Vikings Post-game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-08-2022, 10:55 AM   #61
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
All Scott has to do is to get the running in a flow, everything opens after that. Get some screens, get the TE’s involved (especially Rogers) our TE’s are under utilized. Rogers is our secret weapon, he’s fast, athletic and can pass the ball. Find a way to exploit defenses with him.
TE not being used /targeted is baffling at this point.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2022, 05:23 PM   #62
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
TH can move -- so get him out of the pocket and throwing on the move. Admittedly, I do not know squat about football, but there are plenty of people that do (per reporting by Keim, Finley, etc.) who are talking about these kinds of adjustments to what we're doing.
I've been saying it in the game threads since Heinicke stepped on the field this season. You can add BMitch in there as well, as he said as much on the post game show after Sunday's game (ie, getting Heinicke on the move and stop overly using him as a pocket passer).

If you're gonna play someone then devise a game plan to said players' strength. Move Heinicke around. Utilize more RPO action ala the Falcons and Eagles since we have a QB who's a threat to use his legs.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:53 PM   #63
Meks
Pro Bowl

Scott Turner just sucks.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #64
mredskins
MVP

This was honestly a great game with a bad ending, this game won't hurt when looking back on the season, the fucking loss to DET is going to burn if we just miss the playoffs.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:40 AM   #65
MTK
\m/

Not even mad about this loss.

Snyder is selling the team.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:47 AM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Pretty much how I feel. Everything is lame duck until a new owner takes over.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:50 AM   #67
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Pretty much how I feel. Everything is lame duck until a new owner takes over.
Agree.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:51 AM   #68
mredskins
MVP

Quote:

The day it sells I will play this on a continuous loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIdRJlzERo
Old 11-09-2022, 09:58 AM   #69
MTK
\m/

So bad I'm actually starting to like it
Old 11-09-2022, 10:05 AM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

LOL Me too
Old 11-09-2022, 10:26 AM   #71
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It makes sense. They are still in the driver's seat for the second or third wild card spot. Heinicke has managed to win a couple games, but not because he's better than Wentz. Wentz is still the better QB, and despite his inferior ability to move around in the pocket, he probably still gives this team the best chance to win.

Personally, I'd like to see Howell. But they aren't going to throw him to the wolves on Monday night against the undefeated Eagles, and he just may not be ready. You have to go with your best option until you are mathematically eliminated. You owe it to the rest of the players on the team.
OK, I must disagree with most of what you posted. Regarding Wentz, his numbers and arm strength are irrelevant because he is a scared choke artist with the game on the line. His is also a statue and he takes way too many sacks which have hurt the team. So, I say no to Wentz no matter what the standings say because he has become a loser.

Before you say what RR owes the players at QB, it would be informative to hear what the players think about the three of them. Of course I realize that players are highly unlikely to speak up about what they want.

Also, I say no to waiting until the team is mathematically eliminated. In my humble, ignorant and probably misguided opinion we already know that Wentz and TH can't get us what we need at QB to be to be a contender. If we wait until RR thinks Howell is ready it will be about three years from now. So, I actually hope we lose four in a row so we can get Howell enough playing time to find out if he could be The Man.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 10:31 AM   #72
MTK
\m/

Ron isn't giving up on Wentz. He's definitely going back to him when he's ready, unless TH just balls the F out and I think we already know he's not going to suddenly turn into a legit starter.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:38 AM   #73
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Ron isn't giving up on Wentz. He's definitely going back to him when he's ready, unless TH just balls the F out and I think we already know he's not going to suddenly turn into a legit starter.
I believe you but the truth hurts me. I'm just hoping that ,some way, we get to see what Sam Howell has to offer this season.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:34 AM   #74
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
OK, I must disagree with most of what you posted. Regarding Wentz, his numbers and arm strength are irrelevant because he is a scared choke artist with the game on the line. His is also a statue and he takes way too many sacks which have hurt the team. So, I say no to Wentz no matter what the standings say because he has become a loser.

Before you say what RR owes the players at QB, it would be informative to hear what the players think about the three of them. Of course I realize that players are highly unlikely to speak up about what they want.

Also, I say no to waiting until the team is mathematically eliminated. In my humble, ignorant and probably misguided opinion we already know that Wentz and TH can't get us what we need at QB to be to be a contender. If we wait until RR thinks Howell is ready it will be about three years from now. So, I actually hope we lose four in a row so we can get Howell enough playing time to find out if he could be The Man.
Disagreement is cool.

But I don't know that Wentz would take more sacks than Heinicke if they were behind the same offensive line. Wentz has taken a lot of sacks - yes, but the offensive line was also playing much worse than it has in the past few weeks. Last year in 17 games Wentz was sacked 32 times, while Heinicke was sacked 38 times in 16 games, behind a better O-line.

It does seem like the players really like Heinicke, but I would bet that they also know his limitations, just as the casual fan can see them. And I'm not so sure they don't like Wentz just as much or more. I am definitely speculating that the majority of the players in that locker room think that Wentz give the team the best chance to win. I personally think he does, and I think that most people who know anything about football or QB play, and can be objective, will tell you that Wentz is the better QB. I've personally seen enough of Heinicke. Both QBs have their flaws, but in my opinion, if all things are equal (o-line playing better, defense playing better, etc), Wentz gives the team the best chance to win, and the players likely understand that too. Heinicke just throws it up for grabs too much. I get giving your guy a chance to make a play. Sometimes it works out for him because Terry makes a fabulous contested catch, or a referee knocks down one of the three defenders giving Samuel a chance to catch the eyes closed - Hail Mary heave into triple coverage, but that's not going to win you more games than you'll lose.

The Howell situation is tough. Like I said, I would like to see what he can do. However, if he isn't ready and everyone in that locker room knows he isn't the best option, that's a bad message to send to the players - who I think are all playing their asses off still.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #75
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Unless TH gets hurt in the game this week, we will not see Sam Howell, Wentz is back after the Eagles game