Om Field: Crowdgate - Butt Out

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
-Om-
Special Teams

Om Field: Crowdgate - Butt Out

Crowdgate - Butt Out
Nov. 15, 2008

Have we really fallen so far, Redskins Nation? There’s one word to describe the now two-week-long hysteria over Crowdgate:

Embarrassing.

* FedExField is the largest stadium in the NFL. More seats equals more butts. Ours and theirs. Get used to it.

* Washington DC remains a city of transplants. There are always going to be fans of other teams putting their butts in our seats. Get used to it.

* Ever been to a game at FedEx Field? If you have, you know getting your butt in and out of there is a pain in it. Now put that game on a Monday Night. Figure the game ends around midnight. Know what time your butt is getting home? Neither do I, and that’s the point. But count on being the only car moving in your neighborhood except maybe Johnny Law doing his rounds.

* Checked your 401K lately? If you work for a living you feel like you’ve spent the last couple months retrieving soap in a prison shower. If your alarm is going to go off at oh-dark-thirty Tuesday morning, and some anonymous online schmuck is willing to pay you three times face for your two tickets, there’s a decent chance you’re not going to sweat checking the color of his NFL underoos.

But enough wasting time on the peripheral reasons.

Know why Steelers fans on Monday night were a factor? Because the Redskins played butt-awful offensive football. And because the entire team spent the first half looking gift horses in the mouth, extending a gilded invitation to the visitors to take control of the damn game.

This isn’t complicated.

If Jason Campbell hits a wide open Santana Moss at the goal line on the second offensive possession, and the Redskins go up 10-0, know what you would have heard at FedEx?

If Carlos Rogers doesn’t drop the Redskins weekly “thanks, but no thanks” pick-six opportunity, they go up 13-3, playing as well defensively as they have since Richie Petitbone and his various combilations (anyone?) waddled the RFK sidelines, know what you would have heard at FedEx?

And if the Redskins had been the butt-kickers instead of the butt-kickees all night, know what you would have heard and seen from the “loyal opposition?”

CLICK HERE to read more

Last edited by -Om-; 11-15-2008 at 12:59 PM.
-Om- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

Re: Om Field: Crowdgate - Butt Out

what can I say .. great post .. I travel back to a game once a year and have loved seeing the skins in RFK and Fed Ex .. I live in Arizona and do have season tix to the Nardinals .. if you want fan bias check out another city !! The skins fans are loyal and loud .. i was at the hall of fame cermonies for monk/green .. how about a stadium full of skins fans and no game !!! Hail to the Skins -- Let's get it done Sunday Night !!!!!!
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Well said. I'm tired of the whiny "why did you sell your tickets?" threads, too.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
-Om-
Special Teams

Glad it's a shared sentiment. Truth is, Redskins fans aren't much different from fans of any other team (with the obvious exception of Dallas and Philly). We love winning. We hate losing. Doesn't matter where.

If we get tickets to a Skins home game, we go. If the Skins are winning, we're loud and proud. If they're not, we sit on our hands.

Same on the road.

All this tooth-gnashing about visiting fans goes away with one easy formula.

Win.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
hagams
Impact Rookie

Pulitzer Material
Old 11-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
redskinjim
Special Teams

i live in california the game at 49ers in december looks good if you buy seats online in the redskins (visitors}section you have HORRIBLE seats.I saw the skins at 49ers in 2002 we lost but the 49er fans treated us well.If it were the rams the 49ers scream obsenities at you as i hope we will shit on dallas sunday HAIL!!
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
SouperMeister
Playmaker

I was angered and embarrassed too, but you raise many of the key points that led to the invasion of Steeler Nation. It will always be more likely for this to happen on a night game before a work day. The inconvenience of getting out of the stadium makes a night game often unbearable. I've attended 3 or 4 such games at FedEx, and never gotten home before 2:00 AM, often closer to 3:00. That's tough on a work day. Expect to see a bunch of Cowboys fans invading tonight...
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #8
redskinjim
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
I was angered and embarrassed too, but you raise many of the key points that led to the invasion of Steeler Nation. It will always be more likely for this to happen on a night game before a work day. The inconvenience of getting out of the stadium makes a night game often unbearable. I've attended 3 or 4 such games at FedEx, and never gotten home before 2:00 AM, often closer to 3:00. That's tough on a work day. Expect to see a bunch of Cowboys fans invading tonight...
We need to treat visiting fans like they are in the wrong place.scared to go to bathroom
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
We need to treat visiting fans like they are in the wrong place.scared to go to bathroom
Sorry but that is dumb statement!

The Skins just need to win so the other fans hang their head.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
-Om-
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
Yeah, I'm with CRedskinsRule on this one. Redskins fans used to pride themselves on NOT being like Philly, Dallas or Oakland fans. I hope that's sill the case.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
Meks
Pro Bowl

really hope they dont 'invade' ...

it de-moralized our players in and after the last game.

and thats not good for the team, its not good for anyone.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote