wow I am not even hating on him now
Old 05-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #19
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

While this might help explain his actions, it does not justify them, either from a legal perspective or from the perspective of whether or not he should be on the roster.

Unless acting in self defense (or in self defense of another human being), the appropriate response is not to go firing a gun at people. This was at an apartment complex. Errant bullets could have killed others in the room or in neighboring units. It is criminal behavior.

We should be living in a civilized society. The appropriate response to a crime (real or perceived), whether that be someone running from an empty house under construction or the alleged abuse of a child, is not to get your guns and confront someone. The appropriate response is to call the police and let them deal with it. Vigilante justice has no place in Our society, especially when the behavior could harm innocent people nearby.

From the teams perspective, Latimores not a good football player. His role here was as a 5thWR/veteran leader. We have a lot of young players on this team and latimore has proven he’s not role model material. As a human being, i can relate to a degree and and I hope the criminal justice system allows him some leniency if warranted, but I don’t want guys like this on my team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #20
MTK
\m/

Another example of when keeping it real goes wrong.

Call the police, very simple.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
While this might help explain his actions, it does not justify them, either from a legal perspective or from the perspective of whether or not he should be on the roster.

Unless acting in self defense (or in self defense of another human being), the appropriate response is not to go firing a gun at people. This was at an apartment complex. Errant bullets could have killed others in the room or in neighboring units. It is criminal behavior.

We should be living in a civilized society. The appropriate response to a crime (real or perceived), whether that be someone running from an empty house under construction or the alleged abuse of a child, is not to get your guns and confront someone. The appropriate response is to call the police and let them deal with it. Vigilante justice has no place in Our society, especially when the behavior could harm innocent people nearby.

From the teams perspective, Latimores not a good football player. His role here was as a 5thWR/veteran leader. We have a lot of young players on this team and latimore has proven he’s not role model material. As a human being, i can relate to a degree and and I hope the criminal justice system allows him some leniency if warranted, but I don’t want guys like this on my team.

Good post

I was thinking this same thought this morning after reading the Cody’s case update. But still, I’m willing to give Cody more of a break than the clown show in Georgia. Also, I probably would have applied a more physical approach if I was Cody...than a gun. He probably would have enjoyed it more as well and probably wouldn’t have been charged. I’m hoping Latimore gets the charges dropped.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #22
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

I agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread ...

But I keep coming back to this ... 4 year old sexually assaulted. I don't even know the child but can feel my blood start to boil.

Child abuse and animal abuse make me forget about our civilized society for a moment, and make me want to rain down serious physical hell on those committing those acts.

RR still has to do what is best for the team ... letting this play out legally may be the best course. Hell ... Latimer may not even make the team, making this a moot issue.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #23
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

There is no excuse for the incident with the gun, innocent people could have been injured or killed because of his stupidity. What happened to the good ole fashioned fist fight? It seems as the decades go by, more and more people settle disputes with guns.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:24 PM   #24
MTK
\m/

What happened to just calling the police?? Fist fight? Oy
Old 05-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #25
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
What happened to just calling the police?? Fist fight? Oy
I am not saying he should have beat the guy's ass. My point was things that were settled with fists 40 years ago when I was a young adult, now end up with people shooting each other.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 05-20-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:48 PM   #26
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Totally agree both from a legal and "what the team should do" standpoint.

From a moral standpoint though... I ain't judging. I have no kid but if somebody was to do something like that to my wife, and I get an opportunity to find the man, he's not taking a bullet in the head, he's spending a month in my basement getting tortured Liam Neeson style. Not saying it's right, not saying it wouldn't deserve a severe judicial punishment, but my guts tell me that's what I'd want to do.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:55 AM   #27
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
I agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread ...

But I keep coming back to this ... 4 year old sexually assaulted. I don't even know the child but can feel my blood start to boil.

Child abuse and animal abuse make me forget about our civilized society for a moment, and make me want to rain down serious physical hell on those committing those acts.

RR still has to do what is best for the team ... letting this play out legally may be the best course. Hell ... Latimer may not even make the team, making this a moot issue.
It's why I will never like Vick or AP. Some things to me are simply unforgivable.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:26 PM   #28
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:

You start messing with someone's family and what ever you get you deserve. A baseball bate would have been just fine.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #29
Monkeydad
Living Legend

No loss from this roster. He was unlikely to contribute much anyways.

We have a LOT of young talent at WR, I think we're fine without him.