Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Ron Rivera

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2022, 02:30 AM   #1
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,816
Ron Rivera

Is it time to turn on Ron Rivera ? Ron is old school....Rivera has no energy.....and the players reflect that.....we need a younger head coach.....I really don't think Ron is the man for the job.....I feel like Ron is stuck to how football was played back in the 1980s and 1990s....and there's no Cam Newton, Thomas Davis, or Luke Kuechly in Washington to save him....there's no all pro players on this defense.....they don't have the players they can mold into who they want....Ron Rivera is not getting it done and apparently his message is not getting to these players.....the fact that he threw that challenge flag late as fuck really resonated lwith me.......he got this team on track when he got here after the Bruce Allen years.....and he has done as much as he can do....and maybe it's time for someone else to come in and pick up where Ron left off.....I've gotten to this point with Ron.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:57 AM   #2
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,535
Re: Ron Rivera

Of all the things to complain about, I think this challenge flag thing is absolutely the dumbest thing to complain about.

Anyways, yes... let's turn on Ron Rivera, because we definitely have a better option at this point after game 3.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:20 AM   #3
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,816
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Of all the things to complain about, I think this challenge flag thing is absolutely the dumbest thing to complain about.

Anyways, yes... let's turn on Ron Rivera, because we definitely have a better option at this point after game 3.

Ron is 15-21 so far as head coach......don't you get sick and tired of the slow starts to seasons ? Don't you get tired of watching the same movie over and over where the team starts off 3-6, win three in row, and then lose 5 out of the final ten games to finish 7-9 or 7-10 ? Why can't there ever be a start to a new season where the team starts off 3-0 ?
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:46 AM   #4
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,524
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Ron is 15-21 so far as head coach......don't you get sick and tired of the slow starts to seasons ? Don't you get tired of watching the same movie over and over where the team starts off 3-6, win three in row, and then lose 5 out of the final ten games to finish 7-9 or 7-10 ? Why can't there ever be a start to a new season where the team starts off 3-0 ?
Ron has the same record through 36 game as Jay Gruden.

I've been saying RR is a dinosaur since he's been hired and its more obvious now than ever, especially with that shovel pass on the goal line. No modern coach runs a play like that in that situation. Ron isn't going to change so this re-run is going to keep playing every week.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:54 AM   #5
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,726
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Ron has the same record through 36 game as Jay Gruden.

I've been saying RR is a dinosaur since he's been hired and its more obvious now than ever, especially with that shovel pass on the goal line. No modern coach runs a play like that in that situation. Ron isn't going to change so this re-run is going to keep playing every week.
I didn't see the game are you referring to running shovel passes at the goal line in general?
__________________
What comes next?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:58 AM   #6
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,524
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I didn't see the game are you referring to running shovel passes at the goal line in general?
They ran a shovel pass yesterday at the start of the 4th quarter, on 4th and goal. The next play was when Wash got the safety.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:57 AM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 36
Posts: 34,473
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Ron has the same record through 36 game as Jay Gruden.

I've been saying RR is a dinosaur since he's been hired and its more obvious now than ever, especially with that shovel pass on the goal line. No modern coach runs a play like that in that situation. Ron isn't going to change so this re-run is going to keep playing every week.
KC runs that all the time down there but they also have Mahomes so he can do whatever he wants
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:43 AM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,613
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Of all the things to complain about, I think this challenge flag thing is absolutely the dumbest thing to complain about.

Anyways, yes... let's turn on Ron Rivera, because we definitely have a better option at this point after game 3.

Just because Ron is the only option isn’t an excuse for losing lol. It was a 45 yard difference that really was the turning point of the game. Your optimism is becoming rose colored.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:58 AM   #9
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,535
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Just because Ron is the only option isn’t an excuse for losing lol. It was a 45 yard difference that really was the turning point of the game. Your optimism is becoming rose colored.
LOL, I'm not excusing their losing... I'm just not putting it on that play.

It is easy to criticize a play like that sitting on your couch. Timeouts are valuable, and you don't just throw the challenge flag every time you think a pass might be incomplete. He was like a second late, after Philly hurried up to snap the ball. Sometimes the Head coaches don't get the communication fast enough to know that the flag should be thrown. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Yes, that was a very impactful play - may have even been a turning point. But that isn't why they lost the game. They lost the game because the offensive line got man-handled, and no adjustments were made to account for that until it was too late.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:27 AM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,613
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
LOL, I'm not excusing their losing... I'm just not putting it on that play.

It is easy to criticize a play like that sitting on your couch. Timeouts are valuable, and you don't just throw the challenge flag every time you think a pass might be incomplete. He was like a second late, after Philly hurried up to snap the ball. Sometimes the Head coaches don't get the communication fast enough to know that the flag should be thrown. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Yes, that was a very impactful play - may have even been a turning point. But that isn't why they lost the game. They lost the game because the offensive line got man-handled, and no adjustments were made to account for that until it was too late.

Eagles hurried up because they knew. So they were able to see the replay and run a play but Ron wasn’t able to throw a flag?
It was 0-0 at that point so timeout schmimeout.

Anyway no there is nobody to replace him now. We will suffer through another year. After which I really hope we give some coordinator a shot. Maybe Bieniemy? Idk. But a change is necessary.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:49 AM   #11
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,535
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Eagles hurried up because they knew. So they were able to see the replay and run a play but Ron wasn’t able to throw a flag?
It was 0-0 at that point so timeout schmimeout.

Anyway no there is nobody to replace him now. We will suffer through another year. After which I really hope we give some coordinator a shot. Maybe Bieniemy? Idk. But a change is necessary.
They knew? I'm not buying that. Teams hurry up all the time when it's a big play and it's close - just in case. Sometimes a challenge is warranted, and sometimes it's not. Hurts knew it was close and wanted to hurry up before a flag could be thrown, and RR was one second too late - I'll give you that.

Look, I'm not saying that a challenge flag shouldn't have been thrown, but honestly the defense was playing fine up to that point, and even after that play they only gave up 3 points. I'm just not a fan of just throwing the flag if you aren't sure it's warranted.

Anyway, not throwing the challenge flag one second earlier is like the last thing I'm concerned about after watching that game.

If you want a turning point, look at Carson's fumble on their own 23 yard line - followed by Philly's first TD.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:10 AM   #12
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,726
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Of all the things to complain about, I think this challenge flag thing is absolutely the dumbest thing to complain about.

Anyways, yes... let's turn on Ron Rivera, because we definitely have a better option at this point after game 3.
I agree. We're 1-2. If we make a change, who takes over? Why does it make us better? Is it just to get rid of RR for his leadership? I don't deny I am not happy with RR's coaching but unless there is a pragmatic reason i.e. the coaching staff has lost the locker room, we have a known young talent we want to promote from within I think we just have to ride the ship for the time being.
__________________
What comes next?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:53 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 36
Posts: 34,473
Re: Ron Rivera

I was a huge fan of this hire and I kept giving him excuses but now it's time for him to go.

1. The team is not getting better in the W/L Column where it matters most.
2. He's never energetic, all he does is stand there all game with no emotions.
3. He's supposed to be a defensive coach and he's NEVER had a good defense here.
4. He says the same shit every week "well we are growing and learning" LMAO Learning how to suck.
5. He has done NOTHING to help the holes our defense has had over the last few years especially at LB a position he played!!

The whole staff is garbage and the fact that the social media team celebrates a catch from Terry when losing 24-0 speaks volumes about where this team is.

I'm over these clowns and franchise. I legit don't care anymore and I'd be 100% done if it wasn't for this forum.
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:04 AM   #14
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,535
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I was a huge fan of this hire and I kept giving him excuses but now it's time for him to go.

1. The team is not getting better in the W/L Column where it matters most.
2. He's never energetic, all he does is stand there all game with no emotions.
3. He's supposed to be a defensive coach and he's NEVER had a good defense here.
4. He says the same shit every week "well we are growing and learning" LMAO Learning how to suck.
5. He has done NOTHING to help the holes our defense has had over the last few years especially at LB a position he played!!

The whole staff is garbage and the fact that the social media team celebrates a catch from Terry when losing 24-0 speaks volumes about where this team is.

I'm over these clowns and franchise. I legit don't care anymore and I'd be 100% done if it wasn't for this forum.
It's really hard to argue any of your points. I want to, but damn...you're not wrong. I really liked the hire when it happened too. However, three games into his third season, and they just might be worse than last year. I'll keep hoping they turn it around, but my magic 8-ball says that the signs are pointing to no.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:41 AM   #15
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4,503
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I was a huge fan of this hire and I kept giving him excuses but now it's time for him to go.

1. The team is not getting better in the W/L Column where it matters most.
2. He's never energetic, all he does is stand there all game with no emotions.
3. He's supposed to be a defensive coach and he's NEVER had a good defense here.
4. He says the same shit every week "well we are growing and learning" LMAO Learning how to suck.
5. He has done NOTHING to help the holes our defense has had over the last few years especially at LB a position he played!!

The whole staff is garbage and the fact that the social media team celebrates a catch from Terry when losing 24-0 speaks volumes about where this team is.

I'm over these clowns and franchise. I legit don't care anymore and I'd be 100% done if it wasn't for this forum.
1. Cant argue with that. Only comment is that it was a good coaching job to get this Taylor Heinike, injured roster team to 7-10 last year. Sitting at 2-6, we won 4 straight and showed some fight and leadership.

2. Energy and emotion - Post game, the man delivers. Hes a leader of men. hes not going to be emotional on the sideline during a game.

3. He relies too much on JDR and that may ultimately be his down bringing .. too loyal to his generals

4. He does coach speak, for the most part .. idk

5. LB = wasnt much out there but Blake martinez should have been brought in. QB = hes tried for stafford, Wilson but no big name wants to come here, so we get the choice of wentz/jimmy g/mayfield types. Damaged goods QBs for a damaged goods franchise.

-------------------------

it is what it is ... we need to tank for a QB
SunnySide is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40243 seconds with 10 queries